Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
My dad got this and was incredibly sick and bedridden for more than a week. Life went on.

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
Too bad it did not KILL that POS Johnson. :steamed:
Wonder if any of the "Manson family" got it?
1969 was so weird most people didn't notice the flu.
Bought my first handgun in the Fall - '69 - a 2.5" Colt Python. :dancing:

·
Giant Member
5,565 Posts
The Hong Kong Flu, that's funny...

·
Registered
7,626 Posts
Well, it was kind of scary, but we didn't totally destroy our nation over yet-another-over-hyped Chinese death virus (about 18 of them since '69.)
Dang Democratic governer of Kansas is up to her usual hedging; as of yesterday we are in "Phase 1.5" instead of "Phase 2." Oh, Like we didn't see that one coming! She is crafty/sneaky and knows how to work a hustle- I'll give her that!
I wore one of those masks for about an hour yesterday. Yeah, that's why nobody's working. You can't breath with that crap on your face!

·
Native Mainiac
23,803 Posts
Huh...I was 11 and don't remember it at all. But then again, I was more into Bugs Bunny and Space Ghost back then. Ignorance is bliss I guess. Today everyone, even the little kids are being fed a steady diet of doom and gloom.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Dad had the "Asian Flu" back in the late 50s, remember him being in Fitzimmons Army hospital for a week or more. Don't remember any lockdowns or anything else. just remember that us kids could not visit him in the hospital and my mom had to "gown-up" and wear a mask to visit him. However, I DO REMEMBER when the Salk vaccine for polio came out. The whole family stood in lines that went forever (at least in a 10 year olds mind) waiting to walk through the tent hospital that was set up to immunize everyone. This was several years before doing the same thing with the Sabin vaccine on sugar cubes.

·
Registered
21,713 Posts
Huh...I was 11 and don't remember it at all. But then again, I was more into Bugs Bunny and Space Ghost back then. Ignorance is bliss I guess. Today everyone, even the little kids are being fed a steady diet of doom and gloom.
I was ten that year. I don't remember the flu scare back then either. Cartoons, scale models and NASA had my attention.

·
Registered
31,757 Posts
Well COVID-19 is going to kill more people in the end, and that's even with the advancements in medicine and after we destroyed the world economy to try to minimize it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts