close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Why Do You Think Glocks Are Disliked/Hated On

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by TSAX, Apr 19, 2012.

1. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

From your experience why do people or why do you think people dislike/hate on Glocks. What have you heard or if you dislike Glock why?

:50cal:

2. Bruce M

Bruce M

If someone had extensive experience with 1911's I could see how someone might not be completely thrilled with a Glock trigger.

3. MadMonkey

MadMonkey Spershul Furces

They aren't 1911s.

4. ChicagoZman

ChicagoZman

For someone acclimated to steel guns with a 1911 grip angle, the Glock feels like a cheap toy that points at the ceiling instead of the target.

5. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member Silver Member

Like "they" say: the pack-dogs are always nipping at the heels (and looking at the rear end) of the lead dog! :supergrin: Makes 'em jealous....

6. barth

barth six barrels

If you grew up on steel SA and DA/SA guns
    a Glock can feel like a plastic staple gun.
    Although I shot, and shot well, an early G19.
    It still took me 20+ years to finally warm up and buy a Glock.

7. LibertyPatriot

LibertyPatriot

Most dis on them because they've never owned one.

8. valvestem

valvestem

When younger, I had S&W, Dan Wesson & Ruger wheel guns. I also had S&W, Taurus 9mm's, and a M1911 .45. I recently sold all those, and bought a Glock 17 Gen 3. I had my fun with all the other firearms, sold 'em to younger men so they could have fun, and bought what will probably be my last new gun, so I wanted something different, and all the LEO's I knew/know who carry Glocks can't be all wrong.

9. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

everyone hates the prettier girl :whistling:

10. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

I'd have to say the girl that gets the most attention and sometimes its not the prettiest, sometimes its the woman that have other great "assets" that are the main focus :supergrin:

:50cal:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  11. MO Fugga

MO Fugga Malt Liqra® Lifetime Member

Cuz they're ugly! :assbag:

12. Apprentice

Apprentice

Top dog. King of the hill. Gotta hate that guy. Gotta try and knock him off. But if you wanna be the champ, you gotta beat the champ. There is competition but the title fight hasn't been scheduled yet. But it'll probably happen someday.

The story of Glock changing the universe of pistol marketing and LE contracts is quite amazing.

13. jb1911

jb1911

14. Apprentice

Apprentice

And yet they are like industrial tools. I think it's their economy, their raw and crude but efficient functionality and the power of art/culture.

And then there is their Teutonic confidence. Glock don't fit you? Glock-badger don't care. Learn it. ;)

15. mrsurfboard

mrsurfboard The Anti-Glock

Grip ergonomics are the main reason I dislike Glocks. The rest of the design is great.

16. 257 roberts

257 roberts

I didn't like them at first but I'm old school, I didn't like going from revolver to the semi-auto as an LEO but I got used to the S&W 59,659,and then a Sig 220 but i was not going to carrying a plastic gun BUT I got used to them and they are/have been the most reliable handgun I've ever used or seen
    I have never had an issue with my Glocks(I have a 26,19,23 and a 30 and have owned the 17 and a 21 in the past!!!!

17. chrisbritt15

chrisbritt15

probably the bigest thing i would say would be ergonomics of the grip, not much else you can complain about, its hard to beat "PERFECTION":rofl::rofl:

18. dooga

dooga 5 year in with Glocks

Something that cheap, intelligent, and brutalist should not shoot so well, reliably, and for so many years, right?

The only reason there are 100 year old 1911s is because they're more curated art piece than daily ride.

Yeah, envy. People will never admit that they're superior to SIGs in every way.

People only like AKs because they're reliable but not accurate. Glocks, even the wee 26, are accurate and hardy.

19. fortyofforty

fortyofforty

I suppose many people feel they don't have any cachet. They are inexpensive, ubiquitous, and plain. Yet I find them quite attractive, as form follows function. My favorites are the midsize Compact models.

20. DANGELO

DANGELO

Having split my formative years between yuppieville NY (suburbs on the island) and the ghetto near the south bronx, I can state plainly that the media is to blame to some extent. Bad guys carried the mean black plastic guns, cops had old wheel guns, and military had 1911's.

Being a son of an Army Vet, I wanted - SO BADLY - to own just one gun, that being a 1911. I looked upon Glocks with an air of odd detest: BG-GUN.

Now I have had around 20 Glocks, and only 1/2 dozen 1911's since my permit in 2000. What does THAT tell you!?!