Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
I see lots of pin kits for sale for the Glock. I have always run stock, what is the advantage of aftermarket pin kits?
The little locking block pin is known to break so a titanium one would be best.

The factory trigger pin is very good in comparison to the stainless steel versions that tend to distort easily from empty slide drops.

The rear plastic pin just keeps the trigger housing from lifting up into the action and really is a good as it gets considering the ejection impact from the trigger housing.

The small locking block pin is the only questionable OEM pin.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I see lots of pin kits for sale for the Glock. I have always run stock, what is the advantage of aftermarket pin kits?
Bought chrome advertised as "stronger" for G27 when severe wear was seen on at least one original ... but when frame cracked after 6.5 years, so did one of these "powerful" pins. Of course Glock factory gorillas yanked out all no-stock items, some ruined but the two remaining chrome reinstalled are not broken yet.
I will not buy non-stock pins UNTIL lab reports proves they are superior strength and besides, if stock Glock (sights excepted, perhaps trigger) feels like it needs "improvements", then maybe a competitor has something to offer a better match ... that doesn't waste SO much time/money/frustration tinkering with it
If only there was a Mod.2 45 back in 2010, this G27 purchase would never have happened

·
Meat Puppet
127 Posts
I always figured it was to help Lenny Magill keep a roof over his head. Why else would you pay such ridiculous prices to replace a perfectly good part?

Reminds me of the "battle worn finish" crowd.
Why buy something brand new, just to try and make it look super-old?

Reactions: dudel and 10or45

·
Registered
618 Posts
Glock has been around 36 years with unparalleled success and unbelievable reliability. People always want to tinker with the mechanics of everything i.e. cars. Then when something doesn't work right after putting non OEM parts in their project they want to complain it's not working. Same goes with the pins. There's a reason Glock uses those pins and those pins only. Look at a Glock frame during firing. There's a natural flex to the frame and was designed accordingly. Pins that are non OEM will not allow frame to flex as designed, therefore can have a affect on elongating the pinholes over time, such as shooting +P or +P+ ammo. leave the pins OEM. I have a 1999 Glock 19 with 202,000 rounds. I replace the pins every 15,000 and springs every 5,000. Guess what? Flawless operation. Aftermarket springs, pins and so forth can interfere with designed operation. Leave a Glock a Glock and will outlast your lifetime. Start replacing with NON OEM, and you no longer have a Glock..........

·
Registered
8 Posts
I will get crucified for this.....

The pin kits are strictly cosmetic. I own more glocks than i want to talk about, most of them have been modified with pin kits and back plates. My favorite backplate is smile wait for flash....

My carry gun is a G43 and G19.

Knock wood, i have never had a problem. If i did i could fix it on my own as i have taken all of the Glock Armorer courses.

Just my opinion. Lets see how many people rip me a new one.....

·
Registered
136 Posts
I always figured it was to help Lenny Magill keep a roof over his head. Why else would you pay such ridiculous prices to replace a perfectly good part?

Reminds me of the "battle worn finish" crowd.
Why buy something brand new, just to try and make it look super-old?
Yeah, kind of like buying new jeans with rips and tears already in them.

Reactions: refugeepj

·
Registered
451 Posts
Any and all non-oem Glock parts will make your gun completely unreliable.

There are absolutely NO exceptions to this rule and you SHALL NOT modify your Glock.

Your warranty will be voided, and if you ever have to use your Glock in self defense, you will be promptly persecuted AND prosecuted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I put a Taran Grand Master trigger kit in my Gen 3 22. It came with a stainless trigger housing pin, so I used it. I'm not sure if they provided it for a functional reason or if it is just cosmetic, but I'm happy with the trigger so I'll just trust they know what they are doing.

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
Since you've apparently never experienced a female adorned with the above attributes, your statement above is akin to you reporting that a SIG P320 is garbage without having personally experienced one...
Some of us would not want a wench like that.

You can keep your tattooed up ho s too,
we all have different standards and some
of us have no standards, blue states.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts