Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My glock used to come apart normally. After firing it at the range today with my new storm lake barrel, the slide now required me to run the slide until it bound and then pull the trigger while pushing forward. The normal dryfire and slide her off only works half the time now. This happens with either barrel. The gun is stock.

Any thoughts on the issue here? Thanks.

·
Banned
466 Posts
Remove non Glock after market out of spec parts. That's my advice.

·
20,420 Posts
Have you installed a stock NY1 trigger spring?

·
Howdy Y'all!
498 Posts
Perhaps a cleaning of the entire trigger bar and trigger mechanism housing would help?

Oh, what about the recoil spring? Have you tried replacing it?

3rd thought, could the slide stop be installed incorrectly?

·
MacGyver
7,598 Posts
What does "run the slide until it bound" mean?

This never happened until you changed out the barrel and fired a few rounds, right? You are not having issues shooting, like FTRB? How often did you remove the slide before with the stock barrel?

Try to figure out where it is binding. Look at the lower to see if anything is chipped, loose, or bent. Make sure that your recoil rod-spring is correctly seated each time, before you put the slide on, then take it off-- see if that makes a difference. Coil spring not seated is the most common cause.

Weird.

·
Registered
466 Posts
hope this makes sense......

when you are stripping it, after you release slide and move it forward an inch or two, turn gun upside down and push recoil spring down(towards slide) with your thumb to seat the spring down into recess on barrel a little more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts