Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
They're not law enforcement only. There's just a Law Enforcement Only version of certain models with its own SKU number, same as other generations. These are the blue label guns and are mostly exactly the same as the non-blue label, but have an extra magazine in the box. Oddly enough, comparing the civilian and law enforcement versions of the Gen 4 G34, there is a 2mm difference in barrel length and overall length?????

One of the reasons I’m a member of this forum.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
One of the reasons I’m a member of this forum.
Gen4’s in 9mm and .40Cal are being discontinued except for LE Agencies that are still using them. As support for those LE Agencies. I’m guessing that eventually all gen4’s will be discontinued as they bring out gen5’s in the other calibers.

Also all gen4’s and gen5’s come with 3 mags and the gen3’s come with 2 mags.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Well, majority of law enforcement agencies are making the change to Gen 5 due to officers scoring better during qualifications. FBI has published their reports on their testing they've done as far as accuracy goes. If California updated their roster and allowed Gen 5 to be imported for sale in the state to civilians, I'd bet my bottom dollar that the discontinuation of Gen 3 wouldn't be far behind that.
I would be interested in the data that says Law Enforcement is shifting to Generation 5. Most that I am aware of and that are featured in the Glock Annual have adopted Generation 3 and Generation 4.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
So Glock discontinues the G35 in Gen 4 (outside of LE) but doesn't yet have a Gen 5 to replace it.

I would think they would at least still offer the G35.4. Not like they wouldn't be able to sell it and a new G35 is next to impossible to find as a result.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
So Glock discontinues the G35 in Gen 4 (outside of LE) but doesn't yet have a Gen 5 to replace it.

I would think they would at least still offer the G35.4. Not like they wouldn't be able to sell it and a new G35 is next to impossible to find as a result.
The Gen5 35 is coming. Some websites have info for it. I emailed Glock and they said no ETA on arrival.

Glock 35 Gen 5 MOS FS 10 RD 40 S&W Pistol

Product #: 135782 Condition: Factory New MPN: PA353S101MOS UPC: 764503044137

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
The security holster issue is significant for LE agencies, as holsters are a significant expenditure. The ambi slide stop causes a problem with older holsters.

Gen4 represents a lineal connection to earlier generations of GLOCK handguns, and many LE agencies have legacy inventories of pistols and spare parts. Hence, they may wish to continue with Gen4 until most of their existing inventory his the seven year point (when night sights get dim, mags get tired, and pins and springs need replacement).

GLOCK offers a great LE agency trade-in program (roughly two old guns for one new gun). Gen5 has matured as a product in 9mm, and I’d feel comfortable transitioning at this point. Unfortunately, I received one of my new agency’s last Gen4 G19 pistols. I also retired from my LE career with a Gen4 G19. So, that’s where am for the foreseeable future. It isn’t a bad place to be at all, as Gen4 is well-proven, and has the benefits of the dual RSA. With Ameriglo Trooper sights, “M” backstrap, Pearce Frame Plug, and Glock OEM Extended Slide Stop Lever installed, the gun IS “perfect”. I just acquired a silver-slide G48, so I at least own a Gen5 Glock

I’m anxiously awaiting a Gen5 Glock 41. My G41.4 is perfectly good already, but I’d love a further-improved factory trigger and the “marksman” barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Talk

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Looks like someone did it for him. Helping is one thing but enabling just encourages getting someone else to do his work There's very little in the world that can't be found with a little research....but you and I know that.
*How about : Better feeling stock trigger , more accurate barrel and better slide finish are the only things attractive to me about a Gen 5 (except G19 Gen 5 as G19 Gen 4 finger grooves don't fit me) . Otherwise , I would prefer to see the Gen 4 series stay in the Glock line up ... No worries , I will find what I want in the way of Gen 4 series used if new is not available in a store . Lastly , topic was a good conversation starter (if nothing else) .

·
Registered
304 Posts
Weird. Trying to boost Gen 5 sales I bet. And/or they just don't want to produce many Gen 4s now.

Haven't you always been able to buy blue label Glocks, depending on the dealer?
That’s a possibility though every dealer I know of asks for credentials for the blue label Glocks at blue label price. I know of dealers that sold blue label pistols at regular price to non-qualifyied buyers because they were sold out of the regular label model. Also know a ton of guys who buy them blue label and sell them NIB for a good deal but they’re making money on the transaction.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I’m anxiously awaiting a Gen5 Glock 41. My G41.4 is perfectly good already, but I’d love a further-improved factory trigger and the “marksman” barrel.
Sent from my iPhone using Glock Talk
Exactly! Want to get the Glock 41 but I would like to know if and when they will make it.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts