close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Why do I shoot my Glocks better than my H&K?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by TLHelmer, Jul 7, 2006.

1. TLHelmer

TLHelmer Millennium Member

I shot about 150 rounds through my P-2000 today. It took about 30 rounds before I got the POA correct to hit an 8" gong at 60 -65 yards consistently. 25 yards and in it is quick and good as a glock if not better. I noticed that it is more accurate than a glock shooting supported.

Is it the LEM or me?

2. Wales

Wales

trigger takes quite a bit of practice to master. Keep putting in trigger time and you'll be shooting it better than any glock in no time!
    ~Wales

3. Glock21Owner

Glock21Owner NRA Life Member

It happens. I shoot my friend's Kimber better than any pistol I own, including my S&W 1911

4. LGCubana

LGCubana Guns & Cigars

For me, it's the LEM (variant 2). My groups are much better with one of my Glocks If I shoot it after practicing with my P2000SK.

5. LSP972

LSP972

Agreed; except for the part about shooting it better than a Glock. Dunno about all that. If I get one (USPc), I'll most definitely do the trigger mods to reduce the pull weight and reset distance.

I was getting the hang of the .40 USPc during the second hundred rounds; but you definitely need some time to get accustomed it, espcially in stock form.

TL, you guys get all squared away with your G17s? I know that was a hassle; our first batch of P220s had defective hammer rebound springs. The whole lot had to go back to Sig; took months...

6. TLHelmer

Our G-17 are functioning fine, but a lot of guys are not happy with the 9mm.

7. Clem Eastwood

Clem Eastwood

i would say that its a matter of getting used to the platform. whatever your used to (and like) is usually what shoots best. also getting the POI the same on 2 completely different pistols might take some time. not to mention that 60-65 yards is a pretty good range for any pistol.

8. wade farley

wade farley Sonic 357 sig

:cool: I can usually shoot with anything, but The LEM is a better system IMO! I had a G33 and I shot it okay, but my P2000sk with the LEM is the sweeter Pistol, in mt opinion! Have fun & stay safe!:supergrin:

9. TLHelmer

Thanks again for your thoughful responses.

10. Chowser

Chowser

I have no problems shooting my Glock 22, my HK USP Compact (LEM) and my HK P2000 (V3-DA/SA)

It's all trigger management,

with the LEM, you need to practice doing a smooth pull on the trigger, it's so light before it breaks, I used to tend to jerk the gun at the last second, that's probably why your point of aim is off. just use the same amount of pressure from beginning to end.

Someone once told me, if I pull the trigger to just before it breaks, aim, then finish pulling, I can put the bullet wherever I want it, and yes, it was true, but that's not the way I would try to shoot in a real life situation. target shooting for score, sure, but not when shooting a BG.

11. firecop019

firecop019

I've carried nothing but HK for the past 4 years working as a police officer. Switched to the compact about 3 years ago because it fit me better. I love that gun and don't want to give it up. However I moved to another department and was issued a G23. It's a nice gun and shoots good but I noticed it don't point the same. The grip angle must be different because I have to make take the effort to remember to grip down on the G23 w/ my last 2 fingers. I'm sure another couple 100 rounds and I'll have it down but for now, it stays at work and the HK goes home.

12. ShipWreck

ShipWreck Beretta 92 Nut!

EVeryone has there preferences - no problem w/ that. I like the P99 the best, myself...

13. LSP972

LSP972

No doubt; but it was either change caliber or spring for new leather and a transition program. That's what killed our attempted move to Glocks for general issue (the SWAT guys get G35s); Sig got wind of it, and offered to replace all our ten-year-old P220s, gun for gun, free. No administrator in his right mind would have passed that up.

I don't suppose your guys considered the .357 Sig cartridge? Water under the bridge, I know; the bean counters usually win...:frown:

14. TLHelmer

My understanding of the original serach was that the only caliber looked at was the .40S&W. Once we had leather for glocks 17/22/31 and we had problems the only replacement considered was the Glock 17.

Whether we like it or not we have G-17's and will have them for some time. I personally believe that I can take care of business with the G-17. I would have preferred a Glock 21, but I wasn't asked.

15. LSP972

LSP972

You bet.;) That's what I tote on the rare occasions I wear a uniform.

16. ronin_asano

ronin_asano

you are correct. glocks have a 110 degree grip angle. the hk angle is not that large.

17. TLHelmer

What does that mean for ergonomics?

18. LSP972

LSP972

It determines the way the piece sits in your hand. You're accustomed to Glocks now; if you're like most folks, when you pick up a pistol with a less-acute grip angle, you'll be pointing it high or low at first.

The Luger had/has the same issue.

19. ronin_asano

ronin_asano

exactly. when i sold my g32 and got my hk pistols, at first i thought they pointed funny. now when i shoot my friend's glock *it* points funny.

20. ronin_asano

ronin_asano

it should also mean recoil is more manageable because the bore axis is lower in your hand.