Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sig P365, Springfield Hellcat, Ruger LCP Max, Taurus GX4, and Kimber R7 Mako. I am just curious, who do you all think the next two major companies will be that will release a high capacity micro pistol?

In his review of the new Kimber R7 Mako, James Reeves of TBF TV on YouTube reviled that he knew of two "major manufacturers" who are planning on releasing their version. The only major manufacturers left that are in the polymer semiauto game are HK, Walther, FN, and Beretta. I am leaning towards the Hellcat as being the best in the field for the money IMHO; however, I am hoping it's a HK and Walther. Anyone hear anything else about this?

·
Registered
17,102 Posts
With a name like Mr. S&W how can you not mention the Shield Plus with all the other high capacity micro nines you listed?

While not a major manufacture of handguns they are a major manufacture of firearms. Mossberg has their MC1 single stack 9MM and the MC2 double stack 15 round 9mm.

A small double stack is very possible from Mossberg.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Perhaps the underwhelming single stack CZ was one of the (I believe forthcoming at the time) releases Reeves was indicating.

HK would be interesting, though they have traditionally handicapped potential magazine capacity in favor of spring reliability and longevity.

Beretta might have something in the works, like a revised capacity Nano or something. Likewise, Walther may be adding rounds to the PPS.

·
On the day of your birth death began stalking you
9,743 Posts
I have seen a blueprint that is supposed to be a HK

Reactions: Vaquero 357

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Perhaps the underwhelming single stack CZ was one of the (I believe forthcoming at the time) releases Reeves was indicating.

HK would be interesting, though they have traditionally handicapped potential magazine capacity in favor of spring reliability and longevity.

Beretta might have something in the works, like a revised capacity Nano or something. Likewise, Walther may be adding rounds to the PPS.
I forgot about CZ

·
Registered
552 Posts
We know it's HK and Walther.

HK has the leaked smaller gun that may add/kill off the VP9 line.

Walther just killed off the PPQ for the PDP. in 4", 4.5" and 5". Only thing left for Walther to do is update the PPS M2 which has a dead product life cycle since the P365.

Read the most interesting compilation on number of guns sold when the P365 came out. The P365 appeared to killed off a lot of guns in terms of first time buyers. Example, the Taurus G2. Taurus went to break neck speed to bring out the G3 and then GX4 just to get sells going again.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
We know it's HK and Walther.

HK has the leaked smaller gun that may add/kill off the VP9 line.

Walther just killed off the PPQ for the PDP. in 4", 4.5" and 5". Only thing left for Walther to do is update the PPS M2 which has a dead product life cycle since the P365.

Read the most interesting compilation on number of guns sold when the P365 came out. The P365 appeared to killed off a lot of guns in terms of first time buyers. Example, the Taurus G2. Taurus went to break neck speed to bring out the G3 and then GX4 just to get sells going again.
As far as Taurus goes, I don't believe they ever had a problem selling their G2s etc. They are different categories and not over lapping except for their G2S. The G2's price point is 3x less than the P365 and the target buyers/purpose isn't the same.

·
Registered
268 Posts
If I were the CSO of a major firearms company I’d be looking for a different market to tackle. There’s a lot of entries in the micro 9 category and Sig owns it 100% without a doubt and I don’t see how anyone could really improve on that much if at all. Sure they can still get a piece of the pie, but I’d rather have a larger piece of a different pie or the whole damn pie.

They will though, everyone will jump in and do their thing until the market is exhausted and then will move on to the next thing once consumers attention span is lost.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
If I were the CSO of a major firearms company I’d be looking for a different market to tackle. There’s a lot of entries in the micro 9 category and Sig owns it 100% without a doubt and I don’t see how anyone could really improve on that much if at all. Sure they can still get a piece of the pie, but I’d rather have a larger piece of a different pie or the whole damn pie.

They will though, everyone will jump in and do their thing until the market is exhausted and then will move on to the next thing once consumers attention span is lost.
Each manufacturer has its fanboys who will purchase whatever that manufacturer makes and proclaim it the best of the breed, no matter what evidence is presented to the contrary. So, that's the market they're aiming at for starters. Coming up with a new market is not as easy as copying someone else's idea. Even SIG didn't come up with the micro 9 concept although it has been the most successful.

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
9,241 Posts

·
Registered
12,675 Posts

you produce what the consumers want...
it's called Capitalism...

·
Registered
248 Posts
..unless you are Glock and then you make what the consumer should want. So far plenty have can't knock that.
Doesn't stop many of us from wondering why Glock won't go all steel mag and compete with the P365.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
..unless you are Glock and then you make what the consumer should want. So far plenty have can't knock that.
Doesn't stop many of us from wondering why Glock won't go all steel mag and compete with the P365.
No they do not. Glock makes the same exact gun over and over again with hundreds of different barrels and grip length combinations, and everyone acts like they reinvented the wheel.

Glock makes whatever, and people will buy whatever they make just because Glock makes it. If Glock chopped an inch off of the Glock 43's barrel and grip, gave it one finger groove, painted it FDE, only gave it a 3 round capacity, and named it the the Glock 43 Minus, there are a large number of gun owners who would trample one another to get it. They'll convince themselves and try to convince everyone else that it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Other firearm manufactures have to innovate, constantly evolve, and compete whereas Glock knows they do not have to because their fanbase will buy their product regardless and a 3rd aftermarket party will do the innovating for them to fill any gaps that you'll get out the box with the competition.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
SCCY or Bersa are possibilities.....not sure if they could be called "major manufacturers" though.

·
Registered
862 Posts
No they do not. Glock makes the same exact gun over and over again with hundreds of different barrels and grip length combinations, and everyone acts like they reinvented the wheel.

Glock makes whatever, and people will buy whatever they make just because Glock makes it. If Glock chopped an inch off of the Glock 43's barrel and grip, gave it one finger groove, painted it FDE, only gave it a 3 round capacity, and named it the the Glock 43 Minus, there are a large number of gun owners who would trample one another to get it. They'll convince themselves and try to convince everyone else that it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Other firearm manufactures have to innovate, constantly evolve, and compete whereas Glock knows they do not have to because their fanbase will buy their product regardless and a 3rd aftermarket party will do the innovating for them to fill any gaps that you'll get out the box with the competition.
While I'm not a Glock hater by any means I can't disagree with anything you wrote there. I'm down to my last two Glocks and I'm considering selling one of them.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts