Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
3,351 Posts
If I was still active, I'd resign.:(

·
Registered
74,443 Posts
The irony is that BLM is going to get a lot of black people killed by other black people.
I know that they don't care.

·
Registered
30,842 Posts
I was thinking today about the scene in Heat when Robert DeNiro's character call in his crew after he figures out they are being watched. He tells them to assume the police have everything on them, cars, houses, phones, and they are watching right then.

They start talking about scores they have coming up. Its been awhile but I remember them canceling one but not the main heist. DeNiro's character wants it to get out for good. Another needs the money bad because he pissed it away. One stays for the team even though he could ride it out.

Well we all know how that played out.

I think every cop still working needs to sit down and spend a few days thinking about where they are and where they want to go.

Are you waiting for your kid to graduate high school or college? Is it this year or 5 years from now? Whats your area like? They like the cops? Hate them? Ignore them? You waiting for a certain % of pay to retire and still live in your area? You going to cash out of your house and downsize? Move out of the area?

If I hadn't have gone out on a disability I would still be waiting for 50, my retirement age. My wofe would probably be looking at cashing out, buying something cheap in rural Oregon, and getting any job that pays the bills for 2 years, then collect the pension and upgrade or just live modestly.

·
Registered
30,842 Posts
The irony is that BLM is going to get a lot of black people killed by other black people.
Chicago's record breaking weekend was proof of that.

And if they are successful in their reforms that will not be an aberration. It will become the new norm. In about a decade it will creep out into the suburbs or at least the nice parts of town.

They will either have to backseat or just pay cops a **** ton of money to make it worth the risk.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
“No more than five to ten people in a hundred who die by gunfire in these cities are any loss to society. These people fight small wars amongst themselves. It would seem a valid social service to keep them well-supplied with ammunition." -Col. Jeff Cooper

·
Banned
3,351 Posts
“no more than five to ten people in a hundred who die by gunfire in these cities are any loss to society. These people fight small wars amongst themselves. It would seem a valid social service to keep them well-supplied with ammunition." -Jeff Cooper
Never thought that I would agree with anything Jeff Cooper said, but he's spot on with this.

·
Registered
74,443 Posts
“no more than five to ten people in a hundred who die by gunfire in these cities are any loss to society. These people fight small wars amongst themselves. It would seem a valid social service to keep them well-supplied with ammunition." -Jeff Cooper
Pull the troops out.....

Attachments

·
Registered
74,443 Posts
Chicago's record breaking weekend was proof of that.

And if they are successful in their reforms that will not be an aberration. It will become the new norm. In about a decade it will creep out into the suburbs or at least the nice parts of town.

They will either have to backseat or just pay cops a **** ton of money to make it worth the risk.
"Chicago Weekend Shootings: 1 Dead, at Least 28 Wounded in Gun Violence

Published June 14, 2020 • Updated on June 14, 2020 at 9:28 am

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loc...-at-least-28-wounded-in-gun-violence/2289615/ "

Reactions: Intolerant

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Well, I wish my brothers and sisters still active a safe career outcome no matter what direction you choose to take! At this point the environment is simply too volatile to work as a assertive/active copper in any jurisdiction. These Turds in the media, to include Fox, along with the ANTIFA/BLM contingent will stop at nothing to get a scalp! Remember, your first duty is to get home after the shift is over. You surely don't want some other person deciding if you get to go home or not!

It appears to me that any thought of Due Process has now vaporized when it comes to firing or prosecuting anyone that is a badge carrier. Be careful, try and not take too many chances and limit your exposure to the Administration, and the criminal courts. Those Turds will do what they can to humiliate, terminate and put you in jail just as sure as I'm typing this... Don't give them any opportunity!

Stay safe!

·
Lean & Mean
15,378 Posts
To be a cop one has to (at least marginally) believe in society. Problem is that the society does everything wrong these days. There are some exceptions of course, but generally it's hard to risk one's life for the bunch of self absorbed, brainless and degenerated idiots who hate you for enforcing the rules by which they supposed to live. You keep asking yourself the same question, over and over again: why am I doing this?
I'm counting down the years to my retirement now. Society became a joke those days and the lawmakers are catering to the crowds of morons on the never ending spiral run down the drain.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
As I have said before, the dark times back in '15 with the "Hands up, don't shoot" mess was one of the reasons I retired in '15. The main reason I couldn't wait the 3.5 years longer for my 30 year goal was my physical problems, but that Ferguson mess pushed it over the top.

I wouldn't doubt that if I was active now and eligible to retire even without the physical problem aspect, I'd probably cut my goal short and bolt. The day to day stress was enough, but to add this new mess...it wouldn't be worth it to me.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Excellent article highlighting the very sad state our society has become.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 92 Posts