GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have 6 RMRd pistols (4 Glocks and 2 Sigs). They work so well for me that I’m thinking of converting the remaining 8 Glocks I have. It’s expensive and I’ll probably do it over a period of a couple of years. Who has an extensive red dot pistol collection and do you regret pouring an ungodly amount of money into them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
19,918 Posts
I have 2 glocks (34 and 19) and a 365xl with dots currently on them. I need to order a dot for my CZ P10F. (Anyone want to send me one for Christmas?)

·
Registered
371 Posts
This is the fundamental divide between red dots as the future with the benefits they provide and the brass tax of how costly pistols diversity is in this world.

I’ve elected to own one RMR and live with the inability to rotate pistols

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have a Holosun 507c green on a Glock 17 and Holosun 507c red on a Ruger 22/45 Mark 4. Also have a Sig Romeo 5 with a QD mount on my Kel Tec Sun2000. These old eyes need every advantage they can get.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Yep, I put an RMR on each of my Glocks. I took me a while to find the Glock I liked best. For me it was the G29.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
G34 with a delta point pro, G41 with a venom and a MK IV 22/45 with a fastfire. All used for competitions. Took a long time for me to adjust to using them, but now really like the dots.

·
NRA Life Member
64,143 Posts
I have 3 .22s and a 1911 .45 with Ultradots, for Bullseye competition, but none of the carry type red dots.

·
Registered
14,487 Posts
I have 3 pistols with 507cs on them currently. I could see adding another if It was for a specific competition, but couldn't justify 8 extras. Too much overlap and redundancy.

·
Registered
13,263 Posts
Two Glocks
Two Ruger Mk III
S&W 617
S&W 627
SIG 1911-22

I like irons better all my dots are CMores for playing games.

·
98.SiG and Rising!
776 Posts
"So Far!" Only two, a G19.3 and a P365XL. I am much quicker to pickup the HS507K-X2 with the circle/dot. With aging eyes this opened up a whole new world of possibilities.

20200907_160754[5792]_2.jpg

P365XL507Kx2.jpg

·
On the day of your birth death began stalking you
9,477 Posts
I have 2 glocks (34 and 19) and a 365xl with dots currently on them. I need to order a dot for my CZ P10F. (Anyone want to send me one for Christmas?)
I got one but JCN would probably be mad lol. J/K @JCN

Reactions: -JCN- and pgg00

·
Registered
14,463 Posts
Not me. I don’t care for them. I was super excited about trying one the first time and really thought it was going to be the wave if the future.

Then I tried one and....meh

I just don’t find them advantageous and they darn sure aren’t going ever going on a carry gun for me.

Just not my thing.

·
Registered
9,013 Posts
One Gen4 and one slide sent out for milling. Using a Trijicon RMR. I bought a G19 MOS and loved the dot with my ageing eyes. Then I tried a milled version of the same pistol. While it doesn't look like much difference, it certainly lowers the optic for better performance. The only thing that concerns me is breaking the original finish.
IMG_0169.jpg

·
Registered
734 Posts
I'll be RMR'ing (I like that term) my third G19 next week. Actually, it's a G44 slide on a G19.5 frame. More specifically, it's a Nelson Precision Manufacturing (NPM) / BoogeyMan Customs (BMC) RMR-cut 44X Voodoo slide. The first photo is a BMC 44X Voodoo slide stock photo. The second photo is of my slide with Trijicon Bright & Tough (tritium) Suppressor Sights (and an RMR cut cover plate) installed prior to the time it shipped.

I never would've bought a G44 had it not been for the prospect of the NPM / BMC 44 slides. I had absolutely no interest in a G19 trainer without an RMR-cut slide. It's simply not practical to RMR-cut the G44 hybrid plastic-steel slide. I want my "G44X" set up exactly like my G19's.

There is one caveat ... I'm a rear iron sight forward kind of guy. The NPM / BMC 44X slides are not being offered rear iron sight forward initially. I'll need to replace my BMC 44X Voodoo slide once the rear iron sight forward version is available later this year.

·
Registered
734 Posts
One Gen4 and one slide sent out for milling. <snip> The only thing that concerns me is breaking the original finish.
Not sure where you sent it, but I'm of the opinion the JagerWerks black nitride is better than the OEM G19.5 finish.

Some guys refinish the slide following an RMR cut. Some guys don't. In the "olden days", JagerWerks would apply Tool Black and Rustilick 631 to the exposed metal. However, customers complained when the RMR cut still developed rust. Now JagerWerks recommends refinishing the slide (CYA). I think it, in part, depends on where you live (i.e., humidity). However, the last thing you want is to remove your $450 RMR once a year to replace the battery only to find rust under it. A sealing plate may be a good idea in that situation.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts