Who still carries a shotgun on patrol?

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by collim1, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Tony Rumore

Tony Rumore

FWIW, we sold about 50 Tromix S-17 (SAIGA-12) Short Barrel Shotguns to police departments across the country from 2006 - 2012. Quite a few of them went to Dade County Florida and the FBI Hostage Rescue Team in Quantico VA bought one as well. I have no idea how they are using them or if they are even using them at all anymore.

Tony Rumore
    Tromix

Newcop761 likes this.
  2. pgg00

pgg00

Those would have been nice to try

3. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

Dang. I paid money for a 2 DAY shotgun course. I’m hoping to take a 4 day next yr. have you looked at slings? The biggest negative about a shotgun is if you need your hands. Who wants to set it down? I’m going to try some options this winter for shotgun. I’m thinking those 14” barrel ones, change to 6 position stock, add sling, Add a tactical light..(Of course LEO only unless you pay $$$$). That should Bring the shotgun into use. The light if set up should dang near be a laser pointer to impact point under 50’. Plus ID target, blind attacker in dark.

4. warbow150

warbow150

Before becoming more desk bound and then retirement, I had an AR-10 or 6920 up front, and a 14” 870 and H-S Precision bolt gun in the trunk in hard cases. I still have the 6920 and 870, but the H-S Precision belongs to the department. The shotgun is an underutilized tool, in my opinion.

collim1 likes this.