close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Who wants to go on a diet with me?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by ClydeG19, Jun 17, 2012.

1. ClydeG19

ClydeG19

Holy crap I'm up to 197. A 32 in waist used to fit me just fine. Now I'm up to a 37 in waist depending on the brand. I need to lose 15lbs. Who's with me?

My biggest hurdle is my horrible diet. I don't eat proper portions and consume too many empty calorie drinks (soda and booze mainly) and snacks. I have, in the past, gotten away from junk food. It took a 3 week purge until the taste of those foods simply wasn't appealing. I fell back into the habits about a year and a half ago and gained 30 lbs. While I won't argue I needed to gain some weight back then, I've gone overboard. Time to purge. Tomorrow. Maybe.

No really, tomorrow. My wife will be ticked if she goes to all the trouble of making a Father's Day dinner and I don't scarf it down. But I'm telling her I'm on a diet after today.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  2. G19Tony

G19Tony Sneet CLM

Let me finish my pizza first. :whistling:

3. Zonny

Zonny

Men are at an advantage when it comes to losing weight. Drop both of the items you mentioned, (soda & alcohol) and watch it drop off. :sigh:

4. larry starling

larry starling SIG and Glock

Just eat what you want the world is suppose to end soon anyhow. And who cares if you have a fat azz when your dead.......LOL

5. Dennisr1977

Dennisr1977

That's not true at all. It's as simple as consuming less calories than what your body needs to operate on.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

6. AA#5

AA#5

I've learned a bit dealing with a weight problem for 59 years. I've weighed 405 lbs, 164 lbs. & everything in between - now 168 lbs. (6ft).

Diets don't work. Portioning doesn't work either. Does it make sense to go hungry by eating less than we want to?

What works is eating unlimited portions of the right foods & drastically limiting the wrong foods.

7. Dennisr1977

Dennisr1977

Again, this is wrong as well. If your body needs 2000 calories a day to function daily, eating over that number, no matter what food it is, will cause you to gain weight.

8. ClydeG19

ClydeG19

The only thing I would have to add is that the 2k calorie number is only a guideline. Depending on your size and weight, you may need more or less.

9. Armchair Commando

Armchair Commando Long Range Guru

You need to go on a lifestyle change not a diet, Diets are a joke that lazy people use to make themselves feel better, You want to lose the weight and actually stay in shape for the better part of your life then change your eating habits and lifestyle, Also start working out 4-5 times a week. Not only will it change your body but it will change your attitude and outlook on life!

10. Armchair Commando

Dude i've been bodybuilding for 12 years now and your absolutely dead wrong, Eating until your satisfied and eating until your full are 2 entirely different things. I've been up to 257lbs in the off season on massive bulk cycles and shredded to the core at 212lbs! Eating healthy foods or bad foods calories are calories no matter how you slice it, The good thing about eating healthy food is it will help lower your blood pressure,cholestorol and everything in between!

11. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

don't eat 3 times a day. eat every 4 hours. not a full meal, mind you. i did this and lost 47 pounds almost immediately. (that, and cutting out my 2 biggest offenders. whole milk, and peanut butter)

downside, as soon as you go back to old habits, it will come back.

12. Armchair Commando

I'm eating around 4700 calories a day! and i'm still having a hard time putting on weight, I'm 236lbs right now aiming at 255lbs by december!

13. Armchair Commando

Only difference between whole milk and skim milk is the fat content which is like 4-5 grams per cup difference, The sugar content and everything else is exacly the same and Natural peanut butter is one of the healthier foods you can eat!

14. kiole

kiole

I think his idea was more to the point if you eat "unlimited" something like vegetables it's unlikely someone will eat more then 2000 calories worth. Therefore it's pretty sound advice to fill up on endless veggies because in general no one will eat more then 2000 calories worth of pure veggies in a day. But if you eat 1500 calories worth of vegetables and a small amount of lean meat you'd be very full and have eaten very healthy.

2000 calories equals 37 cups of carrots or 125 cups of cucumbers or 300 cups of baby spring mix green. So 2000 calories buys you a ton of vegetables in your diet which should fill you up.

15. Armchair Commando

She's absolutely correct, Us men have this wonderful little thing called Testosterone which is a hormone that drastically increases skeletal muscle mass! Womans main hormone is estrogen!

16. ClydeG19

ClydeG19

I do weights 3 days per week. The problem started when I was eating a ton to bulk up. I injured my elbow and had to lay off the weights for 6 months, but never tapered my diet accordingly. I just started up weight again. Lol...my bench, deadlift, and squat are definitely no where near yours. It's amazing how much you lose when you stop for 6 months.

17. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

ummmm.... i did both to excess...as in, i kinda lived on them. skippy and vitamin d.

18. Dennisr1977

Dennisr1977

I agree with the testosterone part, but a male can't drop weight by getting rid of only soda, that's wrong.

19. Armchair Commando

Yeah but its bad advice as a whole, There are 3 Macros you need in your daily diet those are Protein/Carbs/Fats. Yes 2 of the 4 fats are actually good for you they are!
    monosaturated fats
    polyunsaturated fats

These 2 are not so healthy and should be avoided as much as possible!
    saturated fats
    trans fats
    You need to keep a daily diet of 40/40/20 which is protein/carbs/fats. You keep the fats lower because the caloric value of 1 gram of fat is 9 calories per gram, As compared to Proteins/Carbs which is 4 calories per grams!

You cannot get your daily values by eating veggies alone, You need lean meats,chicken,turkey,etc.

20. Detectorist

Detectorist

Not entirely true. Eating healthy foods will help keep your insulin levels in check. Eating a high sugar diet will screw up your insulin levels and make it harder to lose weight.