Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Simple Member
7,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not arguing the common sense of cruising, but aren't they all foreign flagged? Who gets to tell them they can't sail? They are losing a billion dollars a month.
I would think that some of them would be sailing and I would imagine there are people that would go on them.

·
Diva extraordinaire
16,799 Posts
Book a cruise. You will have the whole ship to yourself.

Maybe the captain will even let you steer for awhile.

·
I feel pretty.
3,954 Posts
They're busy bleaching EVERYTHING.

I get flu like symptoms for a day, on every cruise. I blame the airlines though.

·
Registered
43,659 Posts

·
Registered
15,953 Posts
I can see it now, a large body of people can prove they've already had it.............

Should be able to patron businesses that serve the already infected.......

They'd have places to go to get the virus (then prove you've had it), so yo could be free to go out and do as you please

·
tabula rasa
496 Posts
I can see it now, a large body of people can prove they've already had it.............

Should be able to patron businesses that serve the already infected.......

They'd have places to go to get the virus (then prove you've had it), so yo could be free to go out and do as you please
They could issue “Certificates” to prove you, oh wait...

·
Registered
13,251 Posts
So lets take a vote.
Who among all of us on GT wants to board a Cruise ship and put out to sea with a ship load of strangers?

·
Registered
11,258 Posts
So lets take a vote.
Who among all of us on GT wants to board a Cruise ship and put out to sea with a ship load of strangers?
IF you are a Hunter or Fisherman then a CRUISE is not for you, if you want to relax,
best vacations ever, 15 minute ride to the port, unpack, don't lift a finger for 7 (or more) nights, don't pay any additional costs for ANYTHING. (Unfortunately there are too many obnoxious, sloppy, porkers who cruise also)
Did that 30 times in the past 15 years....last one returned on March 3, will definitely go again....

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
So lets take a vote.
Not even before the Rona did that have any appeal. Just about the worst way of spending a vacation I can imagine.

·
Diva extraordinaire
16,799 Posts
So lets take a vote.
Is Hannie going?
Nope. My ex-husband kept bugging me to take a Caribbean cruise with him, so I finally told him to go ahead and book it for himself and I'll fly to one of the island ports of call and wait for him there (and do some scuba diving in the meantime).

·
Registered
32,498 Posts
Not our problem if they aren't US flagged unless they want to bring potentially sick passengers to us. Oakland had to take a bunch of the first ship in. It was drama we didn't need.

I was not fond of them before. Now it will probably be a long time before I consider one. Mostly because me and the kids get motion sick easy. The "day at sea" sucked on our cruise for me. When we were sheltered by the Channel Islands off of California I could handle it.

Reactions: FullClip and NMG26

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
Simple Member.
Well, you are in the insurance business.
Are selling much trip insurance these days? You aren't? Why would a carrier that you represent cease writing for a while?

Are you selling non-medically underwritten life insurance these days?

If the home office for one of the carriers your represent in a different city, would you currently have problems flying there? How about people who would have to fly to make a cruise?

Maybe someone wants to take a cruise in the Med. to Israel, but there is a 14 days quarantine period if you travel there right now.

Unfortunately, some countries are currently forbidding docking of cruises and people want to visit the countries. It would be like you wanting to go downtown to sell insurance in person to various businessmen, but their stores and offices are closed right now.

Ok. I tried to make it simple!:chatter:

·
Formerly retired EE.
14,058 Posts
Not arguing the common sense of cruising, but aren't they all foreign flagged? Who gets to tell them they can't sail? They are losing a billion dollars a month.
I would think that some of them would be sailing and I would imagine there are people that would go on them.
Where you dropped on your head as a child?

·
Super Moderator
2,347 Posts
Got off a Celebrity ship on March 7 thankfully.

We got to know one of the servers and have been in email contact. What a mess they are in trying to get people employees off. Thousands of cruise ship employees stranded with no port wanting them.

Looks like they are meeting up with other lines in the Caribbean and dividing all the crews amongst the ships to get them home. You may work for Celebrity but Princess is taking you back to Asia. You may work for Royal but Windstar is taking you to Europe.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts