close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Who's planning on shooting in San Antonio?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by CCV, Nov 9, 2002.

1. CCV

CCV Millennium Member

Ok guys and gals, the San Antonio match is less than a month away. Who's gonna make it?

2. MKSpangler

MKSpangler

I have alread registered:)

I will have to be there on Sunday as I must attend a few meetings Saturday. I will leave Fort Hood area early in the morning taking 281 and be there witin 2.5 hours. I have prepared by purchasing rubber boots and a poncho.

3. CCV

CCV Millennium Member

If this year is like the past two, you WILL need the boots.

I sent my registration in this past week and have the hotel reservations made. We are looking forward to it, as always.

See you there!

CCV

4. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

DEJ/FL and I will be there. We plan on arriving on Friday, shoot Saturday and return to sunny Florida on Sunday. We are staying at Hampton Inn Sea World.

5. Mark L Miller

Mark L Miller

I will be there & maybe a couple of others from Lubbock. It was kind of fun shooting in the bad weather the last two years. NOT! We may all shoot Sunday, just depends on how the chips fall. I prefer to shoot early just in case things get worse or whatever. Oh well, it is all for fun, anyway. I sure would like one of those certificates though. :) One of these days, if all you good shooters would stay home it would help ;) We are looking forward to dinner with the Clemmons, too. See y'all there. MLM

6. MFinch

MFinch Guest

I'll be making the trip and understand that perhaps a few others from my area will also. Will most likely shoot Saturday since I need to leave on a business trip Sunday. May be a quick trip.

Let's hope for good weather.

7. MKSpangler

MKSpangler

Mark Miller -- My daughter is up in Lubbock. She is, naturally, a Red Raider. Lubbock is a nice town. I have gotten to know abit of is as I have had two boys graduate form the Chemical Engineeering program and now my daughter is in the Fashion Design (Costume) and History programs.

Hope to see you in San Antonio. I will leave Fort Hood area in the morning and then head back after the shoot. It is about a 2.5 hour drive from here. I guess you have about 8 hours form Lubbock.

8. MFinch

MFinch Guest

Texas Tech Class of 79.

9. Clem

Clem

Donna & I will be there, even though it's SO FAR!!! ;a We'll be running the Glock table at Blackhawk and shooting when we can. I second the idea of bringing boots & ponchos, as well as a coat & hand warmers in case the temp is like the last 3 years! No definite dinner plans yet, but we're leaning toward Alamo Cafe on 281N. They have a HUGE upstairs area that we might be able to use, plus I'm told the margaritas are very good. I KNOW the Mexican Food and Chicken Fried Steaks are!!! Let me know if Fri. night or Sat. night is best. I'll try to get whichever night is best for most attendees. Looking forward to seeing old friends again & making some new ones. Tony & Donna/Team Sidearmor

10. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Tony;
    You said the magic 2 words: Margaritas and Mexican food. Just like Hog Heaven. Lets try to do something with the weather though, Shreveport, Lexington and maybe Anderson weather is more than enough for one season. We are staying at the Hampton Inn Sea World so will need some help with directions. Do you have Dan and my cell phone numbers? We will be there both Fri/Sat nights but I don't know if Dan has decided on what time we will be leaving Friday heading your way.

Boy, you sure know what my "Aiming Fluid" weakness is. ;g ;g ;g

11. Clem

Clem

Don, great to hear from you! Darn, you now know my secret strategy - massive quantities of margaritas to the competition!! Just kiddin'. Just hope everyone has a good time as well as a safe trip & match. Will get you some directions to the restaurant if that location is OK with others. Donna & I enjoy it often (the scale tells me TOO OFTEN!!). Even though we don't drink, Donna says she'll probably have a margarita with the Florida Gang. For the night we don't go to Alamo, there's a Rudy's Bar-B-Q out by Sea World near where most are staying. Will get directions to it, also, if it sounds OK. Yes, I do still have ya'lls cell phone numbers. Can't wait til the match weekend. Look forward to shooting the bull as well as the Glocks! Talk to you soon. Tony & Donna/Team Sidearmor

12. Mark L Miller

Mark L Miller

Tony, Saturday night would be best for more of us Lubbockites but whichever will work for myself & my wife. We are definitely in for mexican food! We do need directions, though. See you then, MLM

13. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

"This old boy from West Texas will be there". Brenda and I will be available for Saturday night. Just let us know where.

14. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

Tony,

Take it easy on the "cocktails". You know you have some stiff competition coming in down there. That "Good old boy", what's his name, BobbyC? You gotta watch him.

Hope you all or is that ya'll have a fun match.

TJC

15. Clem

Clem

Great to hear from you. For me, "aiming fluid" is a Coke, Dr. Pepper or Big Red!!! ;V Concerning BobbyC, he's got this "new mount" that gives him an unfair advantage. (Wait, I could use that excuse 'til I got two of 'em!!!) :). Trying to convince Donna to shoot Unlimited like she did in Shreveport, and I think she will. And, "ya'll" IS in the Texas Dictionary! To repeat something we heard repeatedly in New Jersey, FORGETABOUTIT!! :) Have a GREAT Thanksgiving, and we hope all of your hunts are successful. Take care, & be in touch. Tony & Donna.

16. Clem

Clem

BTW, Tom, that new Carver Mount helped me shoot an Unlimited personal best first time out with it in Shreveport! A great mount designed by a great guy! Talk to you soon. Tony.

17. tracyt1800

tracyt1800 TCB

This will be my first match. I'll be coming down to SA with some of the Lubbock crew.

Tracy

18. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

Tony,

Hunts are going great with both dogs. Even the new little "knothead" as I affectionately call her.

Yea, that guy Bobby is tough and a nice guy all in one. Like he needed the extra advantage of a better scope mount.

I saw that you had a great match first time out with the mount. You know, if you start shooting any better than that you are going to make me come out and run through with my Carver mount to see how a FOG can do. (that's fat old guy) ;)

Keep shooting well and stay safe. Watch out for that guy from Fla that stands 6'22". I hear he is really starting to make a run for the Gold. Some guy named Nozzledick or Fireglock?

19. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Well I'm only trying to make things a little more interesting! :)

20. MKSpangler

MKSpangler

I just ordered a GT hat so I can be recognized by other GTers when at Blackhawk.

I will have to play by ear getting there Saturday.