Debate Why Didn't The Bible End At Acts 1:9?

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by JBnTX, Jun 21, 2017.

1. inthefrey

inthefrey Moved on...

There are a few....

2. Lone Wolf8634

Lone Wolf8634 :):

Not really but thanks for the concern.

3. Brasso

Brasso Millennium Member

Jer_50:6 “My people have been wandering sheep. Their shepherds have led them astray, turning them away on the mountains. They have gone from mountain to hill, they have forgotten their resting place.

Mat_15:24 And He answering, said, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Yisra’ěl.

I think you are confused about who Israel is. God has never made a covenant with gentiles.

Eph 2:11 Therefore remember that you, once nations in the flesh, who are called ‘the uncircumcision’ by what is called ‘the circumcision’ made in the flesh by hands,
    Eph 2:12 that at that time you were without Messiah, excluded from the citizenship of Yisra’ěl and strangers from the covenants (plural) of promise, having no expectation and without Elohim in the world.
    Eph 2:13 But now in Messiah יהושע you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of the Messiah.
    Eph 2:19 So then you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens of the set-apart ones and members of the household of Elohim

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  4. Vic Hays

Vic Hays

JB thinks that Paul only preached the gospel to the Gentiles. So much for believing the Bible.

Romans 10:12-13 KJV
    [12] For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. [13] For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

5. Brasso

Brasso Millennium Member

1Co 10:1 For I do not wish you to be ignorant, brothers, that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea,
    1Co 10:2 and all were immersed into Mosheh in the cloud and in the sea,
    1Co 10:3 and all ate the same spiritual food,
    1Co 10:4 and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed, and the Rock was Messiah.

6. Deltic

Deltic

Did they make you read the song of Solomon?

7. RichardB

RichardB Matthew 25:31-46

Why does one find in my KJV after Acts 1:9 dozens of references to the Apostles teaching in the Temple or Synagogues? I doubt that there would be many gentiles standing by there to listen to some devout Jews (the Apostles) talk the message of Jesus. Reads to me that the message to the Jews was still alive after the leaving Earth. In Acts chapter 2 it is noted there were Jews from every nation standing by at Pentecost.

Vic Hays likes this.
  8. neon

neon

I just read it today.

It is a story of courtship between this maiden of northern Palestine, of Galilee, with this unspoiled maiden coming finally to Jerusalem and then staying at Jerusalem, and recalling the courtship that Solomon has for her. She gets lonesome for her native country of the north, and finally Solomon allows her to go back. As far as we know Solomon does not meet her any more, yet she is and was one of his wives, and one that he loved very much. But she did not like all of the concubines around, all of the other wives that he had, and she just wanted to be his and his only.

Solomon apparently could not go along with that. He wanted his other women. But he did say in Ecclesiastes 7:28 that he had not found one out of a thousand of his wives that were worth anything, with the exception probably of this one woman here who had enough sense to go on back home, and to say to her little sister, learn from my experience, and a little later on you will have courtship when you grow up.

Molly:)

+++
    Daniel 11:24
    He shall enter peaceably even upon the fattest places of the province; and he shall do that which his fathers have not done, nor his father's fathers; he shall scatter among them the prey, and spoil, and riches: yea, and he shall forecast his devices against the strong holds, even for a time.

9. Vic Hays

Vic Hays

JBnTX does not want to believe that dispensationalism is seriously flawed and does not represent the Bible at all.

10. Sarge1400

Sarge1400

Wow, another cut and paste. Are you incapable of expressing an original intelligent thought?

TimC likes this.
  11. Brasso

Brasso Millennium Member

The Song of Songs is about Messiah coming for his bride.

12. neon

neon

That came from my Study Bible. If I were capable of expressing intelligent thought I would be working as a writer.

upload_2017-6-28_13-11-34.jpeg

+++
    Hosea 5:15
    I will go and return to my place, till they acknowledge their offense, and seek my face: in their affliction they will seek me early.

13. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

You two had better get busy on that ark.

14. neon

neon

An Ark won't do any good since fire is what will end the world.

2 Corinthians 4:4 - In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Matthew 24:29 - Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

upload_2017-6-28_14-4-32.jpeg

+++
    Hosea 10:12
    Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the LORD, till he come and rain righteousness upon you.

15. Sarge1400

Sarge1400

You needn't be a writer to express intelligent thoughts.

Are you capable of independent, intelligent thoughts, and just unable to express them? Or is thinking for yourself just not something you're good at? Not trying to be a wise-ass here, I'm genuinely interested.

16. RichardB

RichardB Matthew 25:31-46

With already written stuff it is easier to cut and paste than to try to paraphrase a well written document. Of one is a crappy typist such as I am it encourages the exchange of ideas simply because most of us share similiar opinions to other people. If they have it written better, well then!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

17. Lone Wolf8634

Lone Wolf8634 :):

The problem arises when what you cut and paste is neither intelligent nor well written. In Molly's case, she's fond of quoting AIG and other such nonsense that is ridiculously easy to dispute and notoriously hard to defend. She doesn't understand half of what she posts and is, therefore, unable to defend it in any coherent way. She simply skips ahead to the next false statement or some quote from the Bible that may, or may not, have any bearing on the discussion.

It's her MO and we're quite used to it at this point.

Sarge1400 likes this.