close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Who thinks the Third Party could ruin it

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Hailstorm, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Hailstorm

Hailstorm Boom Shacka

I'm sorry. As much as I would like a third party to win. It will not be happening any time soon.

But, voting that way could ruin our only chance to get the Big O out.

It sucks. But, it rings true to me.

2. sheriff733

sheriff733 NRA LIFE MEMBER

I totally believe it. Don't think it will keep romney from winning, but a vote for Obama or 3rd party is still a vote for Obama no matter how you cut it.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012

3. 686Owner

686Owner NRA Life Member

Romney will win my state anyway. I'm unsure of my vote.

4. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV

There have been numerous threads on this as of late.

The take away is:

1) The Republican Party's platform on social issues is alienating a lot of potential voters.

2) Obama's failure has lost him a lot of the supporters he had last time, but they are not ready to go Republican on him.

3) The Third Party vote will likely be stronger in this election than ever before.

4) The total # of third party votes will likely exceed the margin between the candidates- this is going to be a close race (I think).

5) Can you say all those votes would go one way or the other? (Nope.)

5. hamster

hamster NRA Life Member

With the exception of Ross Perot, no third party candidates have had a significant percentage of the vote in recent history.

If the GOP can't muster a candidate who can withstand "losing" the .01% of the vote to a 3rd party then it isn't the fault of the 3rd party.

If Romney loses, the blame rests squarely on the GOP, their platform and their candidate.

6. 686Owner

686Owner NRA Life Member

No way will Ross Perot be beat this year.

7. 686Owner

686Owner NRA Life Member

Why is it assumed anyone voting for a 3rd party candidate would be voting republican anyway?

8. Little Joe

Little Joe

I don't see anywhere near the same ground swell there was with Ross Perot.

9. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass Tactically Epic

If third parties got good candidates they may get votes, but they usually suck.

10. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV

That's true, I just slapped myself.

11. Hailstorm

Hailstorm Boom Shacka

Well, at least I am not alone in my thinking. I have voted third party before. Twice. But, after seeing the numbers. All I can think is. I wasted my vote on someone who has no chance.

As much as I would like to think, at least it made a statement. The people charge couldn't care less about the statement made.

12. 686Owner

686Owner NRA Life Member

So do the candidates of the two major parties usually, but they still get plenty of votes.

13. Eurodriver

Eurodriver

14. Little Joe

Little Joe

1992 was the year Perot split the vote and gave us Clinton. It did matter then. That is what most people are referencing when they talk about Perot splitting the vote.

15. eruby

eruby

Little Joe is exactly right.

Hopefully we won't be saying "Ron Paul (or Johnson, etc) gave us Obama II" like we said "Perot gave us Clinton".

16. Eurodriver

Eurodriver

Ahh, yes. My mistake.

But what I really don't understand is why everyone thinks that Ross Perot voters would automatically be Republicans?

17. captainstormy

captainstormy

I'm with ya OP. I certainly don't like Romney, but I like Obama less. I was going to vote third party, but I know I may as well not even show up if I do that.

I wouldn't describe myself as a republician I. The first place really. I agree with them finacially speaking, but find myself disagreeing with alot of their social stances.

I Gotta say I never really understood how people could be undecided for so long into an election season, but I didn't make up my mind to vote for Romney instead of a third party until last night.

The AWB conversation changed my mind. Althou I don't trust Romney, Hopefully he dosent flip flop on that a few years down the road.

If I lived in a state that was going to go to Romney anyway I would vote third party. I think it would be good for our nation to take third parties seriously. Which wont happen until their poll numbers get up there. Since I live in Ohio though, this isn't the year to make a statement.

18. amazon

amazon

I hope that's not the case. I see a lot of folks say they just assume have the country fall off the cliff, so they'll vote 3rd party. I guess I haven't given up and am not ready to speed things up.

Could we have a better candidate? absolutely. But I still only see TWO choices, not three. But for many, there's either not voting, or voting their conscience. I don't hold it against them. I just hope we don't have Obama for 4 more years as a result.

19. hamster

hamster NRA Life Member

I'm with you. Despite the fact that I abhor voting for the guy who personally signed the AWB and invented Obamacare, I will have to after the comments Obama made re: AWB. I guess I'll need to take the risk that for once in his life Romney won't flip/flip.

Had Obama kept his mouth shut re: AWB I'd probably have voted Libertarian again as I always do. But this time it is just too close and I like my AWs to much.

20. Hailstorm

Hailstorm Boom Shacka

1992, I voted for Ross. I'm all ears.