Glock Talk banner

Why get rid of the G43?

3566 Views 46 Replies 39 Participants Last post by  Bruce M
I have been seeing a large influx of used G43s being sold and up for trade around here. I was just wondering why people would be getting rid of the gun they have been asking for all these years?
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· Registered
847 Posts
I have been seeing a large influx of used G43s being sold and up for trade around here. I was just wondering why people would be getting rid of the gun they have been asking for all these years?
Morning AdamSean

Lots or reasons-- from impulse buy (little 43 feels so good in hand that most can't resist buying at first sight).

To buying a 43 then finding too large for pocket carry & too small for existing holsters.

To buying a gun they didn't really need then finding it didn't shoot any better than their "whatever" gun they had.

To "who knows" other than the seller.

· Registered
501 Posts
Because of the M&P Shield.....(insert rim shot here) Just kidding! I have no idea why. I love my Shield but I sure would like to handle and shoot a 43 for kicks and giggles.

· Registered
59,814 Posts
Out of curiosity at what prices are you seeing them for sale? Especially if they are offered around 500 or more I would also guess someone trying to make a quick profit before prices stabilize a bit.

· Registered
103 Posts
I don't see how anybody is making money flipping these. They have been readily available almost since release. Just checked and there are some for $459 on Gunbroker right now. After shipping it would be inline with what my local store is asking.

· M62/76
14,812 Posts
Likely several of the factors already stated- cash flow, they're trying to make a little $ or simply couldn't make the profit they'd hoped so they're trying to get what they can, and others who have found that the 43 wasn't everything they had hoped.

· Registered
6,861 Posts
My wife used to represent a large car dealership that covered several states. Countless times, people would buy a car, only to try to trade it in a few days later, because they didn't like the color or the seats weren't comfortable, the trunk was too small. They'd expect to get what they paid for the car because they just bought it. Haha. My wife had a best friend that always bought the same kind of car her mother bought, right down to the same color. I had a secretary that did the same thing. The truth is, some people are just incapable of making valued choices.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.