close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Why can't we vote to get rid of the IRS?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by eingeist, Jan 22, 2010.

1. eingeist

eingeist

I honestly don't know..

I had to go down to the IRS office in Downtown Jacksonville this afternoon because our dumptruck tag is expired at work.

I had to go BACK to my car because you can't bring cell phones into the building, nor cameras, nor cell phones that have cameras... So I'm already ticked... I run back to the building, put everything on the conveyor belt, and I beep going through the metal detector. He tells me to take my belt off, I do and walk back through. I beep again. He pulls me aside and asks me to lift up my pant legs. I do. He tells me to take off my watch and walk back through. Beep again. He asked me where I was going I told him I needed a stamp on my Schedule 1 so I could renew my dumptruck tag.

He tells me just to go ahead. The IRS office has 3 people working in cubicles. No joke. In a town of 1,000,000+ people. They give me a ticket with a number on it. The number calling is SO random by HUNDREDS of numbers people are starting to ask what the deal is.. Desk woman tells us that it's "random" based on what people need. So we ask her what the need for a ticket system is. I see signs, no cell phones, no food, no drink... (Hell, prison sounds better than this...)

I sit and wait for an hour and I am finally called. The group of folks sitting down cheer that they are finally taking another customer. I oblige them with a smile. (You could hear people in the back talking about their break, her break, going on break, etc...)

I sit down in a chair at this smug womans desk... She looks at me in disdain and I tell her I needed a stamp. I brought all credentials, paperwork, proof of payment, and a copy of the schedule 1 Highway Tax Form. She looks up my company on Dunn & Bradstreet.

her: Sir are you an officer of this company?

me: (knowing shes staring right at the list of officers) no ma'am.
    *in the meantime I notice a small speaker-like thing with a blue light on it, but fail to recognize it.*

her: well I'm sorry but I can't give you any information on the company unless you're an officer, you'll have to have one of them come in and take care of it.

me: well, I don't need any information I have it all right here, I just need a stamp on the schedule 1 because I haven't received it back from you guys yet, and it's been expired all month and I just need to renew my tag.

her: well I'm sorry but we don't do that here.

me: (???? I finally notice a sign that says "all interactions are recorded, please tell your clerk if you wish to not be recoreded.")
    Please stop recording me... I can't even walk into this building with a work cell phone, yet you all want to record everything in the whole building.

her: *smug look*

I see the light go off...

Her: well, there's nothing I can do for you this is just a walk in service, all of that stuff goes to Kentucky. Didn't you try calling them??? *same stupid look on her face*

me: well, yeah, that would help if the IRS took phone calls this time of year.. Everything tells me to come to the office..

UGH. I'm getting so frustrated even typing all of this that anytime I need something from "Downtown" it is SUCH a PITA!

Why is this?? Why all these rules, restrictions, and lack of respect and decency? Why the lack of responsibility? Why the utter lack of customer service??

Oh, and since the .gov works for "we the people" why can't we just say to hell with them and vote them out?
    :dunno:

No one, I mean NO ONE, likes going to these buildings... I'm sure the employees don't even like going to those buildings! So, since no one likes it, lets get rid of it!

:steamed::steamed::steamed:

2. silentpoet

silentpoet

Now imagine the same people/system in charge of health care.

3. zoyter2

zoyter2 Yeah, so what?

The same reason a "John" can't vote to not pay a sexual prostitute.

The whores in power only derive that power from money.

4. RenoF250

RenoF250

Yeah, it is annoying when you need a sticker but maddening when you need medication/surgery/treatment etc.

5. maynardwix

maynardwix Notre Dame Fan!

:rofl: We're screwed

6. Drjones

Drjones

Vote for me for President around 2030 or so and it will be VERY high on my list of government agencies to instantly abolish.

7. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

We could if we limited the rest of government to its proper power and size.

8. GlocknSpiehl

GlocknSpiehl NRA Life Member

9. southern_boy

southern_boy Tiny

put farm use on the dump truck and get the job done....and people wonder why i keep a few farm tags around

10. Glenn129

Glenn129

I tried for 4 hours calling the federal offices in Atlanta about how to find out about federal educational grants. I finally found out the person in charge after getting 3 3/4 hours of the run around and phone cutoffs. I asked for that person and was told he had gone to a meeting in DC, asked for his secretary and was told she also went with him. All the inept I don't give a damn federal employees are not only in the IRS offices.

BTW, tried again the next week, and this guy was in meetings all the time until he went to a meeting in Vegas. I never could get an answer to my question and he would never return a call. This is one reason why our gov't doesn't work....the people that are employed in it don't work.

11. holyjohnson

holyjohnson

and what? load the work force with the most useless and inept workers??

we CAN and should get rid of the i.r.s. if we cut spending create a flat tax and work within a constitutional budget amendment we`d have no need for any such agency.

12. Mushinto

Mushinto Master Member

Because there are not enough voters who pay taxes.

I suggest that you copy / paste your experience to your congress people.

Every once in a while it helps.

ML

13. Gallium

Gallium CLM

I agree with Mushinto's advice.

Also, if you have the means, start a local web page, then contact your local "Eyewitness News" etc.

THEN contact your congresscritter.

'Drew

14. wavetrain75

wavetrain75 Useless Member

The IRS cannot be done away with, it is the primary vehicle for distributing kickbacks and payoffs. Without it, it would be much easier to see where our tax dollars are actually going. They'll fight like hell to keep it.

15. bennwj

bennwj Command Sergeant Major (retired) Silver Member

This :goodpost:

16. CBDAVIS

CBDAVIS

What tag are you talking about that you get at an IRS office?