Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
261 - 279 of 279 Posts

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
It is what it is, and some folks seem to take exception to anyone feeling differently about something than themselves.
Yea, I noticed.
Also been reading the thread,,,H2H caught my attention. Was a fella (Willie) I knew long ago and far away that was a regular Bruce Lee,,,he was something like a 339th degree blackest belt lol Always making sure everyone else knew how deadly he was. Always tootin' his horn. Well,,some totally unimpressed guy shot him twice in the chest one night. Not sure if he used a snubbie or not. Willie didn't die but his Ninja Turtle daze were over.
In honor of Willie I post this short video ,,,

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Also been reading the thread,,,H2H caught my attention. Was a fella (Willie) I knew long ago and far away that was a regular Bruce Lee,,,he was something like a 339th degree blackest belt lol Always making sure everyone else knew how deadly he was. Always tootin' his horn. Well,,some totally unimpressed guy shot him twice in the chest one night. Not sure if he used a snubbie or not. Willie didn't die but his Ninja Turtle daze were over.
In honor of Willie I post this short video ,,,
You seem confused, frustrated or maybe just trolling…

Bruce Lee was a knowledgeable instructor for his time, but what you watched in his movies was for cinematic effect and entertainment, not a representation of what his students were taught. Lee was not a proven fighter in any real sense. He was only 5’7 and 125 lbs. Size isn’t everything, but it matters a great deal and that’s really tiny for a man.

Martial arts can mean many things. You seem like you’re unable to make the distinctions. For me, the art is simply an applied skill of combat/self-defenses methodogly. The term actually originated in Europe and could include learning to fight/use firearms for combat/self-protection, but most people generally think of the Asian systems or sport methods.

What do you think you learn in the military? Some super deadly secret fighting methodology? Where do you think Combatives systems are or come from? Marine Corp? Are you not aware of MCMAP? They even have belt ranks, although I agree belts are often as meaninglessness as certificates .

The video you posted is not of a kickboxer, not a Marine, it’s not even real, so I don’t get the point.

So, you knew some Bruce Lee wannabe who got shot. So what? Anybody can be killed given the right circumstances no matter their skill or background, Chris Kyle was the SEALiest Navy SEAL, but look what happened to him and who killed him.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Not trolling exactly ,,,I'll say it plain out....I'm just suspicious of anyone that compliments themselves on their greatness as you have. You have painted yourself as the mysterious 'Man With No Name' martial art great. Of course I'll be wrong ,,,I guarantee that..but I'm still suspicious.
Just suspicious ,,that's all. You won't like me,,and right back at you. That won't kill either of us.
BTW,,I'm not against martial arts,,,I loved the Ninja Turtles.

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
not a "pro" but I like my detective special . but carry a shield with second mag. 8 + 1 +8 .... but what do I know????

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Not trolling exactly ,,,I'll say it plain out....I'm just suspicious of anyone that compliments themselves on their greatness as you have. You have painted yourself as the mysterious 'Man With No Name' martial art great. Of course I'll be wrong ,,,I guarantee that..but I'm still suspicious.
Just suspicious ,,that's all. You won't like me,,and right back at you. That won't kill either of us.
BTW,,I'm not against martial arts,,,I loved the Ninja Turtles.
I’m not sure where I referred to myself as great, just that my methods were proven. That’s just my communication style and how I’m wired. I’m concerned with truth, facts and accuracy more than social graces. Maybe even blind to them at times. That’s ok, I’m in good company there, but it can rub some people the wrong way.

It’s good to be suspicious about somebody you really know nothing about. That’s my critique about how gun guys are selecting their ECQ instructors.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
I’m not sure where I referred to myself as great, just that my methods were proven. That’s just my communication style and how I’m wired. I’m concerned with truth, facts and accuracy more than social graces. Maybe even blind to them at times. That’s ok, I’m in good company there, but it can rub some people the wrong way.

It’s good to be suspicious about somebody you really know nothing about. That’s my critique about how gun guys are selecting their ECQ instructors.
Well I might have misjudged......I do that a lot. Being careful is just something I do. You have my apology. Now we can talk bout dem bad guys !

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
NOTHING! Clearly you don’t know nothin’

:)
wow, really ? I know what makes me feel comfortable , I like to do what I like . I don't follow trends or do what others do... and most important don't go talking junk about someone I don't know... is just my opinion and is ok that you feel that way, but is not ok to disrespect anyone.... with that said . GOD bless you and may you never find troubles in your path...

·
Registered
5,611 Posts
wow, really ? I know what makes me feel comfortable , I like to do what I like . I don't follow trends or do what others do... and most important don't go talking junk about someone I don't know... is just my opinion and is ok that you feel that way, but is not ok to disrespect anyone.... with that said . GOD bless you and may you never find troubles in your path...
easy fella. Just having some fun.

·
Registered
543 Posts
After 42 years policing. We carried with colt or sw snubs I. The early 70 s I had a cold det special for off duty and a colt cobra as a backup still own both of them . Hey that's what we had so we used them
Now we have blocks sigs glocks and we carried them still do we carried four or six inch s sw colts
And Rutgers Many of us are still here amazing huh Times change as a bike cop I carried a beretta 3032 cause it fits into th e bike shorts
Now retired I carry a glock 26 with g 19 spares. Now I am transitioning to a glock 48 with three. Mags

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
With the understanding there are always some replies in these threads I never see, there is nothing to be gained from having a whizzing match about who is or isn't a 'pro'. If you are/were one you know it and that's enough. If you aren't/weren't you know that too. No big deal either way.
It's just different life paths.

261 - 279 of 279 Posts