Why America Has The World's Biggest Army....do you agree with this?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Jade Falcon, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

I just watched this video; thought it was interesting.

I saw a video by Wendover Productions about a year ago (the above video is not by Wendover Productions) that basically explained that one of the major successes to America becoming a superpower was our isolation factor; in other words, Geography. Because while the rest of the world was busy rebuilding after two world wars, we were able to keep our infrastructure intact and continue to build.

Just imagine how powerful Europe would be today had it not been for two World Wars and numerous other isolated skirmishes.

Just an observation, not necessarily related to the subject of the video, specifically. Discuss.

mike from st pe likes this.
  2. Jonesee

Jonesee

Using your logic, Germany and Japan shouldn't have become the world economic powers they are.

And yet, look at their economic strength relative to their geographical size.

cheygriz and rfd339 like this.

3. PlayerOne

PlayerOne

I mean, that's essentially how America dominated the market as well. While Europe and Asia were rebuilding their factories and schools in the 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s, we were selling them microwaves.

The 90s, 2000s, and this past decade show that the rest of the world is catching up. Americans might actually have to compete again.

4. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

You disagree?

5. FullClip

FullClip Native Mainiac CLM

Didn't watch the video, but yes, Germany and Europe could most likely be better off than they are today if GERMANY hadn't started 2 World Wars....wonder why that is?

If I had been in charge, the "Marshall Plan" would still have them paying 50% of their GPD to the USA for how we helped them, and Japan would be a radioactive atoll off the coast of China.

6. willie_pete

willie_pete NRA Life Member

China has about 3 million under arms; US is about 2 million.

We are not the biggest.

Russia, China, NK, SK, Vietnam, and India all have bigger armies.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    GVIFlyer, army_eod, rfd339 and 6 others like this.
  7. Jonesee

Jonesee

My comments strictly referred to your op comments.

8. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

The second video I posted wasn't the video I was thinking of anyways. My fail, sorry. I guess I can't remember what video it was that explained it.

9. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977 Unapologetic Deplorable.

No not in numbers but in quality and mobility we are. Many of the Chinese division's aren't worth a damn and have 3rd rate equipment. We have a far larger Marine force then the Chinese as well.

China has never fought a high tech war and their last conventional one they got their butts kicked by the Vietnamese in 1979. Even in Korea attacking at night nowadays would only get you kilt worse 'cause we can see at night and they can't. Or not many can.

Dr. Bill and Jade Falcon like this.
  10. Chui

Chui

Germany did not start either of those wars...

Study Sir Halford Mackinder

And read Suvorov (forget his first name). He is an ex-Soviet Intel Officer. He used documents from the USSR’s archives.

We’ve been lied to...

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Hoochrunners

Hoochrunners

They became the powers they did because the US helped rebuild them after we cleaned their clock.

12. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

Europe's best and brightest were fleeing to America even before WW1 & WW2.:patriot:

13. Bradley T

Bradley T

US Army is bigger than the Chinese Army?

14. P99er

P99er GT Ombudsman

For the US, the military is more than just killing people and breaking things. Look at all the skills people get by being in the military. How many UPS and Fedex pilots are ex military? Not to mention commercial airlines. Needing pilots for those expensive jets builds a good pilot base for commercial aviation.

Look at healthcare. How many nurses and paramedics get trained by the military? How much tech has moved to healthcare from military?

Then there is all the jobs created by the military industrial complex. If not for the military, Sig wouldn't have that nifty modular pistol. How many other technological advances has military research and spending given us? GPS. Night Vision. Hummers. Okay, maybe not Hummers.

The list goes on and on. The collective here could come up with thousands of things that make our lives better that were invented or developed for the military first.

treg, Jade Falcon and Dr. Bill like this.
  15. P99er

P99er GT Ombudsman

Comparing US spending to China is apples and oranges. China doesn't need to develop weapons systems, they acquire it for pennies on the dollar by throwing the Clintons and Obamas money or by stealing it. We don't have anyone to steal it from. We have to develop it ourselves.

16. Ghost doctor

Ghost doctor N.R.A life member. G.O.A member

That's our fault.

17. willie_pete

willie_pete NRA Life Member

No, see post #6.

18. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977 Unapologetic Deplorable.

The Chinese military was built on the Lesson's learned in Gulf 1. What we did to the Iraqi's terrified them because they were about on the same level with the same equipment and we eviscerated the Iraqi's, the Chinese figuring in the possible future scenario's against America their "numbers game" wouldn't mean much. Nor would it in a modern conflict where the enemy owns the air and the sea.

So Gulf 1 is what spurred their modernization plans. Military genius's like Jesse Jackson, who predicted 50,000 US casualties, were proven wrong in modern Hyper War.

And that was 30 years ago. Today we would hammer them with an entire fusillade of smart weaponry not just a few bombs from F-117's. But one has to admire their cunning strategic plan of the extension of their defensive perimeter's but don't forget the Japanese did the same in WW2.

Just_plinking and Jade Falcon like this.
  19. Hannie Caulder

Hannie Caulder Diva extraordinaire

I think I read somewhere that if you added up all the deer hunting permits in just the states of Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Michigan you would have the largest armed force in the world.

20. Deltic

Deltic

I knew we would win but I was surprised at how low our casualties were. When I was over there I read a pamphlet on their forces and weapons and they had a lot of good stuff, they just didn't use it very well. If we had swapped our gear for theirs they still would have lost but we would have had a few more casualties.