close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Who prefers Sub-Compact Glocks?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by G-19, Jan 20, 2013.

1. G-19

G-19

I have tried a few different Glocks over the years, G17 Gen2, G23 Gen3 and a G19 Gen3. I really wanted to like them but they never fit me that well. Then I tried a G23 Gen4 and felt that it fit me better and I shot it pretty well. Then I had the oppurtunity to try a G27 Gen3. I fell in love with it, so much so that I had to get one. It felt great in my hand. I think the placement of the hump in the hollow of my hand is why it feels so good. Plus, I shot the G27 better than the G23. It conceals better, and still holds enough firepower to be used as a HD gun.

I like the Sub-Compact Glock so much I am working a deal to trade my G23 for another G27 this one is a Gen4. Anyone else prefer the Sub-Compact Glock?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  2. Redstate

Redstate

I can't say "prefer" except in the category of CCW. I prefer my sub over my compact for carry; but, for accuracy, I am slightly more so with the compact.

3. paulbow

paulbow

4. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

I really like them a lot, including the G30 which Glock classifies as subcompact. Even with all the other handguns I have in my carry rotation (I like variety...) I am still most at ease with a 26, 27, 30, 33, or 39 at my side. I'd carry a G29, but mine hasn't arrived for pickup at the LGS yet!

5. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

I consider the baby Glocks to be excellent CCW pistols and have had no reliability issues over more than 10 years.

6. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

I like them a lot. G26 FTW. I shoot it best. I like the G17 a lot too. I have warmed up some to my G19, but it's never going to put baby in the corner. :rofl:

7. tango44

tango44

G26 is my personal favorite.
    Here in sunny FL, I wear kakis and polos for the job and the 26 conceals very well.
    Never feel under armed with it, really enjoy it and love it.

8. 4095fanatic

4095fanatic

I preferred my G27 for EDC when I lived in a state that permitted it, now for range time I find myself leaning more towards compact/full size models.

9. TheGlockTalker

TheGlockTalker

In 9mm I have the 34 and the 26.
    I prefer the 34 for the range and IDPA and the 26 for carrying.
    Who would have though....?
    So basically what I'm saying is that it depends on the situation.

10. Adamz04

Adamz04

I prefer the sub compacts to the other models as well. The compacts would be my second favorite, and the full size ones I don't really have much interest in.

11. DrtyHarry

DrtyHarry

I carry my G27 as my primary in the summer, and use it as my BUG in the winter. I also shoot the 27 better than the 23. If I use an extended mag with a sleeve on the 27, I'm just as accurate.

DH

12. snowbird.40

snowbird.40

Absolutely. Like you, I've owned many Glocks in 9mm and .40 caliber and even owned a G20 in 10mm for deer hunting. But now that I'm retired and have hit 62 years of age, I've decided that it's less confusing to own just ONE Glock, so I made my one gun a Gen 4 Model 26 and I've never been more pleased.

The gun is waaay more accurate than I am; it's been totally reliable with several different types of ammo, it's easy to conceal and I love the flexibility with different magazine options up to and including 15-round mags with X-Grip magazine sleeves which makes it feel just like a G19 for IDPA matches and home defense. Regarding the little gun's remarkable accuracy, Massad Ayoob addressed that issue in last year's Complete Book of Handguns by Harris Outdoor publications. It make a great read and was perhaps the ultimate tipping point when I was making my decision on my one-gun philosophy.

13. Bruce M

Bruce M

14. wacopolumbo

wacopolumbo

Me too. The swell on the back of the grip hits the meat of my hand in just the right place. Sub compact Glock + GAP floor plates = CCW greatness.

I've had them all but now I just have a pair of 26s, pair of 39s and a dedicated 22 platform that used to be a 27.

15. Ratrod

Ratrod

I wanted the 26 but none are available.

16. Supertuck

Supertuck

I love my 19 for an all-purpose handgun. I especially like being able to get a "full" grip, but my 26 plays an important role in my EDC rotation. It's also very helpful that most holsters are interchangeable for the two of them.

17. 2-8 Marine

2-8 Marine Limp Member

At the risk of being burned at the stake for saying so, I wouldn't own a Glock that wasn't a sub compact model. I own a G26 (Black) and G27 (OD) and would never sell them. Sorry, I've tried but I can't LIKE the larger models. They just don't feel good in my hand. Blast away!

18. G-19

G-19

Well, I had to cancel my trade for the G27 Gen4. I still have my G27 Gen3 so all is good. I may just keep the G23, it is a good gun, and if the antis get their way I may not be able to replace it if I ever wanted to.

19. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster G17 carrier since 1989 Millennium Member

I am happy with my only Glock - a G17.

20. Armedleprechaun

Armedleprechaun

Count me in. I prefer my Glock 26 .