Who wears a mask in public while grocery shopping?

Discussion in 'Covid-19 News/Info' started by Mr Meeseeks, May 26, 2020.

1. N95 or higher

2. Cloth or surgical mask

3. Nothing

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. SDGlock23

SDGlock23 JABRONI AUTIST

2. Dave514

Dave514

I thought you were drawing the line at "need to protect myself or my family. ..". I must have been confused.

3. Penn'sWoods

Penn'sWoods

Not I! Muzzles are for dogs....

The Machinist likes this.
  4. Agonizer

Agonizer Unmasked

Haven't you heard?

Or do you get all your info from CNN and MSNBC?

Penn'sWoods likes this.
  5. flyover

flyover

Why yes I do. I put on a N95 before I go into the store and take it off when headed home.

SevenSixtyTwo and PhotoFeller like this.
  6. manfred the wonder d

manfred the wonder d

My wife and I are both 72 and have some health problems. We have no-one to go buy our food so I do go to Walmart when I have to. Our nearest Walmart (Stilwell, okla) doesn't have the pickup ready yet and an employee today said they may be the last in the state to do so. Anyway I go to the pickup in another city. 20 miles further away but the Walmart in Stilwell has about a 10 %^ mask usage and I don't feel safe there.

SevenSixtyTwo and PhotoFeller like this.
  7. PhotoFeller

PhotoFeller A swamp dude

Based on your considerable knowledge of viral transmission, odds for casual infection while in public, herd immunity and infection rates, would you take your family or friends to a concert, major sports game or other large-scale event with normal (pre-COVID) seating in the immediate future?

SevenSixtyTwo likes this.
  8. podwich

podwich

I disagree with your first statement. And agree with the spread.

We could stop covid. Simply shut everything down hard and absolutely mandate staying at home followed by super-invasive contact tracing and forced quarantine once cases are mostly gone. I think that's what some seem to want. I don't. This would absolutely destroy all economies and freedom in the process.

Masks help reduce transmission. That's not really in doubt. Most (all?) experts expect covid to be endemic long-term. That said, the goal isn't to infect everyone as quickly as possible (else what was the whole "flattening the curve" thing about anyway?). I don't agree with the more recent moving of the goalposts into containment and contact tracing. I don't honestly think it's possible (within reason in a free society) and I don't agree with the invasive tracking. I do, however, think masking can help slow down transmission overall to help prevent huge flareups again.

If I was going to wear a mask to prevent my catching SARS-CoV-2, I'd wear an N95 (and hope). The surgical or cloth masks are simply to limit droplet spread from infected to non-infected.

Overall, I don't agree with mandated masks by government, but I don't get the animosity against wearing them by some. It's a pretty minimal inconvenience for potentially limiting/slowing spread/death.

SevenSixtyTwo and mac66 like this.
  9. cyphertext

cyphertext

If you are asymptomatic, droplets still leave your mouth when you talk. That is what the mask is for, to stop those droplets from flying across the room.

10. BobbyS

BobbyS Truth always sounds like lies to a sinner

mask = tinfoil hat

badge315, Penn'sWoods and Agonizer like this.
  11. Nutty Professor 188

Nutty Professor 188 Patrol Corporal

I'm pretty sure if we enact more rules and regulations, print more safety warnings and signs, mandate more safety and precautionary equipment, and ban unhealthy food and sodas larger than 16 ounces we can eliminate death entirely!

We will all live forever!

12. Agonizer

Agonizer Unmasked

13. Agonizer

Agonizer Unmasked

14. Nutty Professor 188

Nutty Professor 188 Patrol Corporal

I was just on patrol and saw a guy walking in the street. I stopped and suggested to him that he would less likely to be hit by a car if he walked on the sidewalk that runs adjacent to the street he was walking in. He pointed over his shoulder to a lady on the sidewalk walking in the opposite direction about 25m away and said "social distancing." He was serious. I said "oh."

I can not believe this.

badge315, Penn'sWoods, 1bigK and 2 others like this.
  15. 1eyedjack01

1eyedjack01

Lol, whatever you say chief...

16. MarkCO

MarkCO Super Moderator Staff Member Moderator CLM Millennium Member

Just curious, how many of you wearing a mask for more than a few minutes have been medically cleared for wearing a mask? How many of you wearing a mask for more than a few minutes have checked your blood O2 and CO2 levels? If you have Copd or congestive heart failure (and a variety of other conditions) do you KNOW what dropping your blood O2 level by 10% can do to you?

Knowledge is power...educate yourself, don't just follow.

17. Agonizer

Agonizer Unmasked

"You know, from the beginning of this, people have been able to go to the grocery store, and there has not been the widespread infections of coronavirus in grocery stores. People had to go there, and they had to go to pharmacies, and there hasn’t been a lot of infection spread. So those people in the grocery stores were all wearing masks and gloves and so the theory is that wearing the mask, wearing the gloves helped stop the spread. So if it worked in grocery stores, why not elsewhere?

But that’s not the point, because that’s not the motivation behind the Democrats and their demand for masks. Their demand for masks is political. Everything is political. They hope to capitalize on the image they’re creating that we’re all about to die — that we’re all very, very near being wiped out — and only those who wear masks are gonna be safe and only Democrats advocating the wearing of masks care about people.

If you don’t wear a mask, then you don’t care.

It’s kind of like the old red AIDS ribbon. You put the AIDS ribbon on, and what does it say? Nothing! It says, “I’m better than you; I care. You don’t care because you’re not wearing this ribbon. This red ribbon makes me a better person than you!” Well, that’s how they’re using the mask now, and it’s gotten to the point where an NFL quarterback says, “I don’t want to get political, but I’d kind of like to go back to work.”

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2020/05/27/democrats-demand-you-wear-a-symbol-of-fear/

18. mmcbeat

mmcbeat

A lot of folks seem to be missing the point - a mask is to benefit others, not yourself.

1eyedjack01 and 5.45 Shooter like this.
  19. 5.45 Shooter

5.45 Shooter

He looks better like that! LOL

Agonizer and 1bigK like this.
  20. ReaPer105

ReaPer105

I have worn one a few times, but not in the past couple of weeks.