· Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, fess up. Who was it?

Gun Weapons Parts Found Buried In Arlington
via Washington Post.

Gun, weapons parts found buried in Arlington
By Clarence Williams
A gun and weapons parts were found buried Wednesday morning in North Arlington and police and FBI agents are investigating the discovery, officials said.

Utility workers digging near an overpass of I-66 on Patrick Henry Drive found the gun and parts inside PVC pipe about 11 a.m., said Det. Crystal Nosal, an Arlington police spokeswoman. Police and FBI agents were called to the scene and investigated for hours.

· RIP Stan Lee.. . .
19,895 Posts
>> Police and FBI agents were called to the scene and investigated for hours.

Why?

What a BLEEPING waste of tax dollars. . . .

· Watcher.
41,318 Posts
No my friend,it's a sign of things ta come.The person that lost his "cache"/due ta failure in the seven "p"s/I actually think it's an old/forgot about "cache",whom the heck would "cache" at that type of "site"?. A flood/wreck/fire that would require a "road" work crew ta respond would assure a loss of inventory.Foolish.'08.

· Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is one reason why I don't believe in "caches". If the stuff is not with in reach and under my control then it's worthless to me.
I might be tempted to cache some food, clothes or other easily replaced equipment and supplies along a planned route of travel (if I had a bug-out location.) But I generally agree about wanting to keep things close to hand.

I cannot see myself pre-positioning a firearm at all, maybe ammo, but not an actual gun.

· Registered
2,456 Posts
Not necassarily forgotten.. could be old, pre Y2K, anything could cause the owner to NOT KNOW they were about to dig there.. In a way I see it as a good cache spot.. in that freeways and such are pretty permanent.. In case of just about anything except the DOT finding it, you know where you buried it, and even if a 20KT nuke hit in the A.O., your landmarks would still be there. If you live in the city, and are thinking you may need something to get out of the city.. anywhere you could possibly cache is going to be in an area that could be found..

I see no problem with a buried cache that includes a weapon. The concept of "on me near me" is not violated, unless you buried your ONLY weapon.. I could honestly bury about 50, and still not affect my personal preps.

· Angry
1,693 Posts
I see no problem with a buried cache that includes a weapon. The concept of "on me near me" is not violated, unless you buried your ONLY weapon.. I could honestly bury about 50, and still not affect my personal preps.
I have a large back yard if you need a place to do so... I promise I won't look :supergrin:

I could always use another 50 guns.

· RIP Stan Lee.. . .
19,895 Posts
Yeah, why should LE investigate suspicious activity?
Talking about the FBI

What was the justification for them being there.

Why was this suspicious?

Anybody here would instantly realize that they dug up someones stash.

You run the serial numbers to see if the gun(s) are stolen or linked to a crime. Guns go to the evidence locker or the crusher and that's pretty much the end of it.

Case closed.

Pretty soon we'll be like Britain:

http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/news/1013959.bullet_found_in_doorway/

· Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Honestly? I suspect the FBI were brought in because of the proximity to D.C. We all instantly recognize this as a survival cache, but cops are paid to be paranoid (I'm just an amateur, lol.)

If I was paid to be paranoid, I wouldn't want to take a chance that this was a pre-positioned cache of an actual real terrorist cell. It's not outside the realm of possibility. After all, preppers did not invent caches. If this was found out in Indiana, I doubt the FBI would have been called.

· Mr. CISSP, CISA
24,207 Posts
Mine is in the cemetery in the grave marked unknown next to Arch Stanton.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.