GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
30,843 Posts
I was using TALON rough/grit finish 'cause I thought it gave a good grip. Just to see, I bought a set of TRACTION GRIPS http://tractiongrips.com/id47.html rubberized finish and it made me change! I took the grit stuff off, replaced with rubber finish and haven't looked back. Looks and seems to hold up better, too. My grandson likes his as well.
The Talon sandpaper grips do deteriorate over time but the rubberized ones hold up just fine.

·
M62/76
11,957 Posts
I've carried a Gen3 19 for years without rubber or tape.

·
1911 lover
10,133 Posts
I have never run any glove / sleeve / tape / grip stuff on any glock or any other pistol ever. When I buy a gun I make sure I can get a decent hold of it the way it is. I have changed out grips on 1911's to rough texture g10 because I use those for competition and defense and the added texture can be useful if the factory grips are pretty smooth.

·
The Snowflakes have invaded GT
4,318 Posts
Carry nude
Get a tan

I can see a run on personalized license plates.
Carynkd
Nkdcary
Nkdgunr
Skingunr
Nudegunr
Iwb-not
Seegun

·
Banned
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Of course this is pretty personal, and the specific size and geometry of a shooter's hands play a role.

I remember Miculek talking about how he used talcum powder on his revolver handle to facilitate draws and reloads, because he needed the gun to be able to move in his hand right up to the last instant. That's pretty extreme, but it illustrates the point.

It's almost impossible to get a 99% draw index every time. But you can learn to break it down into steps that occur while the gun is in motion. For me, that requires the gun to stay loose until the sights are almost on target.

The gen3 reload is one of the hardest things to really nail consistently. For me, it's imperative for the gun to pivot immediately after the last shot is called to get a fast standing reload. If the gun sticks to your hand as it comes back, it's very difficult to get consistent sub-second reloads with that tiny button and wide grip.

That's fast.

·
Banned
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
When I buy a gun I make sure I can get a decent hold of it the way it is
I agree, but until you have a chance to shoot it you don't know how much control you will have. Thanks.

·
Aslan
1,217 Posts
Talon Grips (rubber) on a 42.

Sorry. I overlooked the Gen 3 qualification.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Over the years, I've tried various sleeves (Pachmayer etc) and grip tape on my EDC G26 Gen3. Right now I only have tape on the front strap and back strap. Seems to enhance the grip without enlarging it too much (tape on the sides of the grip didn't seem to really help with the grip that much, anyway).

How does everyone else carry their Gen3's? Naked or covered up?
Mtn. bike innertube. VERY durable, grips well, minimal grip enlargement.

·
Banned
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Mtn. bike innertube. VERY durable, grips well, minimal grip enlargement.
Tried it years ago. I've gone back to bare nekked Glock. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Over the years, I've tried various sleeves (Pachmayer etc) and grip tape on my EDC G26 Gen3. Right now I only have tape on the front strap and back strap. Seems to enhance the grip without enlarging it too much (tape on the sides of the grip didn't seem to really help with the grip that much, anyway).

How does everyone else carry their Gen3's? Naked or covered up?
not sure who modeled the gen3 grip, but it does not fit me...I pack a gen2 g17 or g23

·
Registered
41 Posts
Talon-Rubber. My Daily Carry (G-23 gen3) has had the same Talon Grip on it since Talon started selling them. It has No Signs of letting go. Looks and feels just as it did several years ago. No Reason to "Change" as I liked them well enough to put them on all my other Gen3 favorites. G-21sf ,G-30sf, G-22c, G-27, G-35MOS, & my woods carry a G-32. The 22c is a "Newly Acquired" LEO Trade-In and waiting for its Talon. My experience with Talon Grips is if installed correctly, they'll last a long time and add a Confident & Comfortable Grip...in any conditions. +1.....Talon. These get used once or twice a week and have shown No signs of a failing Grip. Unlike a Packmeyer.

Attachments

·
On the Border
15,281 Posts
That's fast.
It's a series of mechanical operations that takes a certain amount of time to execute. If you want it to take less time, you need to break it down and see where time can be removed. Same is true for the operations directly related to the gun discharging.

Shooting at speed is about refining your understanding of all the components and removing fat. Making an effort to 'go fast' is the death of shooting at a high rate of fire.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Try stipling, with a wood burner, I've done that to several of my flicks and love the grip and added texture,just be sure to practice on some old battery drills or impacts or similar plastic so you get the feel of it and find a pattern that looks good

·
Registered
5 Posts
Try stipling, with a wood burner, I've done that to several of my flicks and love the grip and added texture,just be sure to practice on some old battery drills or impacts or similar plastic so you get the feel of it and find a pattern that looks good

·
Banned
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I carry a gen three Glock 19 with nothing on the grip.
I made the plunge and removed the last of the grip tape yesterday. Feels good. Haven't been able to shoot it yet. We'll see. Thanks for the response.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts