Who's making the trip to Dayton?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by n3hcp, Mar 18, 2007.

1. n3hcp

n3hcp Paranoid Member

Is anybody else planning to go the the Hamvention in Dayton this year? I was there 2 years ago and am planning to go again this year. Great opertunity to see all the new stuff I can't afford and to rub elbows with my fellow radio nuts. If other Glock Talkers show up maybe some eyeball QSOs could be arranged. :supergrin:

2. Kerrville Dan

Kerrville Dan

When I was a ham-wannabe back in Virginia (1970s-1990s) all my radio friends used to talk about going to Dayton. Sounds like it'd be a great trip. I spent a summer in Dayton as a student in 1966 and I liked Dayton. We used to go down to the jazz clubs in Cincinnati on weekends. I won't be able to go this year although a couple members of the local radio club are planning to drive from south Texas. Maybe next year.

3. RED64CJ5

RED64CJ5

I have been about five times and probably won't go again unless one of my close friends begs me to go with them.

I had fun all of the times I went however the event has gone so much downhill, it would take a big name or some big prizes to bring me back.

4. n3hcp

n3hcp Paranoid Member

That seems to be the way with most shows. Most Hamfests aren't worth the trouble, most gun shows are a waste of time and gas. Sad, but I guess it's a sign of the times. More and more people work on weekends and places like E-bay have taken the place of the flea markets.:frown: