close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Who suffers the most...

Discussion in 'Through-the-Lens Club' started by Generalcarry, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Generalcarry

Generalcarry NRA Member

when you get a new camera? Every time I get a new camera, I try to use it daily. With the advent of digital photography, I got even worse. My wife's PO'd when I ask her to "hold it for a minute", the dogs hide, my kids just look at each other and shake their heads, and my grandson doesn't even blink at a flash anymore. I carry a spare camera in the car and have so many CD's with photographs that are not labeled correctly, I don't even want to think of goung through them all. I filled a 1G smart card at a wedding in SF and haven't seen all the photo's yet. Does anyone else have this problem?

2. General Sherman

General Sherman

It is a good problem to have.
    More shooting brings skills and results thru learning which was way too expensive with film.

I too bought a small quality carry all the time camera (Canon S500) which is a very nice quality product in a less than cigarette pack size package.

3. grnzbra

grnzbra

I wish I had that problem when I was younger. When learning, you shoot a lot and when you are doing it with film, it gets expensive. With digital, you just delete any pic you don't want, print the good ones and file the rest (just in case).

4. BilltheCat

BilltheCat Quieter Cat Millennium Member

I too wish I had done some of that. In my life I have been in some interesting places and situations, knew some fine people, and even buried one. I have no pictures at all to remember by.

I can still smell the napalm mixture but have no pics of my crew. I can see the young Lt's blazing off the runway in thier F4's but have no pictures at all. I can see the face of the young man I killed just before he would have killed me, but I have nothing but his face in my mind. No pictures.

No pics of all those great sexy nurses and the one that I had the affair with. Not even a face pic. damn.

I have been all over the earth and did it all before the age of 28 and have little to show.

Take all the pictures you can moving thru life. Just be sure to be in that life and not just taking the pictures!