close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Why can't I find the Glock I want?!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by B_RAD, Jun 13, 2012.

1. B_RAD

B_RAD

I'm a little ticked off lately! I've been trying to spend a couple thousand dollars on some guns I want with absolutely no luck! Maybe it's a sign I should save my money(that cant be it)? It all started when I decided to buy a semi custom 1911. I ended up ordering a Guncrafter No Name. I understand the wait times for the higher end 1911's but since I've been waiting for the No Name I decided I wanted something else to hold me over. Something different. I decided I wanted an HK45C. Absolutely no luck finding one at any of the local shops. I'd like to look at one in person before spending 1K'ish. So I gave up on that and decided I want to get a 10 mm glock. After debating if I wanted the 20 or the 29 and if I want SF or not I decided I'd go with the 20sf. Well, guess what? Nobody has any locally and they can't order one either. What's the deal?! I know I'm wanting guns that aren't your "mainstream sellers" but wow, I didn't think it'd be so hard to buy one of these! I can order a G20sf from one of the online places (since its a glock and I know what it feels like/what I'm getting) but don't want to pay $20 for the FFL and possibly shipping. May have to though. One local shop does have 2 G29sf. One new for $569(a little high IMO) and a lightly used one for $499. They also have a G20 non-sf but I want the SF and this one has the dull finish I'm not a fan of. So, I guess I'll to just wait or buy one either online or one of the ones settle for one of the others.

Just wanted to rant a little.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  2. bcj128

bcj128

Sounds like the G20 Gen 4 is now out. With the standard grip it's like the SF. I'd look for one of those, you might have better luck.

3. B_RAD

B_RAD

Thanks. I tried for one of those as well. The only thing the local dealers I talked to could order was a the non-sf CA legal(10rnd mags).

4. scosgt

scosgt

Coliseum Gun Traders in Uniondale, NY (516 area code) has a large (and I do mean large) selection of custom .45 auto pistols.
    I don't know if they will ship, but you might give them a try.

5. Giggity-Giggity

Giggity-Giggity Giggity-Goo!!!

If you don't have a problem spending 1K, then shipping and FFL cost should mean nothing. Either keep looking or order it!

6. B_RAD

B_RAD

Thanks, Im hoping to get a call any day now saying that my No Name is ready. For now I've got the 1911 bug somewhat satisfied....

7. B_RAD

B_RAD

Good point. Though, the 1K was for a gun I've never seen in person. If I could find one locally to look at I would spend that if I liked it. I agree 20$ isn't much in the grand scheme of things but its a little more frustrating when you're talking about spending it cause you can't find a G20sf at one of the several local stores.

8. Giggity-Giggity

Giggity-Giggity Giggity-Goo!!!

Don't worry dude, if you really want it...you'll get it. Good luck man. I want a G20SF too hahaha.

9. eccho

eccho

I'd like to mention that the fees associated with ordering online would be cheaper than the sales tax you would be paying