close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Why can I not post on Glocktalk from home

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by 4GodandCountry, Apr 22, 2003.

1. 4GodandCountry

4GodandCountry

Why can I not post from home but can from work? Is it because of my ISP? I have compuserve and will until Feb. 2004 due to a three year contract that was signed by my wife when we bought the computer.

2. jtetterton

jtetterton I'm the shizzit

Check your internet explorer settings and make sure it is allowing cookies. You might need to re-login, what type of error message are you getting?

3. 4GodandCountry

4GodandCountry

It says that admin has blocked access from my IP address. I have e-mailed admin several times with no response. Im beginning to wonder if they even exist.

4. Blast

Blast 'nuff said

I could be wrong, but admin may be your computer. Check security settings. Also as jtetterton said check your cookie settings.

5. jtetterton

jtetterton I'm the shizzit

Your IP might have been blocked by the software all together. Can you view this picture when you click on the link?
    http://glocktalk.com/images/GTLogo1.gif

If you can, then the server hasn't blocked you, the software has. If you have AOL or another common ISP, you could be using a recycled IP address that was banned here some time ago for whatever reason, possibly a troll. If the software is blocking your IP and you believe that it is blocked incorrectly, goto ipchicken.com and get your IP address and give it to the admins here and they will be able to take it off the ban list.. :) I hope that was all clear, i'm kinda in a hurry and don't have time to proofread, good luck.

Jason

6. 4GodandCountry

4GodandCountry

I clicked the link and the pic came up so I did as you suggested and went to the ipchicken site and sent it to admin. I have sent admin several e-mails and recieved no responses. Is webmaster@glocktalk.com the correct address to send e-mails to admin? If so somebody is slackin,lol. I hope I can get the problem taken care of, it kinda sucks not to be able to post from home.

7. 4GodandCountry

4GodandCountry

Does anybody have any suggestions????

8. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head Staff Member Admin Silver Member

4GodandCountry, if you are seeing the site and getting an 'The Administrator Has Blocked Your IP Number' message, my question to you would be why are you trying to re-register? That is the only time that message would ever show up, if that ip number had been banned in the message board software. If you want to post from home, you simply have to log in to the message board from your home computer, using the meber account you already have. If you do not remember your password, there is a 'Forgot Your Password?' link on the login form. Eric

9. 4GodandCountry

4GodandCountry

It wont allow me to post. If I log in it shows me as being logged in in the section where it shows the screen names of the people who are currently logged in but when I go to post it switches me to the log in page. I then try to "relog" in and thats when it keeps telling me that Im froze out. I cant remember the exact message it gives me but I thought you could look at my account and see if there was something wrong with it.

10. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head Staff Member Admin Silver Member