close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Who uses a Glock for IDPA and which model?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by TLHelmer, Apr 6, 2003.

1. TLHelmer

TLHelmer Millennium Member

Do you use the same gun for other action shooting sports?

2. Hollowpoint

Hollowpoint

I used to shoot a G22, but have since moved to a G23 for IDPA. I want to shoot the actual gun that I carry (even thought I sometimes cheat and carry a G27).

I have had great success with these guns in competition. One time, the slide lock spring broke on my G23 and the slide lock lever fell right out!! If you can believe this, THE GUN KEPT WORKING!! As long as there was a live round in the chamber when I pulled the trigger (I imagine so the action cycled), I was all set. If I pulled the trigger and just got a "click", then the slide fell right off the gun.

In any event, I called Glock and they shipped me out 2 new parts free of charge.

-HP

3. Opie

Opie Misanthropist Millennium Member

But I am using the G35 I got from you ;b

I did pretty good with it yesterday!

4. tracecom

tracecom

I shoot the G35 because it comes stock with an extended slide stop and mag release. If I could have these two items on a G22 and still be compliant with IDPA rules, I would shoot the G22.

5. stewart

stewart

G22 and G35. Also have competed in a couple of GSSF's. The nice thing about the GSSF match was that they had a Glock gunsmith there who goes through your Glock entirely.

6. Big_Jim

Big_Jim

Regular matches: Last year I used a G19. This year I am using a G22. BUG matches: last year was G26, this year a G27.
    On ocassion I have used a G36, G21, G20 for practice.
    On the rare occasion I use a revolver, for now its a GP-100, until I get a 610, maybe next year.

7. Duck of Death

Duck of Death

*QUOTE*
    I shoot the G35 because it comes stock with an extended slide stop and mag release. If I could have these two items on a G22 and still be compliant with IDPA rules, I would shoot the G22.

You can it's legal. The slide release is covered in IDPA FAQ and I asked IDPAHQ about the extended mag release, they are both OK.

http://www.idpa.com/rulebook5-2-01/rulebook_new.htm

8. quantico

quantico 1911 lover Millennium Member

I shoot my glock 31 in IDPA with a 3.5 lb connector and a sidearmor holster and love it. I am still trying to shoot a lot better ... but the gun is not the limiting factor right now.

9. quantico

quantico 1911 lover Millennium Member

Where I shoot IDPA the 19 / 17 and 22 are the most common glocks used.

10. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

I use my G19, stock except for Heinies and Deal Grip, for GSSF Am/Civ, IDPA SSP and IPSC Production, and a Sidearmor OWB holster for IPSC and IDPA. I was a bit rusty at the Anderson, SC GSSF match last weekend, finishing 34th out of 116 entries, and plan to do better at Richmond, VA later this month. Although I own a G17, two G17L's, G26 and G34, I just shoot my G19 best of all.;Q

11. Steve A

Steve A

I shoot my 35 with Heinie Race Cut Sights in IPSC and I've used my stock 23 for IDPA-type shooting.

12. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

here in the Philippines, the Glock models 17, 19, 22, 23, 35, and 21 are the most common pistols used in IDPA and IPSC.

13. Davis

Davis

G20 with a 3.5 trigger,Galco Concealable holster,Hienie Slantpro sights
    usually Speer CCI 200 gr ammo

only difference between match shoot and standard carry ,is when I carry, Win 175 STHP is the ammo

14. mgs

mgs Always Carrying Millennium Member

For Gaming....The G34/35 or G21 rule. For real life practice, the G27 is the hands down Winner. I shoot both and win when I do my part, Mike.

15. doylelon

doylelon

My IDPA shooting has improved greatly since going to the G-34...it is now my gun of choice for both IDPA & IPSC (minor)competition, having gotten away from my G-17. I don't carry, so the longer slide helps my accuracy (I think).

But I will be using both my G-17 and G-34 @ the upcoming GSSF matches...the 34 can't be used in Am/Civ.

G-34 great gun. I love it.

16. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE

17. HAMMERHEAD

HAMMERHEAD

Hey TLHelmer, what did You decide on Your P220/HK tactical/G21 dilema? I sure tried to steer You twords the 21-he-he. This year I'm going with the 21 in CDP. In my 10 rd mags I can only load 9 rounds comfortably, so I'm going to play with the big boys-CDP 8 rounds max. Good luck, have fun!:)

18. kendalaa

kendalaa

I use my Glock 23 in IDPA competition. Its been ultra-reliable and nice and accurate.

I'm thinking of purchasing a G34 or G35 and just can't decide to go for ammo compatability or cheaper ammo to be able to shoot more. Ah, choices, choices.

19. Andrew Colglazier

Andrew Colglazier 3036 Promoter

a Glock 17, 23, and currently a 21. I shoot the 21 in CDP and am having good results. I hope to make master with that weapon by the end of the year....

Knock on wood!

Andy C.

Oh, and I ALWAYS carry what I shoot.....

20. kestrou

kestrou Pin Member #4

I AM THE ANTI-GAMER! ;f

I know lots of shooters that carry a high-power gun, then compete with a low-power gun in hopes of improving their score. Those shooters are called "gamers"!

I carry a G-26, but shoot IDPA with a G-20 because I'm more accurate with the G-20 than any other Glock I own (but it conceals like crap! :) )

Glock is far and away the most popular pistol in IDPA here in the cornfields...

kestrou