Who's Laughing Now

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by PaulMason, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Aceman

Aceman

Crying, not laughing...

2. SDDL-UP

SDDL-UP

Not laughing, but sitting back watching the chaos, thinking how easily the SHEEP are manipulated. By plan or happenstance 80% of the population right now is in full blown panic mode.

No reason for me or my family to panic..... NONE.

3. SFCSMITH(RET)

SFCSMITH(RET)

I am deeply saddened by the chaos and pain. I ain't laughing, and I ain't happy others are suffering.

I now, just as always, hate it for those who have made bad choices..

4. cheygriz

cheygriz God Bless Trump

Blame it on the LAME STREAM MEDIA.

rock_castle, orangejeep06 and Mugsie1 like this.
  5. callihan_44

callihan_44 INFIDEL

Im wondering if anyone here is considering the ramifications of regional lock downs...if the supply chains is disrupted this could be catastrophic...I dont know if it will get to this point because I believe panic would spread beyond our wildest imagination if people think food supplies-gas etc etc would not get to them, and actually Im more worried about people freaking out than the virus .

6. RCJH

RCJH

This goes without saying but it was never the virus that was the threat. Its the residual effects to our economy and society that is the threat that leads to chaos. The media has taken it too far. That said, we should all be smart and do our best. This is a small dress rehearsal in my opinion, of an apocalyptic type scenario.

7. USMCKoontz

USMCKoontz

Not crying for sure. We’ve been prepared here. Laughing at the sheep who are going crazy out there.

rock_castle and Quijibo like this.
  8. Commander_Zero

Commander_Zero

This.

It seems many people take steps to prevent catching the virus and forget to take steps to prevent the consequences of the virus. Reduced household income as one parent stays home to watch kids, investments get cut off at the knees, panic shopping wipes out toilet paper supplies, travel plans get disrupted with no refunds on trips, non-life-threatening medical procedures postponed, etc, etc. Seems no one gave too much thought to the potential downstream effects.

Preparedness isn't just about being prepared for a disaster, but its about being prepared for the consequences of that disaster.

nerr, Kentguy, NoStress and 8 others like this.
  9. walkinguf61

walkinguf61

I am far from laughing but a few “I told you so’s” will be said after the crisis is over. My Brother in law and his wife are just waking up to reality.

I wish I could help them other than just some advice. They are just too far away.

nerr and fastbolt like this.
  10. sciolist

sciolist On the Border

Laughing about what? I think everyone's pretty much still in the same place.

n2g and fastbolt like this.
  11. Aceman

Aceman

Yeah - little bumps like a Hurricane that clears the shelves for a couple days and turns out to be a Cat 3 Thunderstorm instead of a Cat 5 Sharknado is funny.

This is tragic. And a bit scary as I watch the machine spin up under stress. Imagine a REAL nasty that hits.

I am not a member of the conspiracy club for any reason, but I'd like to think we are doing all this as a little "dry run" to see what needs changed while we are under the 'best' of situations:
    - Mild bug
    - 3-4 month cycle
    - Only slightly novel; Many Corona's with animal drugs available etc.
    - Going into virus down season
    - Economy booming

Couldn't PICK a better time to test...

powernoodle and orangejeep06 like this.
  12. gunowner1

gunowner1

So much I'm trying to teach my daughter. A few months ago she bought a new Dodge truck cause she thought she was moving to Massachusetts. I tried to talk her out of it but she didn't listen. Now she is out of work with a $600.00 a month truck payment. She won't call asking about deferring payment.
    Her and her boyfriend have a few handguns but they had no ammo! I gave her 2 G21 mags of hollowpoints for her G30. The boy has a G43 with 2 mags. I gave him a box of 5o gold dots.
    Too many more issues to mention. Once their out the door what can you do. I hope she makes good decisions and survives this event.

RCJH likes this.
  13. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

My nephew had a minimum wage job out West. (That should get him into decent job in future). So couple weeks ago I contacted him. He was concerned about getting home as his job was first stopped. He didn’t want to fly. (I understand)....
    So I tell him when he decides to head home. If he can’t find way call me.
    (I was planning to buy a Santa Fe). Likely 2 yr old, under 20k but new would be ok for warranty if it got him home.
    I hear from sis he bought a car. His last purchase was a lemon. (He ignored advice in advance, after it broke on way home from stealership....). So he buys a used BMW (expensive maintenance). I ask “who did you get to inspect it?” Crickets. Plus he had arranged the ride with another worker he mentioned worked out. So 3 days before riding, driving another’s car 1700 miles he buys a used BMW, pays for inside storage till scare is over, maybe his job comes back that he is paying storage, insurance, and monthly payments.

14. rj1939

rj1939

Where the movie "Poor White Trash" was filmed
    It is a good learning experience for many.................sadly, I doubt their ability to grasp the cause and effect relationship, that got us to where we are at............or how to make the appropriate changes, so we aren't as vulnerable in the future.

15. Aceman

Aceman

How many gunfights do you think they will be getting into?
    How many do you think they will survive?

I have $10 says they get through this if they don't do anything stupid with one full mag of Winchester White Box...

16. gunowner1

gunowner1

Id rather be over prepared than not prepared at all. Thus the reason I keep 250-300 rounds of SD ammo on hand in 4different pistol calibers. Also why I reload and have enoiugh components to last along time.

rock_castle and orangejeep06 like this.
  17. DAKA

DAKA

I am WASHING MY HANDS over this situation :couch: :rolleyes:

NMG26 likes this.
  18. Railsplitter

Railsplitter

Ammo can be used for a lot of things including hunting, woods SD and barter. Ammo can be lost in a fire, flood, stolen or confiscated by future anti gun politicians etc. Also there is the time factor weeks, months, years, decades or lifetimes how long will your stash have to last you AND your family, who can predict?

Nothing more than a glorified flu emptying the shelves at LGS should be a clue to what might happen in a real disaster.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    SFCSMITH(RET) likes this.
  19. Schrag4

Schrag4

Oh, I’m a bit more optimistic, yeah they couldn’t see it coming, but firsthand pain is a good teacher. I suspect this will result in a generation that at least keeps a stash of TP on hand at all times. At the very least, they won’t laugh it off if you tell them to be prepared, in the future, because they’ll now have the experience that tells them you’re absolutely right.