Why don't we like Mccain?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by mrdann, Sep 2, 2018.

1. mrdann

mrdann

Somebody help me out. I know we hate him, but why? Please, informed logical listing of facts only.

Thanks...

2. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

If you don't know why, then why do you hate him?

army_eod, LV3, Fred Hansen and 11 others like this.

3. Will Beararms

Will Beararms Millennium Member

He was an war hero for sure. He paid the price for our freedom and deserves credit for it. It’s not so much that I like or dislike any career politician. It is that they become consumed with power and are a danger to our Republc. He falls in the same category as any Senator or ahouse member who has been there more than two terms. McCain’s voting against the repeal of ObamaCare was dastardly.

4. plp

plp

Never hated him, but never got the whole 'maverick' spin doctoring from the media.

Supposedly it was a big deal that he and Joe Leiberman were 'reach across the aisle' types, supposedly moderates in their respective parties, when in fact McCain was the leader of the Rino party and Leiberman was just window dressing.

McCain had his faults, but the man wore the uniform and deserves all the respect that goes with that. RIP and Godspeed.

5. F106 Fan

F106 Fan

I respect John McCain for where he's been and what he's done. There is no taking that away from him. It's a really big deal!

However, (and there's always a 'however'), it seemed to me that he was in favor of our getting involved with every military adventure on the planet. Maybe I got it wrong but he always seemed to be the ultimate 'hawk'. Considering his captivity and such, you would have thought he would have toned it down a bit.

But I can't get away from where he's been and what he's done.

Wolfie38S and D-Ric902 like this.
  6. Will Beararms

Will Beararms Millennium Member

The Demopublican Oligarchy is furious we the people chose an outsider for president that they cannot manipulate. McCain was a part of this syndicate. He was spiteful. The best thing to do is to ignore his family and understand they are grieving.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  7. mmcbeat

mmcbeat

8. AdobeGlock

AdobeGlock

I believe every fine Republican I've looked up to over the years would have never treated his death with the juvenile glee that we've witnessed.

9. The_Dan

The_Dan The underscore is silent

I admire his service.

I don’t admire any modern politician. It’s all partisan games and double talk and unfortunately he was no different. Even as he neared the end he made sure to throw rocks at Trump because bitterness and ego were too strong to deny. He was seemingly so offended by Trump and his lack of decorum but he showed that he is the same as the rest of them.

LV3, lawandorder, Dr. Bill and 4 others like this.
  10. Binge&Purge

Binge&Purge Making B&P Great Again

After he lost to GWB in the primary, he had a meeting with democrat leaders at one of his mansions in Arizona to discuss switching parties. The Senate was split and McCain changing parties would have given the majority to the Democrats. McCain was negotiating chairmanships, seniority privileges, etc., when Jim Jeffords beat him to it. After Jeffords changed parties, McCain didn't have leverage, so he stayed in the Republican party where he could do the most damage.

Footnote: After Jeffords changed parties, the Republicans picked up enough seats to take the majority back. Jeffords tried to negotiate another party change and was rebuked by republicans.

The Vietnamese propaganda tapes don't help, but a traitor is a traitor, whether they are betraying their nation, the US Navy, fellow servicemen, or a political party.

11. powernoodle

powernoodle

"McCain made a career of advancing the Democratic Party agenda, with the media praising him all the way. He pushed for restrictions on campaign speech, teaming up with Democrat Senator Russ Feingold (D-Wis.) Another time, he worked with Senator Edward Kennedy (D-Mass.), on a bill to grant amnesty to illegal aliens. When the Bush tax cuts passed in 2001, McCain was one of only two Republicans to oppose them. The media loved him for it.

After Jim Jeffords left the Republican Party, giving control of the Senate to the Democrats, it was John McCain who defended him. McCain was so beloved by the Democratic Party that in 2004, it was rumored that Democratic Party presidential nominee John Kerry might even pick him as his running mate. McCain wanted to pick a Democrat (Senator Joe Lieberman) as his own running mate in 2008, but finally tapped Alaska Governor Sarah Palin. (That candidacy proved that the media’s respect for a “strong woman” applies only for liberal women.)"

More:

https://www.thenewamerican.com/usne...s-john-mccain-the-media-s-favorite-republican

12. ziggy2525

ziggy2525

For me, I feel the same about McCain as I did about Bob Kerry (the Navy Seal/Senator/MOH awardee). Heroic guys. Their bravery and patriotism isn't in question. They were just really horrible politicians.

Fred Hansen, ILeft, Sdasaro and 2 others like this.
  13. 686 AR15 G17Fan

686 AR15 G17Fan

Who doesn't like McCain ? I adore him. He's doing more for the country now than he has in a long long time. Hope he keeps up the good work.

Biggsly, ZekerMan, NoStress and 5 others like this.
  14. Scotsman

Scotsman Unauthorized Green Beans

To expand on Powernoodle's post...

Left his first wife after her accident that left her a, "not hottie"...
    https://people.com/politics/john-mccain-daughter-sidney-first-wife-discuss-divorce/

Involved in the Keating 5 scandal...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keating_Five

Possible cover up of remaining POW's in Vietnam...
    https://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/mccain-and-the-pow-cover-up/

Involved with the IRS Targeting Scandal...
    https://www.judicialwatch.org/press...s-to-engage-in-financially-ruinous-targeting/

Told Americans to stop listening to, "bombastic loudmouths", ie conservative talk show hosts...
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...dmouths/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.d02365896f60

Oh, forgot about his deciding vote that left us with Obamacare, after promising to repeal it.

How much more do people need before they stop canonizing Saint McCain?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  15. refugeepj

refugeepj

neither loved nor hated the man.
    did NOT appreciate all of his political leanings.
    respect his service.
    not my place to judge him personally. that has already happened, and was done by the Ultimate Judge.
    when all is said and done, he put on his pants one leg at a time.
    time marches on.

16. BOOSTED12A

BOOSTED12A

In the 90s he wasn't bad .Helped a buddy of mine get his orders pushed back when his wife was near death. Over the years he did get consumed by power and go off the reservation.

17. sciolist

sciolist On the Border

Seems like his politics and his military service are 2 separate things.

18. Colt M-4

Colt M-4 AK-74 Silver Member

I posted a little of my family history on another post that was closed on him already here.So no need to repeat all that again.

Take out his flyboy status Nam service. And tell me his history again and what you have left. Just do that one thing. How much would be repeated if that was removed. Many thousands of vets did way more and never got a ounce of accolades.

So lets have a open mind for once take out the Nam service/

And repeat what was all that great stuff he did again.

At least now he is Permanently Grounded. When the Wifes Uncle got out after 2.5 years of a POW, he got a sandwich. And when Korea came around he enlisted again.
    When he passed he told me i did what was right. And did not expect any awards, And wanted to be left alone.

I am done with the MCCAIN SAGA of true man magazine.
    It is all on record. so read up and be informed.

Got shot down tough luck.Survived it... Great.
    and went from P.O.W. which should be honored, To P.O.S. in fifty years. TRUE HARD FACT.
    If it was not i would be giving him a salute and a fond farewell. RON K 6a00d8341bfadb53ef01156e5a8915970c.jpg

19. mrdann

mrdann

Decent answers so far. I'm TRYING to get educated. I don't like speaking aloud about things I don't understand. People here talk about pissing on his grave and call him a traitor. My wife is sad that "such a great American" has died. I don't think it's a great loss but I can't list all the reasons why off the top of my head. Is there a "list of grievances" somewhere?

Thanks...

20. 686 AR15 G17Fan

686 AR15 G17Fan

21. catman71

catman71 Spewer of TROOF

I used to like him.

Then I paid enough attention to see his "beliefs" change depending on when, where he was and who he was taking to.

From immigration (especially)
    To Obamacare
    To exploiting Sara Palin and kind of treating her like crap, I lost all respect for the man

I don't like flip flopping but I attribute some of his liberalism on cancer. You can't be logical or patriotic while a disease raveges your brain