close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Why Doesn't "Subscribe to Forum" Work?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by AggiePhil, Jan 6, 2005.

1. AggiePhil

AggiePhil ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I've clicked on "Subscribe to this Forum" several times for low-activity areas that I don't check very often, but I NEVER get subscription emails saying that someone has posted a new thread to that forum. I ONLY get email notifications for individual threads that I subcribe to on an individual basis. What's up with that? Does Subscribe to this Forum do anything? ;g

2. Glockman67

Glockman67 #29 Supporter

"Subscribe to this forum" is a function that allows said forum to be added to your User Control Panel. When first accessing www.glocktalk.com, click on User CP and it will take you directly to your PM's and all the forums that you subscribing, thus eliminating the need to scroll down eleventy zillion clicks to get to the forums that interest you.

gman67

3. SlammedDime

SlammedDime G23 Member

Yea, you don't get subscription emails to forum's you subscribe to, only threads. the subscription to forums is something that is only allowed to be setup by admins for certain users, like the mod team.

4. AggiePhil

AggiePhil ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Well that's kind of lame. I thought it'd be a more useful feature than that.

5. Patricia

Patricia Wild at heart CLM Millennium Member

Huh? Read this:

6. Patricia

Patricia Wild at heart CLM Millennium Member

If you use the User CP function, it can be quite useful. If you want emails, subscribe to individual threads.

7. SlammedDime

SlammedDime G23 Member

Go into your adminCP and take a look at the Forum creation and editing options and for each forum you go into to edit, whether its a category or forum, there should be two boxes... one for Notify on New post, and Notify on New thread, where you can enter email address, comma delimited, to notify a certain email addy for the respective feature. :) It might not say exacty notify on new XXXXX, but its been so long since i've admin'd a vb2 forum that I don't remember.