Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
No they do not. Glock makes the same exact gun over and over again with hundreds of different barrels and grip length combinations, and everyone acts like they reinvented the wheel.

Glock makes whatever, and people will buy whatever they make just because Glock makes it. If Glock chopped an inch off of the Glock 43's barrel and grip, gave it one finger groove, painted it FDE, only gave it a 3 round capacity, and named it the the Glock 43 Minus, there are a large number of gun owners who would trample one another to get it. They'll convince themselves and try to convince everyone else that it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Other firearm manufactures have to innovate, constantly evolve, and compete whereas Glock knows they do not have to because their fanbase will buy their product regardless and a 3rd aftermarket party will do the innovating for them to fill any gaps that you'll get out the box with the competition.
Forehead Chin Eyebrow Jaw Gesture

+1

·
Premium Member
7,455 Posts
I have the Hellcat and LCPII, but truth is I very seldom carry them. A good compact nine, preferably CZ and I'm ready to go. Since I'm retired I'm not hampered by wardrobe anymore so the size isn't that much of a factor. I must say though for IWB 9 MM Micros there are some really nice large capacity ones out there. You just have to decide which one you like best. The Glocks are getting boring. Same old, same old. I treasure my G21 GEN 3, but I doubt I'll ever buy another Glock. I waited with bated breath for the G44 only to find a plain jane 10 shot .22 that had feeding problems from the start. TAURUS, of all companies, beat them out with the TX22, a really new design, and it worked from the start.

• Love
Reactions: MrS&W

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Exactly Glock introduced the G43x so people can buy after market mags and mag releases. Also after market night sights. All stock on the Sig P3t5.
I think they are so big that it has gone to their heads. They aren't listening to what their customers/market wants and are getting it to them in a timely manner. Taurus, Ruger, Kimber, HK (hopefully), S&W, Walther, Kahr, DiamondBack, and even Beretta all rushed to compete in the single stack and staggered stack 9mm market against Kel Tec and Sig respectively while Glock is lagging behind. They very slowly but surely are losing market shares and customers.

I seen plenty of other companies who got so big and popular that they became comfortable and complacent to the point that they sat still and allowed more hungry companies take their throne. Glock could release a micro 9mm with 10-11 round capacity at any time, and the sales will dwarf everyone elses, but they aren't incentivized to because many of us will happily keep buying their single stacks. Everyone elses single stack line ups are obsolete and not really selling anymore except for Glock's late to the party single stacks.

/END RANT (sorry)

·
Registered
13,802 Posts
Micro 9mm?
I'm waiting for the whopper. A triple stack 10mm.
Don't need no stinking' tiny toy pistols!

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
I think they are so big that it has gone to their heads. They aren't listening to what their customers/market wants and are getting it to them in a timely manner. Taurus, Ruger, Kimber, HK (hopefully), S&W, Walther, Kahr, DiamondBack, and even Beretta all rushed to compete in the single stack and staggered stack 9mm market against Kel Tec and Sig respectively while Glock is lagging behind. They very slowly but surely are losing market shares and customers.

I seen plenty of other companies who got so big and popular that they became comfortable and complacent to the point that they sat still and allowed more hungry companies take their throne. Glock could release a micro 9mm with 10-11 round capacity at any time, and the sales will dwarf everyone elses, but they aren't incentivized to because many of us will happily keep buying their single stacks. Everyone elses single stack line ups are obsolete and not really selling anymore except for Glock's late to the party single stacks.

/END RANT (sorry)
I believe the civilian market to Glock is secondary.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I am. It'll be a triple stack 9mm that holds 20 rounds with a 2" barrel and weighs 10 oz. I'll probably sell thousands in the first week. Oh yeah, it'll of course be striker fired with night sights and lots of serrations on the slide. Isn't that market saturated enough?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
No they do not. Glock makes the same exact gun over and over again with hundreds of different barrels and grip length combinations, and everyone acts like they reinvented the wheel.

Glock makes whatever, and people will buy whatever they make just because Glock makes it. If Glock chopped an inch off of the Glock 43's barrel and grip, gave it one finger groove, painted it FDE, only gave it a 3 round capacity, and named it the the Glock 43 Minus, there are a large number of gun owners who would trample one another to get it. They'll convince themselves and try to convince everyone else that it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Other firearm manufactures have to innovate, constantly evolve, and compete whereas Glock knows they do not have to because their fanbase will buy their product regardless and a 3rd aftermarket party will do the innovating for them to fill any gaps that you'll get out the box with the competition.

/END RANT (sorry)

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
The next Micro 9mm will indeed be an Hk = Heckler & Koch
It's design was let out May The 4th 2021 = "May The Fourth Be With You"
Here's the drawing & it looks like a striker fired M&P Shield + SIG P365
We are waiting.. It's Been five months since I first saw this.. Come On HK

Here's the US Patten from October 18th 2019
U.S. patent number D918,328
Product Rectangle Font Line Screenshot

Until then it will be my Hk USPC x2
Luggage and bags Bag Automotive exterior Baggage Auto part

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

Lord Help Me as I have been looking at a Glock 19X too & a SIG Sauer P365
My S&W M&P Shield 9mm 7/8 rounder will have to do..
Currently my ONLY 9mm Pistol..
I would think Glock would come out with a Glock 43+ not an X
Gary/Glock 17L

·
M&P
6,130 Posts
Perhaps the underwhelming single stack CZ was one of the (I believe forthcoming at the time) releases Reeves was indicating.

HK would be interesting, though they have traditionally handicapped potential magazine capacity in favor of spring reliability and longevity.
I’m hoping CZ will bring an offering in their P series lineup. Although, I do own a P365XL so I’m probably not in the market currently.

HK? They can’t bring one out yet. They haven’t had enough YEARS to study the market and then design and OVER engineer it yet.

·
Registered
378 Posts

I don't disagree so much as I'd say there is a reason Glock has been able to keep their "fanbase" happy enough and wanting to buy additional Glock pistols. Success, no? For 33 years now? Was their initial product in 1988 THAT innovative that is has lasted 33 years with basically incremental changes? Market says that is an accurate statement. I'd certainly like to see more. I love Glocks and Sigs and HK's. Amazing how different the approaches are. HK is a horrible advertiser and few new models year after year: Sig tends toward way tooooo many new models every year; and Glock just modified the basic Glock design and bamn, new gun. Interesting to see Sig has not done the massive number of models for the 2021/22 catalog year. Guessing difficulties keeping up with demand caused limited offerings.

Serious thoughts on innovation lead me to believe that there is not much left to innovate without a radical departure from the base. If you are Glock I'm sure they have beta tested a modular system like Sig created. They certainly sell a lot of them but I don't believe it was the sales success Sig expected after the Mil adoption. Maybe Glock could "perfect" the modular system? That would be radical. This is all pure internet conjecture.

What do you see as innovative that Glock could develope? We all have small changes we'd like but that is not going to move a huge corporation when the other half of buyers may not want that change. Hard one, but Shield Arms opened an avenue to redesign of the Glock magazine. Saying that is hard for me as the Glock mags are usually bulletproof. If done correctly that could be innovative. I could see a customized Glock order page where you pick sights, frame, frame color, etc... Interested to hear what jems you guys come up with ;)

·
Registered
881 Posts
I believe the civilian market to Glock is secondary.
And it's that short-sighted thinking that is going to lead to further market share losses with the big contracts. Just a quick search this morning:

Obviously the Army with with Sig and the XM17/18
Delaware State Police adopt the P320 X series with RomeoPRO
All divisions under Texas DPS use the P320
Nevada Highway Patrol
Ohio Highway Patrol
Milwaukee
Newington, NH
Lloyd Harbor, NY
Sumter, SC
Virginia Capitol Police
Virginia State Police
Montgomery, AL
Tampa, FL
North Dakota Highway Patrol

These might not be the big LAPD, NYPD, FBI but its business that Glock isn't getting. When a company gets complacent they eventually fall behind the competition.

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
9,314 Posts
If Glock chopped an inch off of the Glock 43's barrel and grip, gave it one finger groove, painted it FDE, only gave it a 3 round capacity, and named it the the Glock 43 Minus, there are a large number of gun owners who would trample one another to get it. They'll convince themselves and try to convince everyone else that it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.
I've often said if Gaston took a hot dump on a flat rock and then slapped a Glock logo on it there would be some folks lining up to pre-order.

Glock makes a solid, serviceable handgun. They have great, aggressive marketing. They have a fan base, some of which drink a bit too much kool-aid. But in the micro end of the pool they can't complete. I know folks like the 43X and that's totally cool and fine...but it isn't a micro-9. They have painted themselves into a corner with the poly mag, which is a good mag, just not capable of doing what the others have done with their metal mags. At least not that they've demonstrated. If they pulled off some magic and made a G42 sized pistol in 9mm with 10+1 they'd have to open a whole new door to keep up with shipping.

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
I just wish Kahr would make a ….
Oh yeah they have been making high quality subcompacts since 1996, way before it was cool and trendy.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
I just wish Kahr would make a ….
Oh yeah they have been making high quality subcompacts since 1996, way before it was cool and trendy.
Kanr was way ahead of the game. So far ahead many people thought a pistol that small couldn't be reliable. I don't own any Kahrs but those that do seem to like them.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I too have looked at the $IG $auer P320 but when a shop up the street showed as having one in stock @ $300 I went there to get it & was told it didn't exist..
The Manager would take deals like that & hold it in his Office for a couple months till the price dropped another 20% & then have a buddy of His come put it on lay a way..
Told them if I was the BATFE & wanted to see it, You'd better produce it NOW!!
I also told them that holding a firearm like that was stealing from the company & the public..
Needless to say the manager doesn't work there anymore & was also stealing other items that they are still looking for that don't exist even now.. It's a Pawn Broker with all their inventory listed online with price & serial #s. I have found several deals there like a M&P 380EZ for $329, My Shield above for $249..
Darn it.. I wanted that $IG P320 too.. Damn that guy there.. Hope his buddy was happy with it..
It Cost Him His Job..
I'm going there in a few minutes to look at a medium size Router, A Bosch 1617.
I'm needing to rout a guitar top for a patch & my huge Craftsman is TOO BIG..
And my Dremel one is TOO SMALL..
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Font

A Couple S&W M&P Deals I did score there..
Gary/Glock 17L

21 - 40 of 56 Posts