close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Who's adjustable rear sight works with stock Glock front?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by flycaster, Jun 24, 2006.

1. flycaster

flycaster

I currently have the Glock adjustable rear sight on my G19, and am not fond of it. I have the stock white dot front sight. I picked up a Millett metal adjustable rear, and it looks great, but it looks like it would sit too high for my current front sight. Does anyone make a metal adjustable rear sight that will work with a Glock front sight, or do I need to replace the front one with a Millett that will match the Millett rear?

Chuck

2. RayB

RayB Retired Member

3. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

You will need a matches set to have adj work correctly. The stock front is way too short.

4. gary newport

gary newport

Glock makes STEEL front sights, both night and non-night, and several aftermarket steel fronts are the same height as the factory sight, or close to it.

5. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Thanks, Gary. I had to read this over twice to offer Chuck a reply; and twice again, to reply to your reply...

Chuck already has a Glock adjustable rear sight (this would be metal) that he does not like.

Chuck then makes reference to a "stock white dot front sight" (which is always plastic).

Then again, if the gun was sold with a Glock adjustable rear sight, it may be fitted with a Glock metal front sight already...

Chuck goes on to say that he picked up a Millet adjustable rear sight (I assume this is metal), that he rather likes, and wants to pair a front sight to it (but he establishes that the Glock sight doesn't work well with it).

:headscratch:

To purchase a replacement steel front sight--Glock or otherwise--does not address the problem he describes.

Anyway, the opening question asks to pair a (comparatively expensive) adjustable rear sight, to a "stock Glock front" sight, which is something most people would not do.

:freak:

That leaves either a compatible Millett front sight, or a complete new set--to which I suggested two possibilities.

No wonder this post was left untouched! My head hurts!

:rollingeyes:

--Ray

6. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Re-read CGR's post.

Several companies make an appropriate height steel front, mountable by the owner, that will make your Millett rear work. Non-tritium fronts are cheap.

Strategy:
    1. Contact Millett on what height front blade you need for the rear that you have. Having seen their info on their Glock rear sights, I'm guessing they pair that with a .340 dual-crimp front blade, which is like a sailboat's spinnaker sticking up in the air. However...

2. If they don't have one for you, check at Ameriglo who should be able to provide you with a nice screw-on target front, either .330 or .350, and .115 wide. That will give you some balance to your super-high Millett rear.

Last option (my choice) would be to ditch the Millett rear and get something (re-read CGR's post) that keeps the whole affair lower - even Bo-Mars don't need a .340 front...:upeyes:

Good luck!

:patriot:

7. flycaster

flycaster

Actually, I have a Hi-Viz front sight on my 19. It's the same height as the stock Glock. I'm sorry I didn't state that initially. The Millett info says to use "Glock", or their .340 front, with their rear sight. It's the former that also caused me some confusion. I don't want a high front sight for several reasons. I may look into the Ameriglo sights. Thanks to all for your input.

Chuck

8. RayB

RayB Retired Member

:brickwall: :wedgie: :uglylol:

--Ray

9. flycaster

flycaster

I'm sorry!:crying: I indicated that I had the stock Glock front only so that you good GT members would have the same frame of reference. If I said I had the Hi-Viz sight, some of you might not have known the height.

Chuck

10. jimbullet

jimbullet

Can I make a follow up question on this coz I am also shopping around for a good adjustable rear sight that could work in low light as well. What would you guys recommend for a newbie on his g26? I have been thinking of the MMC but adjustments are of elevation only.

11. gary newport

gary newport

Point is, stock-height STEEL front sights are available, so a "a cheap plastic nub of a front sight" isn't the only option. On the other hand, stock height front sights are too short to work with most (if not all) adjustable rear sights--an exception being the stock Glock plastic adjustable rear. If I could lay hands on an adjustable rear that was NOT plastic and would work with the stock height steel front, I'd be interested in trying it.

12. RayB

RayB Retired Member

13. gary newport

gary newport

And your point would be...?

14. RayB

RayB Retired Member

For whatever reason, my head still hurts!

--Ray

15. smoke

smoke

MMC sight will work with a stock front or any replacement of same height. They're really made to be adjusted and left alone as the screws are quite small. Height is screw adjustable and windage by moving sight in dovetail. They work pretty good if you don't "screw" with them a lot and put loctite on them.

I think I've put 3 of these on over the years. Night Sight version on a G17 and one on a G22. On both of these, the owners wanted low profile night sights and the guns had elevation problems that couldn't be corrected with fixed sights. Also put a plain black on a G17 for a guy that just wanted adjustable sights for some reason. I used Trijicon front NS's for all 3.

16. gary newport

gary newport

Smoke, I was pretty sure (but not certain) the MMC was one adjustable that would work with stock height fronts. Thanks for confirming that! :beer:

I also recall that MMC offers a white-outline rear which would provide a (rear) sight picture much like the factory (plastic or steel) rear. If I might ask, did the MMCs you installed require anything more than a sight pusher to install (fitting or filing, for example)? Also, are you putting Loc-Tite on the dovetail base to hold the sight in or on the adjustment screws (after adjustment) to hold the adjustment?

17. smoke

smoke

No sight tool req'd to install the MMC. Slides right in. Loctite on sight and screws, as screws are small and do not, IMO, have enough surface area to assure that it won't move. Loctite also fills any unsightly gaps around sight that may be present.:beer:

18. GunMac

GunMac

Anyone have a web address for MMC sights? When I do a search it says the domain name expired 6/28/06.

MMC Sights

19. flycaster

flycaster

20. smoke

smoke

Yeah, all mine came from Brownells as well!