Why did I not hear about this in the U.S. Press

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Glock-O-Rican, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Glock-O-Rican

Glock-O-Rican

2. janice6

janice6

Tunnels are only good if you have free access in and out of them. Otherwise, they are a bad place to die in.

My concern is that our president wouldn't strike them, not that our government doesn't know where they are. Satellites/tracks/traitors and all.

mj9mm likes this.

3. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Bigfoot enthusiast enthusiast

I heard about in on NPR

4. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

Guess you don't look at US news? It was on CNN, Yahoo News, Daily Beast, Washington Post, etc. .........

5. Glock-O-Rican

Glock-O-Rican

Israel is the intended target, Isreal will I am sure see to it there is a tunnel accident.

mj9mm and janice6 like this.
  6. WT

WT Millennium Member

This has been discussed in USNI PROCEEDINGS. Iran has been building these tunnels for years. Most of them are in the south near the Persian Gulf. The intent is to sink any amphibious invasion fleet that enters the Gulf.

They have studied Corregidor and Gibraltar quite extensively. They have learned a lot from the North Koreans. It ain't gonna' be easy to find each tunnel entrance and knock them out.

Get rid of the idea that foreigners are dumb, witless, idiots. Underestimating one's enemy can get one seriously killed.

7. MulletLoad

MulletLoad

I suspect the NRO has the license plates of every dump truck that hauled a load out of each tunnel site for the thousands of trips needed to move the rock and dirt along with the GPS coordinates to every entry.

Really cool idea, almost like an unknown space launch facility hidden under a fake volcano lake.

8. elsolo

elsolo

When speaking of US news, more people get it from network TV than anywhere else. ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX (not fox news).

Those major outlets have been completely devoid of any news for the last several years. Just the "distraction of the day" masquerading as news.

9. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Tunnels? So 1950s. Don't even need a nuke to take it out FCOL.

That story is for Iranian homeland consumption to make them feel better.

10. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Bigfoot enthusiast enthusiast

The highest rated show on Fox News has 2% of the ratings that the Big 3 Networks get for their nightly news programs

11. MajJamesMcFarlane

MajJamesMcFarlane

Not really news, this is the Soviet strategy. The Soviets knew they could never beat the US in a conventional war in Europe so they shifted resources from building tanks to building missiles, mobile ICBM launch vehicles and subs. We have more aircraft on a single carrier than the Iranians have in their entire air force so they know they will never come out on top of a US strike. On the other hand the biggest reason we never invaded Iran under Bush was because it wouldn't have been the cakewalk that Iraq was.

The Iranians have seen the writing on the wall for a lot longer than we have which is why they have all kinds of crazy defenses. The most serious threat would be anti-ship missiles on the coast and small boat attacks. The Iranians literally invented the tactic of strapping explosives to a 13 year old Basiji boy and having him run and dive under a tank before he detonates himself. It's fun to sing "bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran" but once you get down to brass tax and start talking to the Generals about logistics you realize that we will probably lose 10,000 troops in the first month of the war.

It's one thing if we do this defending Boston from a Canadian invasion but we are talking about a country and regions that most Americans can't find on a labeled globe. As a dad I'm moving my family anywhere but here if we decide that drafting our youth to fight Iran is a good idea.

12. mj9mm

mj9mm

Thr Prez has this all under control!!

13. Glock-O-Rican

Glock-O-Rican

Honestly if you want NEWS read the UK Mail, or Telegraph.

14. P99er

P99er GT Ombudsman

My bet is Israel knows exactly where they are, and Iran has very little chance of actually getting them out and setup to fire.

15. Glock-O-Rican

Glock-O-Rican

Well I am not being against your bet. HAHA