GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
it has to come from the factory precut for the red dot that I like.
You mean pre-cut for an adapter plate that, in turn, accepts a red dot you like?

I think it's an absolute shame Glock doesn't offer slides milled to directly accept a Trijicon RMR / SRO and other MRDS's (e.g, Holosun) which share the same footprint.

·
1,843 Posts
Still learning to use them but I do.....

2C413A3C-4EB7-4651-A61D-D3849CC0476D.jpeg

Reactions: xTerpx

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The thread title says dots, but the posts keep referring to RMR. I only have 2 RMR, but another 3 fixed mounted dot sights. :)
Good point! I meant any dot in the original post, not just a Trijicon RMR. Going by that definition, I also have a Browning Buckmark Countour that sports an Ultradot. With my horrible eyesight, my 50 yard groupings with a dot look like my 15 yard grouping with irons. A red dot makes that much difference for me. Without one, I feel like I am wasting ammo anything past 15 yards

·
Preferred Pronouns: (It, Ya'll, Bruh)
2,897 Posts
I just don’t find them advantageous and they darn sure aren’t going ever going on a carry gun for me.
Interesting...would love to know the reason(s) why they "darn sure" won't ever grace a carry gun in your world, sir.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I currently have 6 RMRd pistols (4 Glocks and 2 Sigs). They work so well for me that I’m thinking of converting the remaining 8 Glocks I have. It’s expensive and I’ll probably do it over a period of a couple of years. Who has an extensive red dot pistol collection and do you regret pouring an ungodly amount of money into them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I don't own any. Pistols are there to be "sidearms" and I find them impossible to carry concealed with appendages.

·
Mr. Awesome
10,427 Posts
One Gen4 and one slide sent out for milling. Using a Trijicon RMR. I bought a G19 MOS and loved the dot with my ageing eyes. Then I tried a milled version of the same pistol. While it doesn't look like much difference, it certainly lowers the optic for better performance. The only thing that concerns me is breaking the original finish.
View attachment 875510
Everyone else’s RMR looks wider than the slide, yours doesn’t. Is it a regular RMR or the new RMRcc?

·
Registered
14,463 Posts
Interesting...would love to know the reason(s) why they "darn sure" won't ever grace a carry gun in your world, sir.
Because the dot is often difficult to pick up unless you are able to fire from a consistent position everytime. If I have to line up the sights to find the dot then what’s the point.

And because having a chunk of metal protruding from the top of the slide makes the handgun more bulky and uncomfortable to carry.

Just because some folks carry one to Walmart and back on the weekends AIWB doesn’t mean that it’s comfortable to carry concealed all day everyday.

·
Registered
9,013 Posts
Everyone else’s RMR looks wider than the slide, yours doesn’t. Is it a regular RMR or the new RMRcc?
No, the photo shows a regular Type 2 Trijicon RMR on a Glock 19 Gen 4 MOS using the plate for Glocks and a Trijicon very thin sealing plate. As far as I'm concerned that sealing plate should come with the Glock mounting plates. But the one pictured (rear hump & finger bumps removed then stippled by Cold Bore Customs) definitely sits higher than my friend's milled version. That's why i sent my second slide to Jaegerwork's for milling specifically for a Trijicon. Sure glad they are using a quality finish. I've heard of many options used, from leaving the cut bare to black nitrite. It's an excellent place for moisture to gather.

·
Registered
734 Posts
That's why i sent my second slide to Jaegerwork's for milling specifically for a Trijicon. Sure glad they are using a quality finish. I've heard of many options used, from leaving the cut bare to black nitrite. It's an excellent place for moisture to gather.
Excellent choice! By the way, it's JagerWerks in case anyone is interested. ;)

ETA: The JagerWerks Glock RMR cut is on sale for $80 + $10 rear iron sight forward. And black nitride is only $20 (I paid $50).

·
Registered
434 Posts
All my pistols have holosuns on them. Except for my p07 which will be getting milling for one after Christmas. And my shadow 2 does not have one yet either. I’m trying to decide if I want to go SRO or deltapoint pro....I haven’t seen an SRO in person yet so I’m waiting to be able to use one before making my decision. I believe it’s the future for pistols.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Because the dot is often difficult to pick up unless you are able to fire from a consistent position everytime. If I have to line up the sights to find the dot then what’s the point.

And because having a chunk of metal protruding from the top of the slide makes the handgun more bulky and uncomfortable to carry.

Just because some folks carry one to Walmart and back on the weekends AIWB doesn’t mean that it’s comfortable to carry concealed all day everyday.
'Zackly. Red dots have their place, but they are a PIA to get outta a pocket lol. It would be nice, but highly impractical on a handgun.
So are lights. I've been wanting a rail light also, but even the smallest of them is still too bulky on the EDC (imho, your mileage may vary).

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
'Zackly. Red dots have their place, but they are a PIA to get outta a pocket lol. It would be nice, but highly impractical on a handgun.
So are lights. I've been wanting a rail light also, but even the smallest of them is still too bulky on the EDC (imho, your mileage may vary).
Pocket carry I can see. The kydex holsters that are made to accommodate the RMRs carry exactly like their non optic counterparts. The draw is the same, carries the same, you can’t tell the optic is there. The only difference is finding the dot on the draw and that’s a matter of practice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

21 - 40 of 58 Posts