close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Who needs ADT or Brinks-Homeowner Kills Robber In Driveway Shootout

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by jacquejet, Mar 18, 2010.

1. jacquejet

jacquejet

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2010/3/16/homeowners_kills_attempted_robber.html?refresh=1

OCOEE -- An Orange County man is recovering after a shootout in front of his home.

It happened around 12:30 a.m. Tuesday in the 1800 block of Pomegranate Court.

Police said the homeowner, Dave Henry, had just returned home from work and was pulling into his garage when he saw a suspicious car near his home.

That's when they said two suspects got out of the car and tried to rob the homeowner.

However, Henry pulled out his own gun and a shootout started.

One of the suspects, identified as David Lee Butler, 37, was shot and killed by Henry. The other suspect got away.

Police said Henry had a concealed weapons permit and is not facing any charges.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  2. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

Reminds me of the Charter Arms .44 bulldog commercial on the Sportsman Channel(?).

3. Sharkey

Sharkey

I thought the bad guys were suppose to run away once the alarm goes off at least that what happens on the commercial.

He sounds like like an elitist. How dare he solve the problem on his own. :whistling:

4. Straight Pipe

Straight Pipe

He didn't solve the problem on his own. He had help from Mr.Gaston Glock, or may-be (Col.)Sammy Colt. I understand that Johnny Browning may also have been there. They're all mutual friends.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  5. nitesite10mm

nitesite10mm Proud Husband

I don't believe Mr. Henry needed a concealed weapons permit, at least not in the state and JD where I reside and patrol.

"Here is my pistol permit, Officer."

"Put it away, Sir. It doesn't apply here on your own property."

6. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Well, it wouldn't apply on his property if he was on his property the whole time. This guy drove from a public street into his property with the gun.

In any event, bad guy dead, good guy alive. That's all that mattered.

However, in CA, this would be followed by the DA charging the guy with illegal CCW, tinted windows, bald tires, expired reg, cracked windshield, defective wipers, and then the baddies' family would sue for wrongful death and the media would cry about how the robbers were turning their lives around and went to church for 1 day in a row, sang to orphaned cripped retarded puppies in the rain, and learned how to make ceramic bowls underwater in the prison crafts class.

7. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

You just killed my post 800,I'm suing. :eric:

8. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Unintentional kill there.