Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the first three months of the year, more than 161,000 people became Russian citizens. The same period in 2019 saw just 63,249. In recent years, an increasing number of people are receiving Russian citizenship, and new laws meant to attract more foreigners appear to be ramping up the growth even faster. In 2019, almost 498,000 people received Russian citizenship, a sharp rise from 269,400 in the previous year. Speaking to daily newspaper RBC, Nikita Mkrtchyan, an associate professor at the HSE Institute for Demography, said that the figure for 2020 might break the record and exceed all previous years. Recently, the Russian government has passed several bills to simplify the process for foreigners to receive citizenship. In April, Putin signed a new law allowing citizens of all nations to become Russian citizens without giving up their existing passports.
https://www.rt.com/russia/489076-russian-citizenship-foreigners-grow/

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Ok...why ?

I could see Russia as a better place to be than a lot of other countries in pretty bad shape.

Just the youtube videos of their traffic and drivers would make me question just a visit.

·
Matthew 25:31-46
3,934 Posts
This seems to be intended for the residents of the former USSR who are now after the breakup in independent small countries.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Mentally Frozen
28,384 Posts
Make it a free bottle of primo vodak and a Russian beauty and I'm in. What are the taxes like?

·
Banned
547 Posts
99% of those 161,000 are poor gastarbeiters from former USSR republics, mostly from Central Asia, Ukraine, Moldova, Belarus, Baltic region.

·
Banned
547 Posts
Not true, I know many Russian-Americans who have both US and Russian Citizenships and hold both Passports. Makes traveling back and forth much easier.
I tossed my Russian passport when I became a US Citizen.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts