close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Why did i pick the Blue one...

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by EL_NinO619, Apr 23, 2011.

1. EL_NinO619

EL_NinO619 EX-Swage Monkey

So i received my new Dillon eliminator scale today. Well i think there may be a problem. When i zero it out, there is only a 16th of a inch left to the table. So that leaves only enough for the arrow to go slightly past the zero line. Now this may work but i air on the side of caution and could see a problem with this. Why i went with Dillon, well it was cheaper. Looks like i will be finding out about there NO B.S program...:dunno: Besides that it looks like a awesome scale, it even has a little more weight to it than the RCBS 505..

For got to mention its the screw in the pan support assembly, if i back it out the pan does not seat properly..

2. nothing

nothing Advertisement

Is your bench level?

3. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

So what exactly did you do? You never take the screw off the pan assemble. It's loaded with shot to zero it properly. The only adjustment is with the foot under the pointer. If the table is level it will work. Otherwise call them and they will fix it for you. You should have read the directions.

4. PCJim

PCJim Senior Member

There should be ample room under the pan holder to allow the pointer to rise to the top of the indicator scale. If your bench is level and the pan hanger is hitting (or almost hitting) the benchtop when you zero the scale using the elevation foot, you have either 1) too much weight inside the pan holder, or 2) a bent hanger rod.

5. WiskyT

WiskyT Malcontent

Adjust the amount of shot in the pan holder. At least that's how you do it on the Ohaus scales I'm familiar with.

6. EL_NinO619

Steve I know how to use a scale. I did not touch anything until I noticed the problem. My bench is level, and yes I checked it with a level. I dont have another pan holder from a dillon scale but to the 505 its a different shape. I got it from grafs and they are always sold out then have one in stock, im starting to believe that they sell out and keep getting this ONE returned and the guy who does recieving believes its fine because it looks good until you level..well thats just my crazy thinking anyways. But I really hope Dillon will just send another hanger so I wont have to go through the hassle of returning...shiuld have got the hornady:rofl:

7. EL_NinO619

And I did read instuctions before I even unpacked the scale..first time ever..

8. PCJim

PCJim Senior Member

A single hanger could get bent quite easily by the USPS. Just bend your hanger rod a little bit. Darn, if I was there, I'd send you to the liquor cabinet to refill my Glenmorangie and I'd bend it myself. Geez, lookie here, I fixed it... :cool:

9. EL_NinO619

Things should work out of box...plus its packed very well, would not be possiavle to bend hanget without breaking something else first

10. EL_NinO619

So here is the beautiful scale. Pic 2 is the scale zeroed out, pic three is showing the highest point possible. Before I do any mods i will call Dillon Monday and see what they say.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
  11. labdwakin

labdwakin

Justin... ya just need to remove shot from the hanger dish equal to the weight of your powder pan, man.

12. WiskyT

WiskyT Malcontent

Just move it all the way to the right of the bench:rofl:

13. dudel

dudel

Just hold the end with the needle up about 1/4 inch. Keep it steady while weighing. <G>

14. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

Just bend the holder up a little. It probably bent some going in or coming out for the box. It's not a big deal.

15. shotgunred

shotgunred local trouble maker

The dark side of the force is strong luke. You must resist.

16. hoffy

hoffy

When I was in college the first time I was working at a gun shop and bought a 1010 RCBS for 65$ (a long long time ago) and checked the brass weight, and a few assorted bullets and pieces of metal with an analytical scale at the chemistry lab, not one used by students, but one used by a PhD. doing research, and the brass weight was very close(within the decimal range stamped on it) and I still have the other pieces I keep in a sealed container, to check my scale over the years. An older pharmacy should have a good scale or balance, new ones now days-who knows. Waaay better than spending $ on a scale check weight set...... good luck

17. PCJim

PCJim Senior Member

Actually, that wouldn't help his situation. If his pan is heavy, it will hit the benchtop without giving an accurate weight indication.

Justin, look at the bottom of the pan side of the scale body. Is it possible that maybe it was designed to have some rubber feet that may be missing? If so, this would have provided the necessary extra clearance.

18. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Paint it red or green... that'll fix it.

Jack

19. cole

cole Millennium Member

This.:goodpost:

20. WiskyT

WiskyT Malcontent

I don't think they put rubber feet on something as precise as a scale.

The lead shot in the pan holder thingy is for gross zero adjustment. His zero is grossly out of adjustment, or the Earth's gravitaional field is being effected by his neighbor's oscillation overthruster.