Glock Talk banner

Who's working tonight?

389 17
I am. Last night, for a Friday, was dead. Had one DUI and a ticket. Couple of BS advice-given calls.

How's you working mens weekends?
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Caffeine Addled
1,245 Posts
Not me, I cashed in some comp time to sit on my butt and eat. Back tomorrow. Be safe Brothers

· Registered
10,951 Posts
I was supposed to work, but I took off for my kids' games.

Ah well....seniority has it's privileges.

But little 49 scored his first touchdown of the year.

And the other little 49 recovered a fumble.

I can't miss this stuff.

· NRA4EVR
12,826 Posts
Worked swings, actually got off almost on time. Had an unexpected trainee - his FTO was sick. I was supposed to have one night solo, and then get another trainee next week. Next trainee will be, I believe, #27 for me. I am getting good at this FTO thing, but ****ing tired.

Red wine is making everything good, no great, and the 9ers, my buds from the shift and beer will make Sunday great.

· NRA4EVR
12,826 Posts
Sweet! I scored tickets to the 9ers two weeks ago when they smoked the Detroit Kittens. 15 rows up at the corner of the home end zone. I expect you will be wearing red and gold?

· Registered
10,951 Posts
ateamer;11404702 said:
Sweet! I scored tickets to the 9ers two weeks ago when they smoked the Detroit Kittens. 15 rows up at the corner of the home end zone. I expect you will be wearing red and gold?
<--------Giants fan.

We sit in section 304, in the western end zone of Giants Stadium.

It should be a good game, and a good time.

· Mr. Awesome
12,878 Posts
Friday night was dead. Not one call. Stopped some cars, got nothing. Everyone around here was like that except the city guys who never seem to have much down time.

Saturday night was just the opposite. We had some jackass drive his truck over eight street signs and a mailbox in one of our small towns right at shift change. The closest Deputy was 25 miles away. Then street racers, who apparently had scanners, because when I got there 20 minutes after the call all was quiet.

Then an off duty Deputy had some drunks driving around his house throwing beer cans in his yard. Got two DUI's out of that deal and spent the next three hours in the jail. While I was there we had some kids spray painting cars in another small town on the other end of the county.

We'll see what tonight brings (besides the full load of paperwork I have to catch up on before the bossman shows up Monday morning)!

· Zombie Jeebus!
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Except for my DUI friday, I haven't had much... few stops, a weed possession, and a cat runned over. In the middle of my 3rd straight 1900-0700. ZZZzzzz... misdeamenor appeals DUI at 0900! Yay!!!!!!

· Registered
25,861 Posts
Working myself. Tonight is slow.... Last night was hopping, the same with Friday.

· Without Equal
938 Posts
Getting ready to go in now... tonight is my Thursday. For some odd reason I have an "eerie" feeling about tonight. We'll see...

· Zombie Jeebus!
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Court of appeals today: Had to drop the weed charge - couldn't establish chain of custody as officer booking into evidence is in Iraq. On DUI, scumbag defense attorney called me a liar yet again. Convicted.

He was in the elevator with me on the way out and noted "I was lucky to get away with that one." I told him, verbatim "Your client is lucky. Lucky he didn't hit another vehicle, or kill a family." On the way out, talking to a buddy bailiff, I was quoted "If I wasn't so sure he was neutered I'd like to snatch his ****ing nuts out," (referring to my loveable Defense attorney). I found out afterwards that he was behind me when I said it. :supergrin: It was a proud day.

· Registered
3,119 Posts
Two felony arrests on Sat. a 10 and 11 year old. Burg. of a Hab w/intend other felony, and Arson. Criminal mischief charges pending. Caught the little craps in the act. One citation. Sunday two physichal disturbances one citation. Paperwork yesterday and assisted with the booking of a couple of warrant arrests.

Burning holiday leave today.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts