close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Why can't some women think rationally?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by NateHodge, Mar 1, 2010.

1. NateHodge

NateHodge Here too much

Let me start by saying that I love my woman with all of my heart and would do anything for her.

With that said, I'll get to the point. She had a wreck the other day. A guy that works at a car lot here was in the center(turn lane) lane trying to merge into northbound traffic, she was in the left hand lane headed north. He pulled out in front of her and she hit him in the right rear corner and busted the driver side of her front bumper a little.

The lady that owns the car lot suggested she take it to 2 separate places for estimates because she does business with them regularly. Coincidentally, they are the two best body shops around here, and also the highest. Well, my fiance' doesn't want to take it to either "because she does business with them and she's benefiting by me taking my car to them."

Now, granted this car lot has had some shady deals in the past, I have done business with both of the body shops she suggested and both are top notch. Neither are going to halfass anything because they have a reputation to uphold. So why would you want to take your car to some shadetree mechanic/bodyshop if she's willing to pay for the best? One of the places my fiance' wanted to take her car is a hole in the wall guy that does cheap work and was probably recommended by someone based on his prices alone.

Rant off...........

2. happy seal

happy seal

I feel your pain! :embarassed:

3. BurkGlocker

BurkGlocker Texas Redneck

They may act unrational sometimes, but they are always methodical. Keep that in mind...

BG :patriot:

4. MtBaldy

MtBaldy Obie Wan, RIP

Personally, I think it's in their genes. My wife is smart, well educated, and successful yet sometimes she does things that leave me going WTF.

Oh, and isn't this a recent jambog?

5. goatranch

goatranch

MY wife kept licking the postage stamps when they changed over to self adhesive ones. True. I'll say no more.:rofl:

6. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Don't marry or have a serious relationship = no problem.

My last experience was this:

"Should I get the BMW M3 convertible or should I get the Hummer H2?"

"Get the M3 convertible. The H2 is a POS that's not even a real Hummer."

"WHY CAN'T YOU EVER SUPPORT ME? WHY YOU ALWAYS TALK DOWN ON WHAT I WANT?!!!"

"You didn't say you want the H2. Hell, it's your money, buy whatever you want to buy but don't ask me for my opinion if you don't want it!"

"THERE YOU GO AGAIN!!! PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH!!!"

"I'm leaving. Have fun shopping."

"YOU NEVER SUPPORT ME IN ANYTHING!!!"

7. DowntimeLA

DowntimeLA

its her car unless you paid for it let her do what she wants

8. NateHodge

NateHodge Here too much

We live together, so her decisions affect me and vice versa. I don't make monetary or important decisions without talking to her first. Besides that, she wanted me to help her take care of it and I'm not gonna put unnecessary stress on myself just out of principle when simply letting the car lot owner pay a good body shop to fix the car is an option.

And to answer your question, it is in my name and I have paid as much into the car as she has, but that's besides the point.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  9. capnjim01

capnjim01

logic almost never works with women it make to much sense. It's a test. women always test you.

10. Ragnar

Ragnar

What do you mean, why can't *some* women think rationally? I don't know any who do.

11. NateHodge

NateHodge Here too much

I know one. My mom. And I used "some" so as not to get attacked by the ladies around here.:whistling:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  12. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

Rational thought was not part of their "design". :whistling:

13. Isaiah1412

Isaiah1412

They're called Men. :whistling:

14. DowntimeLA

DowntimeLA

i feel ya man, just playing devils advocate :rofl:

15. NateHodge

NateHodge Here too much

I know, dude. :wavey:

So, we got the police report today. It clearly states that she was established in the lefthand lane and the other driver thought she was in the right lane. For some reason unknown to me, our insurance company(after reviewing the report and clearly seeing that it was the other drivers fault) told Mrs.Hodge to go talk to the car lot and talk to them about a rental car. Of course, the lady that owns the car lot refused to take the blame for her driver, so that turned into a cluster**** until I got there.

I told her to take the report and the estimate to State Farm and tell them to deal with it. That's what we pay them for. I also told her to get whatever rental car she wanted, that she didn't have to settle for some piece of junk for the next two weeks.

She's never been in a wreck involving another car, so this is her first time dealing with all of this. But for the life of me, I can't understand why our insurance company advised her to go talk to the car lot owner!?:dunno::faint:

16. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

Tell her to take it to the other places and get t fixed right..especially if the other guy is paying for it.

17. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

Ever attended a childbirth? If women were rational the human race would have lasted exactly one generation.