Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It doesn't have to be an exact copy but a rifle with the same overall design size and weight as the 10/22 in 30SC would be awesome.
Now combine that with a sig 365 in 30SC and you have a survivalist dream. I really don't care who makes them but I think a small simple carbine and a micro pistol in 30SC would make an great combo to own. It would cover hunting (survival type hunting), home protection, and conceal carry in one caliber. I'm mostly interested in something that looks like a 10/22 in 30SC but would have to get a small carry pistol to go with it.
Am I just dreaming or could we see it someday.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
The PCC would be closer to the Ruger 9mm than the 10/22.

It will be interesting to see what they can do if anyone actually designs a micro pistol around the round.

I do like the idea of the round, but it's hard to imagine choosing it over 9mm myself.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
What is 30SC.? I'd like to see it in 9MM. Not the plastic thing they sell now but like a 10/22 Carbine.
A new auto pistol cartridge that was just announced/released.
.312 I think, same overall length as 9mm/.40. Unknown, but high, pressure. Very close, but not quite ftlbs as 9mm.

There are 3 or 4 threads running on it now.

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is 30SC.? I'd like to see it in 9MM. Not the plastic thing they sell now but like a 10/22 Carbine.
It's the new 30 Super Carry round from Federal. Basically it's a suped up 32 acp.
The PCC would be closer to the Ruger 9mm than the 10/22.

It will be interesting to see what they can do if anyone actually designs a micro pistol around the round.

I do like the idea of the round, but it's hard to imagine choosing it over 9mm myself.
I'm talking about a light weight one piece wood stock carbine the size of a 10/22. I'm not about to sell my 9mm guns either but I still think the 30SC would make an awesome lightweight carbine.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
would like to see the rifle ballistics. Might be a 100 yard max coyote thumper. Check out the marlin 62 came in 30 carbine and .256 win magnum. Be similar concept

Reactions: mj9mm

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
The 30SC is going to be stillborn. Ammo makers can't keep up with current demand of established calibers. The 30SC is going to be overpriced for what it is. The premise is that it will give two more rounds in a self defense subcompact gun magazine. No thanks, I still prefer 45acp and shot placement.

·
Registered
17,314 Posts
Why not just get a real .30 Carbine?

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why not just get a real .30 Carbine?
I have one but I still I still would like one in 30SC. Also as I said it would be nice to have a lightweight carbine and a pocket pistol in the same caliber.

·
Huge Member
11,857 Posts
It doesn't have to be an exact copy but a rifle with the same overall design size and weight as the 10/22 in 30SC would be awesome.
Now combine that with a sig 365 in 30SC and you have a survivalist dream. I really don't care who makes them but I think a small simple carbine and a micro pistol in 30SC would make an great combo to own. It would cover hunting (survival type hunting), home protection, and conceal carry in one caliber. I'm mostly interested in something that looks like a 10/22 in 30SC but would have to get a small carry pistol to go with it.
Am I just dreaming or could we see it someday.
And if pigs could fly they'd have wings.

·
M62/76
13,364 Posts
Sounds good until the cartridge inevitably doesn’t take off and you’re paying $50-70/box.

Reactions: 45caldan

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Could be wrong but...I think it's bad timing for introducing a fad caliber. And it is a fad caliber.

Ammo makers can't make enough 9mm, 40, 45, etc to satisfy demand. And they're trying.

Just my $.02.
Well one good thing about the 30SC is there wouldn't be any military and police contracts competing for the supply.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
would have liked the casing to be the same length as the 327 federal to reach a much higher potential. That would make a great carbine. However, it would not be my duty round.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I would love to see Ruger make PC Carbine in 30SC, but everyone should be very clear on this gun being purely a novelty. It would not bring anything to the table that PC Carbine in 9mm does not already do. The main reason for that is the muzzle velocity similar to 9mm. The 30SC is not anything like 5.7 or 30 Carbine.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I would really like a light weight pistol caliber version of the 10/22. But 50,000 PSI and blowback operation are not a good combination.

Its not the plastic stock that makes 9mm their 9mm PCC so heavy. They have 10/22 models that are the same except for the stock and the wood version is about .5 pounds heavier than the plastic stock version. Among other things Ruger put a big, heavy piece of tungsten in to bolt to help handle the backforce of a 9mm cartridge. The 30 SC is supposed to be nearly as powerful as a 9mm so it will need the same piece of tungsten. And whatever else it is that makes their 9mm PCC so much heavier than a 10/22.

I have heard mostly good things about the Keltec Sub-2000 PCC that does weigh about the same as a 10/22 so I would like to think a lightweight PCC that looks like a 10/22 is possible. But Ruger didn't put that chunk of tungsten in there for nothing.

If Ruger could make a lightweight 30 Super version of the 10/22 they could also make it in 9mm. And it would make more sense. More ammo in a small carry gun that is the same size as the 9mm version has a lot of appeal to me. If Sig makes a 12 round 30 SC version of the 365 or Glock makes a version of the 43 that has a 10 round double stack magazine but not the fat grip of a 43X I am going to buy one. But adding capacity is a lot less important in a PCC where I don't care if it prints and probably have at least a 27 round magazine in it to start with.

·
Florist
20,776 Posts
Would like to see a Glock revolver in 30SC (G49R???) backed up by a 30SC Glock G49 pistol. A PC carbine (I'm assuming not happening with Glock Inc.) in 30SC using G49 magazines would be great addition.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Until it becomes on par with 9mm in popularity, I won't jump on getting a gun chambered for it.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts