close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Why am I getting "Logged Off" so quickly?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by tgtshuter, Jan 25, 2005.

1. tgtshuter

tgtshuter Too Beaucoup

I'm having an issue with my logging on/off.

When I log on and start reading the forums, after awhile I notice my username stops appearing at the top of the page. I am no longer logged on.

I haven't timed it, but it happens within 10 mins - half hour.
    I'm not sitting idle in one forum or post. I visit many forums and will read postings there, so I am regularly "clicking" different pages.
    Most of the times when I notice this problem is when I try to reply to a post, and I get the registration/sign in page.

Is there a certain time limit when the software sees me "idle" and logs me off? If so, it must be set to be awfully quick.

Any help and insight would be appreciated!

2. SlammedDime

SlammedDime G23 Member

Might want to look into the cookies in your browser, as well as make sure you're checking the 'remember me' option when you're logging in.

3. tgtshuter

tgtshuter Too Beaucoup

Thanks for the reply!

I had cookies enabled already, and enabled "automatic login upon return".

Hope that helps. Maybe I should read faster?? ;g

4. Glocks&Ducs

Glocks&Ducs

When I very first joined the list I had a problem also. It sounds very similar to what you described. I was logged in but when I went to reply to a message it would say that I could not reply because I was not logged in. Then it would prompt me to log in, and when I did, I would try to reply again and the same thing would happen all over again. I emailed a moderator or Eric and never got a reply. I got to snooping around and the thing that wound up fixing it was to unsubscribe from the first thread I had ever replied to, it was the only one I had replied to. I have not had a problem since then.