Who uses TraCS?

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Lawfficer, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Lawfficer

Lawfficer FUHRC

Who here is lucky enough to have TraCS on their Computers.

Like it, Love it, Hate it??

2. madcitycop

madcitycop

Once you get used to it you'll love it provided you have good IT people. The frustrating part is when the printer doesnt work for whatever reason but then you can just upload it and mail it. MV4000s are nice because the info will populate and you can print off a driver exchange of information form for both drivers print em off and let em go and do the rest whenever.

3. blueiron

blueiron

?No habla, TraCS?

4. Lawfficer

Lawfficer FUHRC

It stands for Traffic and Criminal Software. It's a computer program designed for mobile operation that allows for issuance of tickets, warnings, and traffic accidents among other things. The nice thing about the program, is it interfaces with the TIME system that is used to run license and registration information so instead of writing down all that information on a ticket, you can just have it auto-fill the information in. No more pressing hard because you are making 5 copies, just hit the Print button and there is your ticket printed out in the car. It will also auto-report your accidents to the state if you want, and puts them into a court docket as well.

The system is tweaked for each state, here in Wisconsin the version we have is "Badger TraCS". Google it.

5. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

We started on something called STARS or whatever... I already forgot it. Read through part of the training PDF and fell asleep at the desk. It's some integrated reporting and data tracking system that works with dispatch as well as the field officer to have everything real-time... I think. Not sure.

In any event, I kinda like writing tickets the old fashioned way. Press hard, you're making 3 copies, it's not an admission of guilt, only a promise to appear, yada yada yada.

6. merlynusn

merlynusn

We used to use Tracs for accident reports. Most people hated it to be honest. We switched to one called reportbeam. It was a pain trying to figure it out at first, but now that we know it, it's really easy and pretty user friendly.

7. PROSOUTH

PROSOUTH

I have TRACS

I had it at the office only until today and it was just updated and installed on my laptop after two years of waiting. Can't comment on the updated version yet as I haven't used it. It may only be a few added windows for information added instead of a software change, don't know just yet.

I have had no problems with it and it is user friendly to me. What I like is that it can be used on a simple level usage or you can be as elaborate as you wish if you just study the book and use all the attributes available on it.