Who wears a mask in public while grocery shopping?

Discussion in 'Covid-19 News/Info' started by Mr Meeseeks, May 26, 2020.

1. N95 or higher

2. Cloth or surgical mask

3. Nothing

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Agonizer

Agonizer Unmasked

2. BobbyS

BobbyS Truth always sounds like lies to a sinner

yuup....

3. Longbow

Longbow Millennium Member

No, it is not. Don't be silly. :)

The logic is to contain the spread of this novel virus, a virus that we are not sure how to effectively combat yet, until the medical field can develop an effective way of treating it (vaccine, drugs..) and hope, that we can at least keep the death toll from it, on par with the Flu (hopefully even less). Until then, we should do our part to help mitigate its spread.
    But, of course, freedom is freedom, so it is up to you if you want to take part on the effort.

SevenSixtyTwo likes this.
  4. rock_castle

rock_castle All Lives Matter

The truth hurts sometimes. Take it like a man.

redneck ron and Agonizer like this.
  5. Skidoo

Skidoo

If you are old or if you have medical issues stay at home. If not go to work make a living. If you catch the Covid there’s a 99% chance you will live and make you stronger and make the virus Weaker. Simple as that.

redneck ron likes this.
  6. Agonizer

Agonizer Unmasked

Joe Biden has a new mask.

[​IMG]

7. PhotoFeller

PhotoFeller A swamp dude

I didn’t say name calling hurts those of us who wear a mask for good cause. I said it’s a sign of weakness in folks who are out of meaningful debate points.

8. Mr Meeseeks

Mr Meeseeks

I keep reading this. So everybody who is old or at risk is also wealthy enough to stay home and have groceries delivered. I see old and at-risk people going to work every damn day, generally they have no other option.

Does permanent ground glass opacity and reduced lung function make you stronger? How about kidney damage. Oh yeah, that will toughen you up real good.

Make the virus weaker... I guess. If you develop antibodies then the virus has one less host. Same effect can be accomplished by killing yourself, or dying from the virus.

All seems pretty simple and clear cut!

9. Skidoo

Skidoo

10. Mr Meeseeks

Mr Meeseeks

I work and wear a mask like a normal person. I’m not a coward, just intelligent.

It’s neat that of nearly 300 respondents only 37% are maskless. You wouldn’t know it from the freedom-loving, unafraid epidemiologists posting in this thread.

This is a really weird thing to have a culture war over.

SevenSixtyTwo, treg, Dave514 and 4 others like this.
  11. Skidoo

Skidoo

If you want to wear a mask wear one if you don’t then don’t. Just sick and tired of hearing all of these so called Educated experts say they don’t work one minute and the next they are essential you wear one. It’s all a bunch of political BS and media propaganda trying to there ratings up. So have a good time wearing your safety blanket over your face. Just might want to wash it every now and then o you don’t catch something.

MarkCO likes this.
  12. racerford

racerford

It actually possible to be freedom loving, and be strongly against government mandated masking, and wearing a mask voluntarily at the grocery store. And tired of the mask mandaters trying shame, harangue, guilt, and sometime assaulting those who don’t or can’t wear masks.
    And they can be unafraid, because we have been told repeatedly masks are not to protect the wearer.

Rokitt likes this.
  13. Haldor

Haldor Formerly retired EE.

Yes people pooping can spread Covid, just like people sneezing can spread covid.

I wear underwear and pants in addition to a mask, so I don't believe my farts are a serious threat to others. At least for covid.

14. Bradley T

Bradley T

I see less than 50% of population wearing them now. For a while there, it was over 50%.

15. PhotoFeller

PhotoFeller A swamp dude

This post ^ is a calm, reasonable way of looking at the mask issue. Why does it take 13 pages of finger-pointing disagreement to get to this point?

It's ok for government to issue virus mitigation guidelines for COVID (social distancing, hand washing and masks), but mandating how individual citizens must behave is heavy handed given what we know now about this virus. The 43 states that do not require wearing a mask in public are on the right path while NY, NJ, RI, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Connecticut and Hawaii are wrong.

Following mitigation guidelines or disregarding them is a choice each individual must make. Individuals who try to impose their opinions on others about masks and other mitigation steps are wrong, including those who say choosing to wear a mask is foolish.

We should not be divided over wearing face masks; Liberals love it when we're not focused on their continuous efforts to undermine President Trump and steal the 2020 election.

TGT likes this.
  16. racerford

racerford

Wearing a mask can be entertaining. I was gifted several cloth masks with things like wide open shark mouths, handlebar mustaches, printed zippers, etc. They almost always elicit a smile or favorable comment. That is makes wearing them worthwhile. I while stop wearing a mask when I choose to. Likely when I have had enough of the people haranguing people who don’t wear masks in public.

I live where infections have not been heavy. If I lived in NYC (I would not), I probably would stay home (avoid human and animal contact) as much as humanly possible, because that is how you effectively protect yourself and others.

17. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

18. ChuteTheMall

19. ChuteTheMall

20. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

Funny, I thought this thread was a question about who wears a mask when needing to go grocery shopping. Only a clueless attention whore would call those who choose to do so bubbling, jelly filled, mewling glob of citizens. What a crock of ****.

treg, Aloha8, Longbow and 3 others like this.