GlockTalk Forum banner

Will You Watch The Trump/Biden Debate 29 Sept??

• Yes

Votes: 133 78.2%
  • No

Votes: 29 17.1%
  • Will have it on, but not pay attention.

Votes: 8 4.7%
21 - 40 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
30,836 Posts
I haven't watched a debate other than accidentally since 1988.

Reactions: nmk and evlbruce

·
Registered
74,410 Posts
I plan on actually watching the whole show and do my best to pay attention. I don't have access to whatever drugs they will load up Joe on, so may take a nap to be able to stay up past my bedtime.

I will NOT be watching the 1 hour pre-show spin that all networks will be broadcasting though.

Do you plan on watching the whole thing, or just rely on the "highlights" the next morning on the "news"??
I want to hear Biden tell us more about "the thing".

·
Registered
19,607 Posts
I'm not sure if I will or not. I watched 10 minutes of a Trump/Hillary debate in 2016. He smoked her and the media immediately gave Hillary the win right after. It was the final debate, I believe.

Here is how the debate might end up going.. All the questions will be designed to keep Trump on defense, like the ABC Townhall the other night. Things like on the Coronavirus, which Biden sat in his basement filling his diaper while Trump had to deal with an unknown virus attacking the planet. Biden will get to say vague things like, "I'd do things differently" " I'd do more testing" it's all empty and not specific. He had no responsibility, so he can say whatever in hindsight.

If they bring up this NYT Trump tax story then you know they're in the bag for Biden. Trump should just say he followed the tax code Joe Biden helped create, then bring up Hunter's $3.5 million from Putin when Biden was in the White House that the media decided not to tell the voters about.

A topic Wallace said he'll have is about the unrest from riots/protests. This is a big opportunity for Trump to destroy Biden. Biden was silent for 3 months on the destruction of Democrats. It wasn't until the polls turned south that Biden popped out of his basement to condemn them. That showed Joe only cares about his numbers, not our cities, businesses destroyed, or our law enforcement. Then Trump needs to bring up that Joe and Kamala campaign staffers were bailing out rioters, including rapist and other felons. He could also bring up Biden's '94 Crime Bill and Kamala's record which hurt black communities.

The last topic Wallace said he will bring up is the Supreme Court battle. Again, this should favor Trump, but it depends on the questions asked. Biden won't release the names he'd nominate. Why not? The voters should know that info. The other thing Trump should hit on is how the Democrats are attacking her religion. He handled that beautifully the other day when he said, "I thought we settled this 60 years ago with the election of John F. Kennedy." That was brilliantly played.

If these go poorly for Joe, he'll opt out of the remaining debates.

·
Registered
11,853 Posts
I would love to watch it, but I will be driving to my next event.
Maybe I can listen to it on the radio instead.

Reactions: FullClip and B C

·
Registered
11,853 Posts
Anyone check with the folks in Vegas on the odds of Joe being a no show?

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
If Jesus appeared naked before me with 100 hookers, bags of blow, and an all expenses-paid trip to Tahiti, He could not stop me from watching these debates.

Who is hosting it, and what channel? I'll have to watch it on YouTube.
In all honesty if Jesus showed up with the dope and hookers I may be a bit intimidated.

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
I am going to pass.
I don’t think I need anymore political drama that is going to make me... tense.

Reactions: B C

·
NRA Member
1,196 Posts
I'm trying to decide if there is a drinking game in this. Like taking a shot each time bho said "Let me be clear...".

Maybe when biden says "C'mon man!".

·
Registered
19,607 Posts
I'm trying to decide if there is a drinking game in this. Like taking a shot each time bho said "Let me be clear...".

Maybe when biden says "C'mon man!".
He also uses "look" to pivot when he gets stuck and starts rambling on about nonsense.

·
NRA Life Member
63,378 Posts
Waste of my time. Nothing they could possibly say in the debate, that doesn't involve mentioning me by name, is going to change my vote. If they mention me by name, I'm sure somebody will let me know.

Reactions: nmk
21 - 40 of 138 Posts