close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Why did Glock make the 37 so wide?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by rsilvers, May 8, 2004.

1. rsilvers

rsilvers Guest

The Glock 30 is the thickest Glock. The Glock 36 is the thinnest. Both are .45.

So one would think that the new Glock 37 would be as thin as a Glock 36. But no! Why not!?!?!?

Also note that the grip on the Glock 36 is not hard to grasp for even people with small hands, so no need for a shorter cartridge if the reason given was a smaller grip.

So all Glock had to do was take the Glock 36, put on a longer barre and a longer grip, and have a terrific duty or compact .45!!! And it would use standard ammo.

Instead they developed a new cartridge and gave us a new thick-slided Glock. Sigh.

And with all of the Glock grip-reductions available, why does Glock not just make them that way to begin with!

2. therealmarauder

therealmarauder

if you don't like it don't buy one! no need to come in here and b!tch about it. :( i love my 37 and woudn't trade it for any other 45.

3. rsilvers

rsilvers Guest

I don't understand your logic.

I like it, I just want it to be thinner.

4. therealmarauder

therealmarauder

compared to my G21 it's thinner and shorter front to back. it's the exact same size as my 17/22 glocks

5. rsilvers

rsilvers Guest

6. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

The prototypes did use a slide that was disproportionate to the frame. Didn't work. So, they put a wide slide on a skinny frame. Some folks like 'em. Some folks just don't know any better. :)

7. Thekat

Thekat Millennium Member

I am on your side silvers, If the G36 can handle a +P pounding what gives? But, even being a loud nasayer, I went ahead and got a G37. It is pretty nice. It is the reason I started reloading. I just wanted something a little more mild and figured I would have to do it myself. I only hope the G38 is a true 19 frame and not just a G30. The same with the subcompact, I just don't want that freaking monstrostity of a finger extension like the G29,30,36, cause it's ugly.

8. rsilvers

rsilvers Guest

I love the 19 size pistol. My first Glock was a 19, and I like the 23 and 32 also.

I hate the subcompacts and G30, although I have them all.

I like the G36 a lot but I would like it even more if it had a G19 length grip.

So what I want is a .45 ACP (not GAP) which is a G36 thickness, single stack, but holds 2 rounds more than a G36 and has a 4 to 5 inch barrel. Maybe they could slighly offset the rounds to get 9 in the magazine.

9. Thekat

Thekat Millennium Member

That would be the perfect gun! You need to be promoted to head designer at Glock right now! Let's go a bit further and give the G39 a 3" barrel w flush fitting singlestack mag so it could ride in the pocket. Offer a +2 that would get the 8 round on silvers concept up to the legal max of 10 and give you a little extra on the subcompact.

10. Rusty Phillips

Rusty Phillips Moderator Millennium Member

I suppose you mean that you want a 6 round flush fitting mag and not a 5 round mag with a one round pinky extension?

because theres not much diff in height between (a g36 and a g19) 4.75 inches and 5 inches

11. rsilvers

rsilvers Guest

I would like 2 more rounds and for it to remain single stack, or with a very slight stagger. I could live with 2 more rounds being in the mag extension, even though it looks wrong, as it is practical because it allows a short grip. But most of all, I want a 4.5 or 5 inch barrel.

I would also like to see a G19 frame with a G17 slide.