close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Who's going to watch GREEN ZONE movie?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by tacticaldawg, Mar 12, 2010.

1. tacticaldawg

tacticaldawg

It looks pretty good on trailer.

2. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Bigfoot enthusiast enthusiast

me

it will be awesome

3. harlenm

harlenm Millennium Member

It's supposed to be 2 hours of anti-america, anti-bush propaganda.

4. paul45

paul45

And I was somewhat surprised to see on the news on apparently how far left of left Matt Damon is.

If that is true, I find I don't want to support that kind of leaning. Petty of me, I know, but it might make me feel better! :rofl:

5. Kkille1LSU

Kkille1LSU

That is what I heard also. I am not feeling sitting through that for 2-hours.
    I'm going to at least wait until the GT faithful comeback with a review.

6. JASV.17

JASV.17 Prime Example

I'm going for the action scenes/gun-play. They can keep their propaganda.

7. Trigun

Trigun

Keith Olbermann, Chris Mathews, Jon Stewart, Michael Moore, Yugo Chavez, and the entire Film Actors Guild.

8. Glock-1982

Glock-1982

Isn't that "Boure Identity IX"?

9. Trigun

Trigun

That's how the commercials depict it because they fear nobody would see it otherwise.

10. HKUSP45Css

HKUSP45Css

I'll see it, I'm a fan of Matt Damon's work. His politics (of which I'm wholly ignorant) don't figure into it for me.

If it's a movie with a message I disagree with, well, it's not like it's going to be the first time.

Besides, it looks like it's got a ton of "gun fu."

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  11. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

I have always thought I was the type of person who had the ability to separate an actor's roles from their personal beliefs. And indeed I have been that way for quite a few years. But I'm really rather tired of Hollywood's shoving it in my face any longer. Especially with Matt Damon.

Here's a guy, that from my prospective, is as far left as they come and loony as a goon. He takes every opportunity he can get to decry the state of affairs in his Country, blames us for everything since Abel's murder, and just pretty much hates any govt except that govt which controls, shapes, and dictates our lives, based on his own statements. Yet the only money making role he can get/wants, is one playing a "bad" CIA agent turned "good". One who travels the world setting right all the wrongs his Country has implemented. In all his movies with this character, notice how the mean old folks in Washington can only be, and just must be defeated by his character, who is now "good"?

In his personal statements, much like Shawn Penn, he would take away many of those freedoms he fights for in his movies. And while he is seen using some bang up weapons in his movies, he would not allow any of us to own any of even the simplest of them.

No, the movie itself may certainly be a "good movie", though I haven't seen it............I just can't bring myself to make him a better or richer living. My dime as they say. Anyway, it's not as if he's one of the better actors we have in this Country.

Well, he's not.

I would see the movie if he weren't in it and Hollywood wasn't using it as a clear propaganda statement. Just "how I roll" I suppose. I'm simply tired of "being sent a message", even a message I may agree with, in almost every bit of entertainment I watch these days. Willy Nilly that I am, sometimes I just want to be entertained.

12. area727

area727 G23

I'm looking forward to seeing it. Since I liked the Bourne movies, I've got high hopes for this one.

13. carbuncle

carbuncle is not cool.

Me too, I don't care about movie star politics the same way I don't care about reality TV and whether musicians are nice people. The movie looks like a rocker.

14. Kedyn

Kedyn

It's funny that the only movies Matt Damon does are saturated with guns. Makes me wonder if he ever feels like a whore.

15. JFrame

JFrame

There are too many good movies and good actors out there for me to support a left-wing global warming moonbat.

16. Trigun

Trigun

But that's the thing. It is not the star's politics that are the issue with the film. It is the film's politics that seem to be at issue. Nobody cares what Matt Damon thinks. I doubt Matt Damon even knows what Matt Damon thinks. The movie is not part of the Bourne series. It just has enough connections to the Bourne series that they tout that in the commercials for this movie. Yet this movie sounds like your typical anti-military Hollywood drivel.

17. HKUSP45Css

HKUSP45Css

I'm really quite comfortable being exposed to opposing points of view. Why do you think I keep hanging out here? :tongueout:

I don't feel the need to eschew everything I disagree with. A movie with a message I disagree with doesn't make the movie "bad" automatically.

A story has many parts that don't involve the ideology of the author.

18. CigarGuy

CigarGuy

Welcome to my world, brother Paul. Last movie I saw was Oceans 11, which must have been in 2000, 2001, before all those butthead actors in it came out so ugly against the previous President.

19. CigarGuy

CigarGuy

I choose not to differentiate between the two. He has EVERY right to voice his opinion. I have EVERY right not to give him/them my money.

20. DougC

DougC

Exactly my point of view.