close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Why do people make it so easy?

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by trdvet, Jan 28, 2010.

1. trdvet

trdvet

So I'm doing my nightly rounds on my off duty gig (tonight 1am). Walking around the parking lot messing around with my two new flashlights and checking the area. I come upon a car with the dome light on...hmmmmmm. No one inside of it, appears clean but wait....what's that??

An iphone with cord in plain view in the center console with the dome light shining right on it. As if God was shining a divine light and commanding criminals to bust the glass and take the phone.

Run the plate but the address isn't where I was so no knocking on any door. Maybe I should have written what I can for day shift and left it ready for them on the windshield?

This is the kind of call you get when you say, "finally I can go to xyz and do some proactive stuff." But then you get this, some goof begging to get ripped off takes valuable time.

Oh well.

2. Gangrel

Gangrel

I love driving through the neighborhoods and seeing how many people left their GPS screens on.

3. The Hawk

The Hawk

People are stupid. I found this out many years ago. Not a day goes by that I don't see proof of this still being true.

4. Ragin Cajun

Ragin Cajun

Stupidity rules SUPREME!!!

Most of our calls so go back to stupidity.

RC

5. ctaggart

ctaggart

To quote Gunnery Sgt. Hartman, "If it wasn't for ********s like you, there wouldn't be any thievery in this world, would there?"

6. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

I love seeing purses or laptops in cars. The best are the cars that are left running with the keys in it... and a baby in the backseat. It's always the same thing... "Oh, I was just running in and getting something, wasn't going to take long."

Yeah, well... you're getting a ticket for leaving an unattended vehicle running. CA has a vehicle code against that to prevent stupidity like that.

The baby will get you child endangerment or negligence if I can make it stick... but the DA's are a bit lazy on that end.

7. madcitycop

madcitycop

Being out on injury and taking our non-dispatchable calls (too stupid to deserve a visit), the percentage of people I thought were stupid has tripled and it was at like 89% before. "Was your call locked?", "No". Well then its shocking to me that your phone, charger, ipod, gps, ipod dock, digital camera, and laptop were all taken while parked on the street.

8. Kadetklapp

Kadetklapp Methberry PD

Sometimes my stupid GPS will turn itself back on without even being plugged in....in my police car! Hate it.

9. Bushido5150

Bushido5150

I guard a church on Sundays. Its downtown and near a bunch of halfway houses, homeless shelters, and soup kitchens. Anyway all the people going to this church are pretty well off and completely oblivious to danger or securing their items.
    So I have a parking lot full of high-end cars with tons of fun electronic trinkets out in plan view, and tons of D-bags slinking around all night waiting for me to go away...

No matter how much I tell them to hide their stuff they never listen.