close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Who Shot Brighton, MI last year?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by MI357, Mar 8, 2006.

1. MI357

MI357

I am planning on shooting at the Brighton, MI GSSF shoot this September. I was wondering if anyone here on GT shot this competition last year? If so, how was it? Did they use steel plates and poppers or just paper for everything?

I have never been out to the Livingston Gun Club but I have heard good things.

Thanks ~ ;c

2. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

I shot at Brighton last year and had a great time. It was run pretty well for a first time GSSF match. I think some people waited before the stages, but those bugs will be worked out. Hey, it was their first time running this. They had a side shoot of bowling pins and a place to practice the plates. Yes, they use real steel plates and real poppers at the Glock M. And, the people there are friendly and willing to help you. Go for it, you will have a great time.;a ;a

3. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Actually IndyGlockers had two teams there (6) people and we all enjoyed the event.Glockess is also one of the top female shooters and has been one of our mainstays. The plates were steel but a little tricky....the plates were actually thicker and heavier by the time you hit plate 4....the first plate fell...alot of us were waiting for the plate to fall...or the ring, but the plates also had some sound deadening to them, after inspection we found the best way to shoot them was do not watch until after shot six was delevered then go back and see what needed to be cleaned up. This will not be a problem for 2006...they plan to have a new rack which will be more readily active. ;f

If we can be of help let us know....hope to see ya there.

4. MI357

MI357

FESTUS ~ Your post brought up another question I had about the Plates. My understanding of this event is that it is your time that counts here right? Do you get penalized for missed shots?

Thanks

5. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

The only penalty on the "Plates" is leaving a plate standing which earns you a "+10" seconds added to your time. If it takes you all 11 shots (Max you can have loaded)to knock down all the plates there is no penalty for the extra shots!;)

Dan:cool:

6. Maxthemutt

Maxthemutt

Unless your shooting MajSub, only 7 rounds, found that out the hard way... ;)

7. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

No excuse for learning the hard way when it's listed in the rules ( Page 22 and section 170.110) and it's posted at each coarse of fire plus the RO's and 99.9% of all competitors would be more than happy to help with any questions. Learning the hard way is only a lame excuse. Take responsibility for your actions and stop blaming someone else. ;)

8. Tactical 313

Tactical 313 WarLords

MI357/Festus, i plan on attending this event(It will be my 1st comp).
    I hope to see you all there.
    Look for the guy in the black Tact313 tshirt.
    ;c

9. MI357

MI357

Tactical313 ~

Do you know of any ranges in SE Michigan that have good outdoor ranges to practice at?

I would love to find a place that has somewhere where plates could be setup and shot.

I shoot Bowling Pins on a fairly regular basis in winter at a local club but that stops at the end of March.

I am thinking about creating my own plate stand that I can staple paper plates to and practice on.

Does anyone know of the best plce to get D-1 targets from?

Thanks ~ ;c

10. Maxthemutt

Maxthemutt

11. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

No problem guys...we would be happy to show ya around and answer any questions and compare notes on how the Local football teams are doing that year....but Indy is actually not that far away and is scheduled for the weekend of June 17/18...we could get you started then....then there is Ohio in July.......yupper we like to push a little to get ya hooked.

I shoot in Edwardsburg Michigan for practice...ya might try your local Conservation club and see what clubs offer shoots or ranges to practice on...primarily something that can accomodate a 25 yard shot...you will only experience 6 shots at that distance the whole match with the other 72 shots between 5 and 20 yards per category.;f

12. Don At PC

Max; Sorry for the misunderstanding. I did not see your "winkie face" at the end when I made my post. Just for the record though any posts I make are just that "my post" . As for my performance I feel comfortable with my progress and I am Proud to be a part of "Team Carver Mounts". My performance or Team Affiliation has nothing to do with my posts. :)

13. Maxthemutt

Maxthemutt

I apologize for my post Don. I read yours at the end of a bad day and was getting on this morning to delete mine, but you beat me here.

Again Sorry, Max

14. Don At PC

Max;

Apology accepted. I was also out of line and don't want to embarass my Team. We both had a bad day.

Hope to shake you hand at a match someday.

15. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Was pleased to shoot the inaugural at Brighton last year and had a blast. Wonderful folks, and generally well run. Their only real issue while I was there was that they had one plate rack go down that kind of bogged things down a bit and the one in use didn't have its 'fore' rail configured to put splash down into the ground, thus some spectators got zing'd occasionally. However, they were already working on fixing those things for this year even while the match was going on - their attitude was outstanding.

Pretty tired when we got there on Sunday after having done Hallsville on Saturday; everyone was super though and it breathed new life into our tired souls, if not our scores. Great match & I'll be back this year.

;?

p.s. One refreshing thing I noted: Standing in the vicinity of the registration area, you could see & read the signs telling you EXACTLY which way to go for which stages. Kudos Brighton! ^c