close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Who's going to Fulton

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by cigna63, May 29, 2003.

1. cigna63

cigna63

Is anyone going?.....I'll be there even though it's supposed to rain.

2. Front Sight

Front Sight Front Sight

I'll be there rain or shine

3. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Rain? We have had more rain this spring arrrgggg#@&!

I'll be there working the match... see you there Cigna63

4. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Wish I were there. According to the local news tonight, Roanoke has received rain 21 out of 29 days so far, totaling 9.75 inches. Guess what, it' raining again now with more forecast for Saturday.;Q

5. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

I wish you and Martha would be here too Coach... it would be a darn good time Saturday Night!

Sounds like we both have been suffering with the same (very) rainy season! I've been draggin' home alot of mud from my practice sessions... it's really getting ridiculous... luckily we are using Glocks which cleans up well and holds up to the elements and MUD!

6. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

Loveglocks,

Say hi to Gary, Pete and the gang for me. Always liked the Fulton Club. Many a good nights at the club house as well as The Locke Rest. in town.

7. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

TJC -

Yes I will! I'll have at least one for you and one for Coach!

8. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

TJC -

Gary is the MD as usual! Believe it or not, the guy never ages! He looks the same as when I met him 14 years ago! He's just a tad bit mellow'r than he use to be.

I haven't seen Pete in a while... hope to see this this weekend.

We're probably gonna raise some cain at Holbrooke Inn... it was a fun time last year eating African Bullfrog Legs and the wide variety of Aiming Fluid!

Regards,
    LoveGlocks

9. GlockMom

GlockMom

There was a little change in plans for me and Sniper ;Q. There are some school activities that would have given us a really late start and it's a 7 hour trip;k...then there is a scouting thing tomarrow...so now we are going to Jackson.

Thanks to everyone for all the compliments from Waldorf.....and I'm still smiling:cool: :cool:

10. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

GlockMom -

We will MISS not seeing you and Sniper7.62 but look forward to seeing you perhaps at NJ!

You should be smiling about Waldorf... that was a great performance you had... aren't setting and beating personal bests/goals what GSSF is all about? I think so...

My personal goal for this weekend: Not to quack like a duck from all the rain that we will endure this weekend at Fulton (if weather predictions are correct... quack quack).:)

Another personal goal... try to get all my shooting done Saturday so we can go to town on Aiming Fluid Saturday night!

Yummy African Bullfrog legs with some of my favorite brewskis and some of my friend Boomer's home-made Apple Cider Wine... yeah Boomer - Don't forget the ACW!!!

LoveGlocks

11. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

Loveglocks,

Both guys are great people. I remember Julie when she was not old enough to shoot according to law in NY. I think it was the Area 7, if that is correct area for IPSC, way back when. She was taping targets.
    They had a country western band at the range that night as well as a BBQ. What a blast we had.
    I remember Gary spending the week at the range in his trailer for the Miller Invitaional, and later the Smith & Wesson Invitational. Best 3 gun match at the time outside of maybe SOF. A LOT of aiming fluid in those days. Of course that is really a contradiction because it never helped anybody aim anything.

Say hi to them for me.

12. GlockMom

GlockMom

I'm a little disappointed, but kids come first. We already booked a room for Jackson so we'll be there.;a ;a

13. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Glockmom -

Please email me to let me know what hotel you were able to book! I am also waiting on my friend and Sidearmor Teammate, Glenn, to send hotel recommendations.

I look forward to seeing both you and Sniper in two weeks!

The match in Fulton is history... I just got back after two days of RO'ing... I will be giving full report and took some pics (not as much as usual) but it was definitely a VERY INTERESTING weekend!

Best regards,
    LoveGlocks

14. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

TJC -

Yes, I remember Julie when she first started coming out to my local club in Rochester to watch her Dad shoot and to help us paste targets and pick up brass. Was a little shy but what I saw was a wide-eyed kid that was intently watching and learning what was going on... and we now know the rest of the wonderful story...!

I said hi for you to both Gary and Pete and told them about what you mentioned of the 'good old days" and they both just smiled widely and nodded their heads! They send their regards too!

It was a wet and cold weekend... just when we all got into the clubhouse Sunday PM after the match closed and stages torn down, clouds parted and the 'big cirle of fire' in the sky came out... UNBELIEVABLE!

Over and out... will give match report and pics in the usual threads dedicated to after-the-match banter...

Regards,
    LoveGlocks